The Lost Civilization of Ancient Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahovking

Cyber Nations
Quote:
The Lost Civilization of Ancient Australia

Scatter across Australia stand engmatic relics of a bygone civiliization: megalithic stone alignments, walls and other structures; pyramid-shaped mountains once utilized as astronomical observatories; serpent altars where unknown rites were preformed; and mystery rock inscriptions of a long-vanished people.

Who were they? What are the origins of the 'lost civilization of Australia'?
I first became aware of this mystery race in january 1965 when, while exploring dense scrubland west of Sydney at an upper Blue Mountains site overlooking a valley, I came upon a 50-foot-tall pyramidal sandstone mound composed of rubble, formed from a huge rock in ages past.

At it's base I found two stone slabs forming steps on the western side of the mound and, above these, other collapsed slabs that appeared to have once formed more steps to the summit.

Upon reaching the summit, I found myself standing on a flat sandstone base facing east overlooking the valley.

Before me stood a large formation - a continuation of the same sandstone base rock - whose flat surface, I found to my suprise upon closer examination, had been carved out in the form of a serpent.

Later I returned to measure the structure. The rock was undoubtedly an alter stone, 5 feet 8 inches long, by 2 feet 4 inches wide, by 4 feet high. It faced north-south in a curved formation, with a groove representing the serpent's mouth at it's northerb (head) end pointing east.

Beside the altar on it's northern side stood a large boulder, also four feet in height, upon which was a long, deep groove obviously used for sharpening a stone knife. Had scrifices, human or animal, once been preformed upon this altar? I later measured the mound's base at 350 feet in circumference.

Upon searching other nearby rocks, I soon found another 'serpent alter' amid bushes some yards to the west. It was part of al arge sandstone block standing 10 feet tall on an east-west axis. The sepent, carved in relief, measured 13 feet 5 inches in length by one foot wide at the head; the body then measuring from 6 inches out to 14 inches as it enlarged in width toward a rounded end.

Further west still, I later discovered another altar stone - a 10-foot-tall rock whose summit bore the weathered relief carving an eagle, 4 feet 6 inches long by 3 feet 6 inches wide across it's single outstetched left wing , facing north as did the bird's beak.

The figure was on an east-west axis. A much larger 'eagle altar' came to light in 1974 at another upper Blue Mountains location, reached by climbing a 20-foot-tall rock. The bird measures 5 feet 10 inches in length from head to tail, it's beak and outstreched right wing facing south.

A small slab of rock at the monument's base contained the deep, weathered carving of an open-mouthed serpent.

A number of other serpent and eagle altar site were to come to light across the Blue Mountains over the years following the 1974 eagle altar find.

However, it was the 1965 serpent altars discovery that first led me to speculate that here was evidence of a hitherto unknown Australian Lost Civilization.

In March 1969, at another Blue Mountains location, I stumbled upon a tall pillar-like rock standing 50 feet tall on a cliff edge overlooking the Jameison Valley. Upon climbing it, I found engraved in the flat ironstone summit a number of small symbols. They were not Aboriginal figures and appeared to be some form of hieroglyphic script.

Later, in January 1973, I found the symbol of a flower engraved upon a small square ironstone slab at Blackheath. This new find led my wife Heather and me to undertake an all-out search for further examples of this mystery script - a search which continues to this day.

1973 saw us uncover more extinsive lettering sites at other locations across the Blue Mountains, while in 1974 we found other symbols near Gosford, north of Sydney. The 1970's and 1980's would see us locate a great number of these symbols at numerous aites across New South Wales and also in southern and far northern Queensland where another set was discovered near Rockhampton in 1992. By 1974 we had gathered enough script examples to relize these formed the written language of this vanished race of serpent/eagle worshippers.

This led me to attempt the translation of the many inscriptions, which consist of a mixture of symbols, strokes and dots, somewhat reminiscent of Middle Eastern and Celtic scripts.

What has emerged from our joint Australia-wide investigation since 1973 is far too voluminous to be adequately covered in this chapter so I am able only to present the barest out line. The mass of evidence gathered to date suggests that, thousands of years before the rise of the better-known civilizations of the Near and Middle East, Australia was home to a highly advanced race of megalith-building people who were in possession of a written language. Let us now examine more of this evidence. scattered around Sydney's western subirbs were (or still are) often large, man-made earthen mounds and even hills whose outlines, when mapped, appear to resemble the outlines of serpents, other animals and even circles.

