Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

One more clarification.

CivIII_DYP_202x_xtras.exe. This file is for those who has PTW -mod Double Your Pleasure version 201x.

Grr..

Seems I'm missing the longboat unit file too, because the game crashes whenever I or an NPC builds one.

Help?

Yes just replace w/Longship (ie place contents of LS folder into LB folder and rename .ini) remove LB .ini first. This is a fix that does not use the grafics of LB but it works.

I downloaded and tried playing the mod but I've run into a problem. I started up a game as the Chinese but the population for my capital city capped at 2 and I wasn't able to expand any further.

Maybe there's just new mechanic with this mod that I'm missing, but I don't understand how I'm supposed to expand. It takes 3 food per citizen, and I had founded my city on a grassland, so my capital was making 2 food, and both my citizens were working grasslands making 2 food. So I'm working 6 food but also using 6 food per turn so my city is experiencing 0 growth and is capped at 2 citizens, and since it takes 2 citizens to make an Asian clan settler I don't see any possible way to grow or build anymore cities.

You have to built a hardy clan, that only costs 1 citizen. Food is something really rar at RaR before getting irrigation. Or you research techs like domestication that shows you new food ressources.

I think it's awesome that people are still playing this mod. It's nice to see the effort was well worth it. :)

It's one of the best Civ mods ever. We played it MP for ages and loved it. It made Civ worth playing. :)

So, thanks!

Good afternoon/afternoon analogue!

I love me some RaR from time to time, but one thing that breaks the immersion for me is the fact that the music plays completely out of period - the one same industrial era song plays, over and over again. No choice, no items, final destination. I realize most players have their own playlists, but I rather like the Civilization 3 music, and would love to see the music play as intended, era-by-era. How would I go fixing that, in the latest/last version? Thank you very much for your time and your patience. ;)

I think it's awesome that people are still playing this mod. It's nice to see the effort was well worth it. :)

Hi Kal-el, it´s great that you are still reading Civ 3 posts, so I can say a very big thank you very much to you and the DYP/RAR-team for this mod. :) In my eyes this mod is the most important mod ever done for Civ 3 and it had a very strong influence on my epic mod CCM.

:thanx:

Thank you so much, Moosezilla! Both for the welcome and the tips!... I probably should've checked there first, but for some reason I thought it was a RaR exclusive thing. My bad. ;) Anyway, thanks again!

Civinator, agreed wholeheartely. CCM? Mind providing a link for the curious? :D

Thank you so much, Moosezilla! Both for the welcome and the tips!... I probably should've checked there first, but for some reason I thought it was a RaR exclusive thing. My bad. ;) Anyway, thanks again!

Civinator, agreed wholeheartely. CCM? Mind providing a link for the curious? :D

Today, you only have to look in the "Civ3 - Completed Modpacks" of CFC three threads deeper to find that mod. :)

Fantastic - technology is truly an amazing thing. :) And given that I'm certain I've tried the usual ways to get music working - all the music before is in the Sounds/Build folder, properly named - and still get Industrial music for some odd reason, perhaps it will help my mind destress... It is strange though. It's almost like the RAR folder is reading everything but the Sounds/Build section.

I got the urge to play this mod recently, so I reinstalled CIII just for it. I don't think I've ever been to this subforum and seen this thread on the second page.

@jimkirk:there is a solution but I don't know exactly, do you get a message first? Custom is "file not Found" if so change out unit file for sword(s)man, or just rename file to match message.

Top Bottom