Classic 33?

Qpdaj

Warlord
I know for me personally the first half of this month has absolutely FLOWN by; I finished and submitted my Classic 32 game yesterday (the first chance I'd had in weeks) before I realized what the date was...

So, since Classic 33 isn't out yet, is my submission good? ;)

Qpdaj said:
I know for me personally the first half of this month has absolutely FLOWN by; I finished and submitted my Classic 32 game yesterday (the first chance I'd had in weeks) before I realized what the date was...

So, since Classic 33 isn't out yet, is my submission good? ;)
The submissions form has a life all of its own now, untouched by human hand ;) Ainwood tells it when it can accept submissions and when to stop when he creates each game. When GOTM32 submissions are no longer allowed you will be told so when you try to upload them. The upload page also states what games are being accepted at any time.

If the date arithmetic in my code is right (no guarantees :D ) then GOTM 32 should be open until about 12:00 noon on 16th July, GMT. I say "about" because (a) the server clock is not synchronised to anything except maybe Thunderfall's kitchen egg timer, and (b) the PHP and MySql specs are a bit obscure abut how they handle daylight saving time.

(a) the server clock is not synchronised to anything except maybe Thunderfall's kitchen egg timer

Seems to be whatever timezone you set it to, minus 20 minutes. Assuming you set the timezone correctly(when I first joined, and for about a year afterward, I had it set at GMT+5 instead of GMT-5...and I wondered why everything was 9 hours and 40 minutes off....)

And I think we're just about due for a Spec thread, aren't we?

It's the 11th, and GOTM33 is due soon, right? And no pre-game thread? Hmm.

Neil. :cool:

I've been waiting patiently for the handout, too.

SirPleb said:
You should be a very proud father!
Thanks SirPleb, I am rather. It was a totally selfish act, however, as it's the only way I can arrange for Ainwood to do all the work of getting the game into play so that I don't see any spoiler info - Jason factors and such. Now I hope I'll be able to play the Classic game for real this month and give Sam a run for his money ;) Or not!

I think we're about due having a stab at controlling the Germans or the Zulus aren't we? I don't remember playing either of those recently.

That's my wild guesses for GOTM#33.

Top Bottom