PolyCast Episode 145: "Being Pedantic"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Quibbling together. The one-hundred-and-forty-fifth episode of PolyCast, "Being Pedantic", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Lisa "qnl" Bang with first-time guest co-host Brandon "bcaiko" Keith Hallmark; it has a runtime of 59m59s; listeners are encouraged to rate the show on iTunes and follow on Twitter.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m04s | News
Breaking down the Civilization V: Gods and Kings playthrough shown at PAX East 2012 a couple of weeks prior.
- 41m53s | Open Mic
Verbal feedback emailed in from a listener that expands on their forum post in response to a topic discussed last episode.
- 47m35s | Miscellaneous
Strengths, weaknesses and next steps for a survey to serve as the basis for a university dissertation connecting interest in Ancient Egypt and video games.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Semi-formal introductions, and political correctness for civilization leader selections based on gender.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

You can keep you're pantheon but as the game progresses the AI will spread religion towards so if you don't have religion you can get one but you will not enjoy the founder believe bonusses or fallower bonusses

This basicly means the AI enjoys bonusses when you have religion(fallower believe) it does give diplo bonusse AI will like you a lot

And other Ai's will hate you because you dont have their religion untill the industrial / renaissance

For the late game diplomacy with social policies They just have to add save social policies as a standard option it will work verry well with the new diplomatic system
I olso thinx it will not have a big impact

They say the AI will no longer hold a grugd of older actions so that that not everyone in the endgame is pissed at you I hope that is actualy true

And to be honest i thinx the intrige system will just be as as liberating. about telling the AI that a other AI is going to atack them will they actualy be thanxfull? will they have a positif modifier Proparly not

Thanks for making me sound somewhat intelligible, Dan!

I'm really looking forward to the expansion (and, of course, founding my Japanese religion of tenticlemonsterism).

Thanks for your feedback, apoc; further, you're typically one of, if not the first, to comment on episode releases in recent months. Thanks for that as well!

Thanks for making me sound somewhat intelligible, Dan!
:)

I'm really looking forward to the expansion (and, of course, founding my Japanese religion of tenticlemonsterism).
:D

It's great that G&K has given a lot for PolyCast hosts to talk about. Can't wait about hearing their first comments about it when it's released.
I can't wait to play it myself but I also look forward to different people's reactions, the new strategy discussions, stories etc. :)

I wonder did the inclusion of Sweden shock the PolyCast crew, remember one of them wanting the Zulus! :D

It's great that G&K has given a lot for PolyCast hosts to talk about. Can't wait about hearing their first comments about it when it's released.
I can't wait to play it myself but I also look forward to different people's reactions, the new strategy discussions, stories etc. :)

I wonder did the inclusion of Sweden shock the PolyCast crew, remember one of them wanting the Zulus! :D

Now we only need Poland and Saxony for a Great Northern War scenario. (Denmark-Norway, Sweden and Russia are already in). Perhaps that's the new civs and scenario for the next expansion pack? ;)

:)

The recording of Episode 147 this weekend is to include more pre-release coverage given the influx of new information since the recording of Episode 146.

:king:

Any time that there is a civilization that is included in a Civ title for the first time, yes there is surprise but not necessarily shock.

Top Bottom