Such formations have been reported to me Australia-wide and are reminiscent of similar structures found across Europe and Asia. Traces of a lost civilization lie scattered thoughout the world.

With the notable exeption of Atlantis, fragmentary remains of unknown civilizations of the past have come to light in the most surpising places. For example, Atlantis is by no means the only "Submerged" civilization.

Underwater ruins of ancient cities have been located off the Bay of Bengal, the north coast of Papua New Guinea, Torres Stait, the Cook Islands, off Tonga, New Zealand's north Island, and also Australia. And then there are the enigmatic remains on Easter Island with mysterious roads that lead out to the sea, presumably to now submerged cities of a much larger prediluvian land mass.

The whole Polynesian race, extending from Hawaii to new Zealand, preserves traditions of the "great land to the south" which, to the Maoris, was located directly to the west of New Zealand and which, they said, was inhabited by a race of people who built in stone and were expert astronomers.

Could you provide a link for that please? :)

Sydney's western subirbs
I find it hard to trust any supposed academic who can't spell suburbs nor use a spell checker.

I'm assuming the OP copy/pasted the text though. If it's taken from an OCR copy it may be an unfair complaint on my part.
Spelling of alter and altar seems to be inconsistent as well.

Don't see any evidence yet not to label this a crackpot idea, as Wolle68 so aptly pointed out. :)
It's a case where the evidence is probably easy to fabricate (i.e. fraud) and since it looks like this guy's trying to sell a book, one has to wonder...

Overall, all I can say is :lol: I also wonder why Ahovking is even bringing it up?

I find it hard to trust any supposed academic who can't spell suburbs nor use a spell checker.

Can't disagree with that: shocking spelling throughout. This is relevant because if the author lacks the minimal care and attention to detail required to get the very first word in the article right, it doesn't bode well for his ability as a meticulous researcher, does it?

Well, at least it doesn't claim that Celts made it to Australia thus retroactively disenfranchising Aboriginals of any claim to their land like this douche did for Maori.

Ah, Rex Gilroy. Apparently a good friend of my Grandmother. Comes over to New Zealand every now and then to hunt for moas. Writes a lot of strange books.

I'd rate his 'scholarship' below:
-David Irving (Holocaust Denial, well sourced but with manipulated and fabricated sources),
-Gavin Menzies (1421, cherry picking sources, and then getting those sources wrong and misrepresenting them in order to sell books)

Rex Gilroy just walks around declaring things to be ancient megaliths, anything that looks like a footprints is a footprint to him.

All three go on about the 'Orthodox academic conspiracy' against them. Anyone who believes that phrase is an imbecile

CMKMStephens said:
Rex Gilroy just walks around declaring things to be ancient megaliths, anything that looks like a footprints is a footprint to him.

That's mostly harmless unlike Nazi-apologist-Irving and Maori-are-Chinese-rape-babies-Menzies. Besides, it seems like he doesn't draw any conclusions that might describe as distasteful -- like Maoris-are-not-the-original-inhabitants-of-New-Zealand-Celts-are-ergo-Maori-are-genocidal maniacs-who-have-less-right-to-be-here-that-us-Martin-Doutré-links-to-Neo-Nazis. -- even if they are wrong.

To be fair, Nazi-Apologist-Irving did produce at least some academically reliable scholarship.

The whole Polynesian race, extending from Hawaii to new Zealand, preserves traditions of the "great land to the south" which, to the Maoris, was located directly to the west of New Zealand and which, they said, was inhabited by a race of people who built in stone and were expert astronomers.[/COLOR]

I'm sure that is Zheng He's doing.

ParkCungHee said:
To be fair, Nazi-Apologist-Irving did produce at least some academically reliable scholarship.

I prefer the dude who's and out and crackpot to the guy dressing up ideology in the veneer of historical rigor.

Oh, I'm not talking about that. That is certainly worse. But Irving knows how to put on the veneer because he knows how to actually use historical rigor. A few of his early stuff still holds up, mainly because it was limited to Biographies.

I think Central American "balls" are more impressive. Not sure if those are really megaliths.

The aussies are prolly just trying to copy the americans in fooling others they have a history. :D

The aussies are prolly just trying to copy the americans in fooling others they have a history. :D

Nah, this guy is just an idiot. We know that there weren't any civilisations to kill when Australia was settled. If you go through the Northern Territory, it's pretty obvious that there was never any intelligent life living here before European settlement.

There's little in the way of intelligent life living in Australia to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom