PolyCast Episode 171: "Straight Line to Victory Sideways"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Getting turned around and back again. The one-hundred-and-seventy-first episode of PolyCast, "Straight Line to Victory Sideways", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with first-time guest co-host Alex "GaelicWarrior" with a runtime of 59m59s. The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m18s | News (Part 1 of 6)
From a livestream from Civilization V publisher 2K Games about the upcoming release of its Brave New World expansion: on the multiplayer front, sustaining a lack of random events, taking into account community feedback and the dual measures of humour and bane in lag.
- 09m32s | News (Part 2 of 6)
Further from the stream, concerns over balance of content and mechanics currently in CivV, the re-introduction of airlifting into the series, further to Tourism's impact on the game's culture and giving diplomacy a logic boost.
- 19m01s | News (Part 3 of 6)
Concluding an examination of said stream, the connection between happiness and city flipping and combating these effects with new Great People.
- 24m10s | News (Part 4 of 6)
Courtesy one person's compilation efforts on their Civilization V fansite, further new and expanded BNW expansion details.
- 29m37s | News (Part 5 of 6)
CivV developer Firaxis Games reacts to the popularity of Civ expansion packs over Downloadable Content (DLC) within the game's community while identifying different factors leading to this widely held position.
- 40m08s | News (Part 6 of 6)
Current CivV Lead Designer Ed Beach responds to predecessor Jon Shafer's criticisms and where those arguments, and the communication of them, leaves understanding greatly lacking.
- 45m17s | Miscellaneous
A past show guest's appearance on another podcast that pitted the Civilization series against other nominated titles for "Best Video Game".

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Locking horns over the value of an English Unique Unit over the Chinese one, committing one panelist to a new initiative on their behalf and concluding with grace.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; listeners are encouraged to follow the show on Twitter, and check out the YouTube channel for caption capability. Sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

This is the first I've heard of the video, so I just watched it. It's probably been hashed out to death already, but I think it's pretty exciting that a culture win no longer requires growing tall. Wide can win that way too!

This is the first I've heard of the video, so I just watched it. It's probably been hashed out to death already, but I think it's pretty exciting that a culture win no longer requires growing tall. Wide can win that way too!
Glad to have been able to make you aware of the video and the new information within. :) Hope you enjoyed the show!

Top Bottom