Gondor Unit Pack (22 May 2007)

Olorin0222

Maia
Well, here are my first humanoid units. They are a Gondorian swordsman and spearman unit, made specifically for LOTM. Major kudos to Curious Labs for offering Poser5 for free, Utahjazz7 for his amazing tutorial, and Plotinus for uploading some basic sword-swinging animations (without which the swordsman may not have been done).

Gondor Spearman:

Download Here

Gondor Swordsman:

Download Here

Dunedain Swordsman: - this is a recolor of Kinboat's Woodsman. I just colored the cloak gray to give him a Dunedainic feel. However, this unit could serve in any number of ways. Updated 5-23-2007 with a new civilopedia image

Download Here

Knight of Dol Amroth: Updated: 9 July 2007 - This unit comes both with and without civ colors. We needed a non-civ-specific version for LotM.

Download the civ-specific version

Download the no-civ-color version

Olorin0222... Congratulations on your 1st Humanoid Units. Very Good Work. I especially like the Shield movement in the Spearman Victory and you also made both Death animations look good with how they fall and their feet actions. :goodjob:

These are da-bomb... but not literally. They're still awesome. Something that might be different in gameplay, but I think the unit itself looks a tad to dark.

Cool!
(not to sound gimmie-like, but could you make an archer to go with these?)

"You're in the service of the Steward! You'll have to do what you're told, Peregrin Took, Guard of the Citadel..."
:D

Pretty good work, Stormy's right about the spearmen death, the swordsman death is good, what it is with the spearman is that the lower legs slip forward, as Stormy said, as if a carpet was being pulled out from under them. But still very useable, and those attacks do look fun.

:thumbsup:

Great first units Olorin.

Why not use Kinboat's Warder unit graphics for the Dunedain's pcx's? The legs may not be civcolor, but at least the cloak's not green. It seems to be a better trade off.

...but I think the unit itself looks a tad to dark.

I second that. The armor looks really good, but I always think of Gondor soldiers as 'gleaming'

I certainly wouldn't mind a matching archer ;)...

Definately. What ever you do next, I look forward to it.

Rifleman - Good call on the Civilopedia image. I have updated the download per your suggestion.

Cool!
(not to sound gimmie-like, but could you make an archer to go with these?)

I certainly wouldn't mind a matching archer ;)

It would be nice...now if someone would post a basic archer animation in the Poser Animation Library in my sig (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, R8XFT, Plotinus) :evil:

Top Bottom