City Raider upgrade not working?

ÆnigmÆffect

Warlord
This is starting to bug me. So, I got some macemen, and go the city raider upgrade as well as the basic combat upgrade. I attack a city. The stats area shows that I have +20% for city attack, but the strength still shows as 8.8, which is the original strength +10%.

So, my question: What happened to the +20%? Or am I not reading this correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Its not the strenth that shows who wins, its that chance of winning (I forget exactly waht its called)

Its a ratio of numbrs, a green and red one (green being you)

On a flat plains, your number would be your strenth. Say your strenth is 3, and you got a 20% improvement: When you go to attack, your strenth will still be 3, but that number should be 3.6

If you have your attacking unit selected, click and hold the right mouse button over the unit you plan on attacking. A small box will pop up above your unit's stat box displaying the strengths of both units with all of their modifiers added in.

I think this is the only way of seeing unit strengths with promotion modifiers added in (never seen the number in a unit's stat box change).

Way Cool Junior said:
If you have your attacking unit selected, click and hold the right mouse button over the unit you plan on attacking. A small box will pop up above your unit's stat box displaying the strengths of both units with all of their modifiers added in.

I think this is the only way of seeing unit strengths with promotion modifiers added in (never seen the number in a unit's stat box change).
Nice find! :)

You can also click your unit, then hold alt and mouseover the enemy unit, in case you are afraid of releasing the right mouse button and accidentally going on a suicide mission.

I've noticed the same thing and I think city raider is bugged too.

If you select a unit, hold down alt, and mouse over an adjacent enemy (or use whatever similar method for the same data) it'll show you your modified strength vs their modified strength to help you determine the odds.

I had a bunch of modern armor with different combos and my combat3 ones would show 52.0 while my cityraider3 would show 40.0 when hovering over city based enemies - and that seems wrong. Due to my stealth bombers doing massive quantities of collateral damage I always fought nicely weakened defenders, so it's hard to say whether the city raider was actually working. (Side note - a city with barracks + west point + pentagon that pumps out tanks with 3 promotions upon creation (without civics) is a happy place.)

My earlier swordsman with their built-in bonus did great against citied units so I'll have to make it a point to see how their bonus affects the "odds" popup.

yasic said:
Its not the strenth that shows who wins, its that chance of winning (I forget exactly waht its called)

Its a ratio of numbrs, a green and red one (green being you)

I don't think that's correct. It's showing the modified strengths of each unit along with a summary of their bonuses, not the raw odds of winning.

Top Bottom