Diplo Music

CrashAriMP5N2O

Chieftain
I'm having issues about the music that plays when conducting diplomacy with certain civs, particularly with civs that belong to the Mediterranean culture group. The peacetime music doesn't play in the industrial and modern eras. I'm guessing it will also be true for the wartime from what I hypothesize with the finding below.

I opened up the Diplomusic folder under Sounds and I'm thinking I'm missing a couple or so files. All of these files start with "Dip" followed by "AS", "EC", "EU", "GR", "ME", and "NA" (they may be referring to the culture groups). Then they are preceded by "Early" or "Late" and finally "Peace" or "War". One such file would be "DipASEarlyPeace".

Of the 2nd part of the name, "EC" and "GR" only have early peace and early war. "EU" only has late peace and late war. I'm guessing EC and EU belong to the same set because I recall seeing them as related in another Civ3 mechanics. So as far as that is concerned, it's a complete set (I verified this by listening to the files).

When I played these files to see which of the subgroups is relevant to my problem, I determined that GR is the one that plays for the Mediterranean culture group. I maybe missing the GR late peace and GR late war files.

Can someone help me verify if such is the case? Thanks a bunch.

My Civ3 diplomusic folder contains just this:

Diplomusic.jpg

From what you've shown, I have everything. It's still baffling why the diplo music doesn't play with Egyptians, Romans, Greece, or any other Mediterranean civ when I'm at Industrial and Modern times. It's like they're lacking the diplo music for those eras. It would be nice to know which file manages the execution of playing music files and edit that instead. Maybe there's a pathing error, omitting the Med. civs to play their diplo music?

Top Bottom