Civ 5 scrolling with dual monitors

Aecursis

Chieftain
I have a dual monitor setup and I'm having an issue with Civ5. The problem is that the mouse cursor will not remain constrained in the game, even when running in full screen. When I try to pan the camera to the right or move the cursor to the right edge, the mouse leaves the game and moves over to my desktop on the second monitor. Outside of being extremely annoying, this of course makes it impossible for me to move the camera without using hotkeys.

This is the only game that I have this issue with, so I highly doubt that it's an issue with my actual setup. Any ideas?

Same here, very annoying.
Like an error you would find in older games.

I however use the mouse button to scroll with now... but sometimes you wanna go edge crazy.

Yep, got the same problem.
I've looked around on the internetz and found MouseJail (google it). This supposedly works, but I read that games using Steam are a problem. Thus, it won't work with Civ 5. Could someone try it and confirm this?

Found solution:

The program Ultramon is great for a dual mon setup. It allows you to fiddle around a lot more than with standard graphics cards programs. In the case of Civ V I found a function which allowed me to link a hotkey to keeping the mouse in only one screen.

If you've got the means: buy it and support the developers.
If you don't: TPB.

I have a dual monitor setup and I have a problem where instead of scrolling the map on one side, my mouse just keeps moving to the other monitor. When I play Civ 5 I have to disable the 2nd monitor to avoid this.

I thought this might be a problem in all games but I recently purchased Starcraft 2 and I can scroll the map as if the other monitor isnt there.

Is there anyway to fix this problem in Civ 5?

Moderator Action: Threads merged, see above for a possible solution. The_J

I found another dual monitor program that is free so I am going to try it when I get home from work. It is called DisplayFusion. If anyone else has a chance, try it out and see if it solves the problem.

The list of changes for the upcoming Civ update (elsewhere on this site) explicitly mentions this as something being fixed.

Same problem here... I have this problem in the latest settlers game too.

Bump.

I'm still having the issue that the OP described.

Any word on a fix or a workaround other than purchasing UltraMon?

There's an option in your settings to restrict the mouse to the game window.

Top Bottom