Master of Mana

Sephi

Deity
I do not visit this website anymore, so I won't update this post. If you want to contact me, try the website in my sig. thanks.

Very nice...love it.

A few balance (IMO) issues I have seen so far:

rangers are too deadly. 3 of my neighbors were wiped out by one civ in about 20 turns :eek:, turned out there were more than a dozen rangers running around....w/combat 5 each.... Since it is recon, maybe -50% city attack penalty?

some summons like skeleton seem too expensive for their stats. (Compared with, say, Chaos maunder)

Cities overall seem fairly easy to capture. More defense from buildings? More city-defending special effects/promotions?

Drill promotion line seems way underpowered. All the cool promotions are behind the combat line, and a 20% strength boost is not comparable to a first strike chance or two. Combat promotion line tends to be favored even back in vanilla when it gave only 10% strength bonus, and are generally better in FF, where drill is much more powerful than it is here. Suggestion: boost the drill promotions (maybe make drill I what drill II does right now and so forth, and make drill IV, say, 2 first strikes.), as well as weaken the combat line. (15% strength is great enough, given it has additional perks, and it leads to all the best promotions.)

Lastly, pleeeeease take the time and do the boring part of modding--the pedia. It is a pain to find out exactly what some of the features do, 1 line description will do the trick!! (E.G. for witchhut: provides additional spell research; cannot build improvements adjacent to it.)

Now, back to the game!:crazyeye:

wow sephi!

very impressive!!

how long have you worked on this?

with learning how to mod about 2 years. But it's not just me, a whole team involved. And many playtesters whose feedback was highly valuable. And all the gems created by the modding community...

I manage to start the game and set up the options for a new game. While the game is set up and the map is loading, I get a crash to desktop with a runtime error in civ4beyondsword.exe. Installing as an administrator, etc. has not helped. Any suggestions on how to fix this?:mad:

Did you play a different mod before? I know that the game doesn't delete all options when switching mods, so maybe try to do a PLAY NOW game first.

For example if you play a mod that adds a new difficulty and then switch back to vanilla BTS it can crash because the last used difficulty is not defined.

Great looking mod -- I love all the models you have in here. Many of them look like you got them from FFH but there are some new ones in here as well.

I am hoping to incorporate many of the models in version 3 of ExtremeMod. Of course I will give due credit to such a wonderful mod.

Cheers

Ooooh. Shiny. Definately downloading.

I'm getting a runtime error when trying to load the map for a new custom game. It happens during initializing graphics. I'm using the 1.01 patch.

Did you play a different mod before? I know that the game doesn't delete all options when switching mods, so maybe try to do a PLAY NOW game first.

For example if you play a mod that adds a new difficulty and then switch back to vanilla BTS it can crash because the last used difficulty is not defined.

That didn't help. Same result at the same point.

Downloaded this tonite for my son who loves fantasy mods and it looks stunning and very well done:goodjob: When I tried to do the patch my anti-virus didnt like it for some reason? so not sure on the problem with that but will try it again later.

I play normal FFH2; no other mods currently; neither BTS. Play Now and Custom Game both produce the same kind of CTD. Any suggestions?

Downloaded this tonite for my son who loves fantasy mods and it looks stunning and very well done:goodjob: When I tried to do the patch my anti-virus didnt like it for some reason? so not sure on the problem with that but will try it again later.

I'm using Norton Internet Security and had the same problem with the patch at first. It quarantined it, I think in part because the patch had so few downloads or users that NIS couldn't verify its safety.

I went into the "Quarantine" section of the anti-virus program, selected the patch and removed it from the quarantine.

I don't know what anti-virus program you're using, but you might be able to do something similar.

I play normal FFH2; no other mods currently; neither BTS. Play Now and Custom Game both produce the same kind of CTD. Any suggestions?

just to be sure. You have Beyond the Sword installed and the Patch 3.19? (auto-patcher sometimes screws this up)

Yes, CIV4 + BTS + patch 3.17 (manually installed) + patch 3.19 (manually installed). I have FFH2 running stable, as well as the Start Trek mod. Only Master of Mana crashes.

Yes, CIV4 + BTS + patch 3.17 (manually installed) + patch 3.19 (manually installed). I have FFH2 running stable, as well as the Start Trek mod. Only Master of Mana crashes.

Have you tried my mod -- it is a fairly good test to see to see if you can run a laden down graphic and XML modified Mod. Just a thought.

I'm using Norton Internet Security and had the same problem with the patch at first. It quarantined it, I think in part because the patch had so few downloads or users that NIS couldn't verify its safety.

I went into the "Quarantine" section of the anti-virus program, selected the patch and removed it from the quarantine.

I don't know what anti-virus program you're using, but you might be able to do something similar.

Yep, thats exactly what is going on, I will try to check on that later, thx:D

Top Bottom