Falklands War PBEM

Aha, I like that idea better. Though it puts even more pressure on Argentina, so you'll have to test some more...

I found it odd that Darius was sending over a fortress though. I thought of doing that but I figured it would be against the rules...

I like the idea in principle, and perhaps just a house rule of no transporting the fortresses should work.

San Carlos bribed. Hey if there isn't a ban yet I can do whatever I want. :D

:o

Wow, now you just violated what you said was against your policy. And following in your Insurrection Policy, I quit. I can't win if you can just simply buy the entire fleet.

Lol, I just wanted to see your reaction, here's the turn without bribing. :)

I still don't like your joke, because thanks to your bribing, you know exactly what I have in San Carlos.

Sunk another transport. Harriers are growing more scarce, need time to refit them.

Ah lighten up, when you're in a completely pointless game you want to just screw around. Not like it made any difference...

Sunk some Argentinian ships and planes.

Rejuvenated Sheffield arrives to help blockade the Argentinian cities. May her crew remain loyal to Britannia. :)

Another turn of my bomber crews watching British ships... :rolleyes:

You did a little more than that, you sunk some Harriers. Nevertheless, it is too late. :D

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

Port Howard, Fox Bay Captured. Britain Will Now Accept Surrender

Reinforced by land troops from England finally arriving en theatre without being blown up, and the arrival of Royal Navy destroyers and the cruiser Sheffield, the Defense Ministry today announced that the offensive has been renewed, with quick results against what was apparently an overestimated enemy.

The Sheffield commenced shore bombardments on Port Howard without even running into so much as a coastal fortresses firing back. Aided by a destroyer and assult by Royal Marines, the city was taken, in an effort considered by the Defense Ministry as almost too easy. No air bombardment was needed.

Fox Bay fell even quicker. Two airstrikes by Harriers, and helicoptered troops easily secured the city.

Bombers found in the northern hills of the eastern Falklands. Destroyed, but why were they there> Do the Argentinians have one last secret plan?

In the meanwhile, joyous English troops celebrate :beer:

ooc: I am amazed at how easy it was to take Port Howard. I kept on waiting because I wanted the scorpions and marines of my last transports for the ground offensive, rather than have it be solely airpower. But it looks like I should have just used Vulcans and Harriers and then taken the city with helicopters.
After taken Port Howard, I was encouraged for a helicopter and harrier assault on Fox Bay.

Guess it's time to reveal a secret I learned midgame. Instead of leaving weak harriers exposed, have them launch airstrikes while on a sea square. Then send Invincible to pick them up and ferry them back to the safety of San Carlos.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
I love this heading!!!!!! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Well, i think this is over. no reason to go on playing.
I´ll obviously improve argentine air force and exocets. This isn´t real. It wasn´t that easy for england.

Pinkygen:
Would you like to play another falklands PBEM? after 2 victories, i assume you know this scenario pretty well; the pros and cons of both sides.
I´ll ask Ohwell about it. It seems that Mordheim has vanished, so i´d like to give Ohwell another chance to play the game.

Hmm, I had about ten veteran destroyers on their way to the islands too, but I guess this over, thank god.

Sir, our air forces have spotted the destroyers. Good, sink them, he can't have any nearby fighters anyhow. :D

Top Bottom