Have Fun - Cheat Engine

Deep_Blue

Knight
Version 2.0 Changes:
Spoiler :

• Fixed a bug with Set Population and Change Population functions, where new added population can not work tiles in the city.
  • Reveal Map button is now always enabled, and can be used after changing seat with another AI.

Have Fun (V2)

This is a Cheat Engine Mod that allows you to do funny things in the game including taking control of AI civs (including City States). This mod could be useful for modders who want to test particular things in the game, and allows easier debugging and testing for mods in the game.

Features

This mod allows you to:
  • Take Control of any AI civ including City States.
  • Reveal Map.
  • Edit any Player in the game:
    • Add Gold.
    • Add Culture.
    • Add free Resources.
    • Add free units.
    • Adopt any Policy.
    • Learn any Technology.
    • Change city population.
    • Add buildings to cities.
    • Remove Buildings from cities.
  • Compatible with all mods (custom UI, no change to any lua or xml files).
those are the cheat options that came to my mind while making this mod if you have any requests for other cheating functions to add please tell me.

Screen shots:

Spoiler :
In game Cheat Engine button:

Main Screen:

In Main screen click "Take Seat" to switch with other AI, when you switch seats with an AI you cant click "Next Turn" until you switch back to original civ.

Edit Player Screen:

To Apply changes in Edit Screen click go button, when the change is successful a check mark appears to the left:

Download Link

-------------------
Notes
*Policies: When you Adopt a main Policy (That unlocks a branch) like Tradition using this cheat engine, the policy will be adopted and you will receive the bonuses from it but the Branch will stay visually locked in the game.
*Switch Seat: there are limitations and you cannot take full control of the AI see post#12.

Attachments

• HaveFunButton.jpg
    HaveFunButton.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 94,063
  • HaveFunScreen.jpg
    HaveFunScreen.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 103,767
  • HaveFunEdit.jpg
    HaveFunEdit.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 95,812
  • HaveFunChecks.jpg
    HaveFunChecks.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 99,883
AWESOME!! Although I don't generally use cheats, this allows me to mod a particular game to my liking without having to use ModBuddy (which I can't seem to download the required shell to use). Thanks for all the hard work.

MXX

AWESOME!! Although I don't generally use cheats, this allows me to mod a particular game to my liking without having to use ModBuddy (which I can't seem to download the required shell to use). Thanks for all the hard work.

MXX

Thanks. I initially made this for my own usage to make modding easier, but then I considered that this might be useful to others so I decided publish it after reworking its UI.

Any advantages to FireTuner?

By the way, I just had an idea: We could use the ChangeActivePlayer code to create a hotseat mod. I still remember the old days when one was made for Rome: Total War where you could also change the controlled faction via script, so this should be possible here.

Any advantages to FireTuner?

By the way, I just had an idea: We could use the ChangeActivePlayer code to create a hotseat mod. I still remember the old days when one was made for Rome: Total War where you could also change the controlled faction via script, so this should be possible here.

that's depend in what you want to do, the change seat is limited you can control everything but you cant proceed on next turn without switching back to original civ, also tech tree and policies are not updated for the switched civ but shows original civ settings.

Small issue: Reveal Map only works once and if you use it while in another seat, no dice.

Thought this might be interesting to spice up certain civs like playing the Ottomans starting with the +1 culture-per-city policy. However the culture counter seems to increment but doesn't indicate this until the first policy is actually chosen in game.

Thought this might be interesting to spice up certain civs like playing the Ottomans starting with the +1 culture-per-city policy. However the culture counter seems to increment but doesn't indicate this until the first policy is actually chosen in game.

When you Adopt a main Policy (That unlocks a branch) like Tradition the policy will be adopted and you will receive the bonuses from it but the Branch will stay visually locked in the game. also when u adopt a policy in locked branch it will be unlocked but the branch will stay locked.

Downloaded and Installed (Hooray!)
Tried the Mod (Wow!)
Takes seat as Kuala Lumpur (w00t!)
But...
Cannot control units, build stuff, adopt policy nor go to next turn!
What do?

Downloaded and Installed (Hooray!)
Tried the Mod (Wow!)
Takes seat as Kuala Lumpur (w00t!)
But...
Cannot control units, build stuff, adopt policy nor go to next turn!
What do?

Unfortunately the built-in function ChangActivePlayer do not allow you to take full control. I mainly use it to check info on the AI and to see inside cities.

What can you do with take seat:
- You can give movement order to units but they will move after you switch back to original civ and click next turn.
- View their cities
- Change Production
- Buy Buildings / Units in city screen
- Sell Buildings in city screen
- Manage citizens in city screen

All Edit functions (Add gold, resources, units....) work with AI players, and you can apply changes without switching.

Try fun things like adding units to AI. for example I started a nuclear war in 3600 BC :lol:

MXX

Ditto... I've never gotten ModBuddy to work and this helps fill the gap. I'd still like to get it to work though so I could make a mod of my own.

Unfortunately the built-in function ChangActivePlayer do not allow you to take full control. I mainly use it to check info on the AI and to see inside cities.

What can you do with take seat:
- You can give movement order to units but they will move after you switch back to original civ and click next turn.
- View their cities
- Change Production
- Buy Buildings / Units in city screen
- Sell Buildings in city screen
- Manage citizens in city screen

All Edit functions (Add gold, resources, units....) work with AI players, and you can apply changes without switching.

Try fun things like adding units to AI. for example I started a nuclear war in 3600 BC :lol:

:c5happy: turns to :c5unhappy: turns to :c5angry:
your mod needs work.

:c5happy: turns to :c5unhappy: turns to :c5angry:
your mod needs work.

you dont understand .. the limitation is not from modding side but from the SDK function ChangActivePlayer which is very limited by itself. I am sorry to tell you that there is no way to change this in a mod.. you will need the DLL to do that which is still not released yet.

you dont understand .. the limitation is not from modding side but from the SDK function ChangActivePlayer which is very limited by itself. I am sorry to tell you that there is no way to change this in a mod.. you will need the DLL to do that which is still not released yet.

ok, I'll wait...:crazyeye:

ok, I'll wait...:crazyeye:

hahah, thanks anyway for the mod...... now I'm pwning rival Warriors and Brutes alike with... A Giant. Death. Robot.

maybe it's not that bad after all.

waiting for full control update... :)

Yes, this is a good mod. Well done! :goodjob: It will be very useful for me

Hi, can someone walk me through how to add a resource with this mod? I select the resource from the drop-down menus and set quantity, press 'Go' and see a green checkmark, but I can't see where the resource is actually placed. Thanks! (Apologies if I'm making a silly mistake.)

Top Bottom