New Unit: Rocket Team (June 23, 2006)

utahjazz7

Deity
Here's my latest unit. I'm really happy with the way that it turned out. I hope you all will like it too. I think it's a fairly unique unit, so hopefully it can provide a little variety to your Civ-game. It's supposed to be a Chinese-esque unit, but I have absolutely no idea if the costume and what-not are authentic--just my best guesses. Well, enjoy.

Download.

wowee! my gosh, thats a fantastically animated unit! another lovely, and very unique unit Utah! your quality never ceases to amaze me!

Sweeeeeeeeeeet! I'll bet that launch tube gets hot after a few shots. :lol:

When I read the title 'Rocket Team' I didn't know what to expect. I almost thought it would be something from a circus or similar.:lol: I was very pleasantly surprised to see it wasn't. Unit looks great and is beautifully animated.:thumbsup:

utahjazz7...that is a "top shelf" Unit! Very well animated indeed. Love the way they seem to be trying to figure out what is wrong and the one guy throws his hands up as if to say "I don't know" just before the Rocket Blows up and Kills them:lol: Excellent Work :clap:

The Chinese Thank you for this Great Rocket Team...me too:)

I noticed that the units_32.pcx file had the wrong palette so I made another units_32 file for you if you want it. It is Civ Specific Colored.

Attachments

• RocketTeam_units_32.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 258
An interesting looking unit. :) It could work for an early artillery unit. Actually, it's not too inaccurate either. Chinese soldiers of the Song Dynasty used rockets launched from simple tubes. They weren't terribly accurate, but they had the double purpose of scaring Mongol or Tangut or Khitan horses as well as the potential causing some heavy damage (in the event that they actually hit the target! ;) ). The Mongols later came up with their own rockets (using Chinese technology, of course) and chucked those right back at the Chinese. :spear:

Sweet! When I saw the thread title, I was thinking something futuristic, but this is even better.

Wow that is a very unique unit another great job Utah though when I saw the title I saw hoping for an RPG team this still will make its way into my epic game. BTW are you planning on doing any more cavalry units like a native american one? I miss the chubby horse.

Cool! This is definetly going into the Playground Mod. Great Job! :goodjob:

Top Bottom