Version 1.10g CTDs

woodelf

Bard
Retired Moderator
I figured I'd start dropping them into one thread so Kael can find them easier.

This one has happened twice so I know it's there. The first time I simply went to desktop, the second I noticed the "war" coming sounds, it spun for a couple of seconds, and then went to desktop.

Had a crash a fair while into the game, when hitting enter to go on to the next turn. Will see if I can reproduce, I'm just not bothered right now...

woodelf said:
I figured I'd start dropping them into one thread so Kael can find them easier.

This one has happened twice so I know it's there. The first time I simply went to desktop, the second I noticed the "war" coming sounds, it spun for a couple of seconds, and then went to desktop.

Hmm... this is being caused by the Priest of Leaves trying to cast Summon Tiger. Im at a loss to figure out why there is a problem summoning the tiger. I created AI priests that summon them just fine and my own priests even in that game can make them. Hmm..

On the bright side, that's my only CTD so far and including the SGs I've played 5 games! Not completely, but through 200 turns or so.

Talchas,

Woodelf's CTD shows the following log:

[17624.383] AI_update(unit:UNIT_PRIEST_OF_LEAVES id:655414 turn:167 UNITAI:5
[17624.383] AI_updateSpellWeights - bonuses spell 2, bonus 0
[17624.383] AI_updateSpellWeights - bonuses spell 27, bonus 0
[17624.383] AI_updateSpellWeights - bonuses spell 68, bonus 0
[17624.383] AI_update - start call doMagicAttack
[17624.383] magicAttack(minStrRatN:2,minStrRatD:1
[17624.383] getSpellTypeValue, spell 68 type 5 base 6 percent 0 flat 0
[17624.383] getSpellTypeValue, spell 68 type 0 base 3 percent 0 flat 0
[17624.383] magicAttack - bestSpell is 68, value 260
[17624.383] magicAttack - bestSpell is 68, value 229

I tried moving up to your latest ffhspells cvgamecoredll.dll and it seems like it fixes the issue (though I have to jump through a few hoops to get it to work). So I suspect you may have already fixed this. But I was wondering if you see anything unusual in the above logging, if I delete the priest mentioned above, or remove his ability to cast the Summon tiger spell the ctd doesn't occur.

I don't knwo the cause of Woodelf's CTD but I built a full build on the 110g code from Talchas's latest spell system and it doesn't happen anymore. So whatever the bug is, Talchas fixed it.

Chalid's CTD was actually caused by Woodelf. Specifically Yavin the Wood Elf, one of the AI cities just completed building him and his art wasn't linked correctly, hence the CTD.

Keep them coming if you guys find any more issues.

It looks ok, but I don't have the tons of debugging statements that I use to find CTDs (I wanna stack trace :(), so there probably wouldn't be anything. Do other summons CTD, or just tiger?

talchas said:
It looks ok, but I don't have the tons of debugging statements that I use to find CTDs (I wanna stack trace :(), so there probably wouldn't be anything. Do other summons CTD, or just tiger?

Just the tiger and just in that instance. I couldn't get a ctd off of other tiger summons if I or the AI did it. Its possible since I didn't find the x factor that other summons in that same situation would have done the same thing.

Its not worth stressing about, its my fault for not staying up on your latest code.

Got a reproduceable CTD in our current succession game. It kicks in at End of Turn, and I suspect it is because we are supposed to get a cultural victory in the following turn. Attached the save.

Out of interest, has anyone here ever tried for a cultural victory before? Maybe this is connected with the victory condition.

I never have. I've never won at all since I try new stuff, crash, try again.

The CTD I mentioned earlier is the Yavin the Wood-Elf-crash, I'd say. But something else interesting is connected to Yavin:
First off, all cities can build him, simultaneously.
Second off, the city screens in towns that build him, don't display correctly. Change to something else, and they are back to normal.
Save file attached, for illustrative purposes.

woodelf said:
I never have. I've never won at all since I try new stuff, crash, try again.

Well, I know conquest is possible, since I ran through a painfully simple conquest victory just fine. And I think religion has worked in the older versions.

woodelf said:
Can we fixed Yavin's spelling to Yvain please. :)

Will do, here is his Pedia entry:

[TAB]His ideas and character often lead others to believe that Yvain may be from the moon instead of the forests he cares for. His eccentric nature leads him across Erebus, visiting secluded glades, talking to exotic animals and chasing nymphs across pebbled river banks.

[tab]Even some within the Fellowship question if Yvain has the sincerity his respected stature would seem to require of him, but none doubt that he is the most powerful Druid and the favored child of Cernunnos. It was Yvain that first dreamed of the Ancient Forests and who is the first to face every newly discovered wilderness. To everyone who delights in finding the wonders of this world, know that the Woodelf has walked through these places before, and that it is all the more amazing because of it.

You failed to mention his fascination and rumored romance with Alexis...

Other than that it's perfect!

Both Cultural and Religious Victories worked fine for me. I did cheat and use the WB, but that shouldn't matter, should it?

Top Bottom