Unable to assemble space ship - CIV 5

s5669111

Chieftain
I apologize if there is another thread but I am not able to find an answer for my issue.

I have completed all 6 space ship components but when I send any of them into my capital there is no option to build only Move Mode, Do Nothing, Sleep or Delete the Unit.

Suggestions?

There should be a command to attach the ship to the space ship on the top of the "command queque".

Spoiler :

You see the grey icon above the moving command (Pic above)? You should be able to press it when the part of the spaceship is in the city where you built apollo program. If you can't, I think its a bug :(

do you have any other non-military units in the capitol (worker, settler, GL, etc)? if so, move them out of capital and see if that fixes problem. if not, post a save game and we'll figure it out for you.

to post a save game hit reply and "go advanced", at the very bottom there will be a button to click to add a civ-related file.

I always have to move a worker on autopilot out of the capital..its a drag if you're just passing time awaiting victory- if you're involved in a race against time (another civ on a space race) dump anything lodging in the city at least two moves before your spaceship parts hit the city. A very annoying bug - at least I hope its a bug, design wise it makes no sense.:confused:

I have attached the save game and a screen shot w/o the icon referenced by Tokira.

Attachments

• Darius I_0485 AD-2042-.Civ5Save
    912.5 KB · Views: 2,126
  • Darius_2042.JPG
    Darius_2042.JPG
    269 KB · Views: 24,792
move the spaceship parts onto the capital one at a time and the "add to spaceship icon" will appear. click the button, it will auto-launch immediately.

After loading the save, the most probable cause is that you've built UN and the voting took place already with 14 for YOU while only 10 were necessary... Right?
Once ONE victory has been achieved all others can't be reached; Wait, just one more turn has its flaws. ;)

lol!!!! I didn't even think of that, yeah, you can't build a spaceship after winning via another method. if you want to keep playing disband the spaceship parts to reduce maintenance.

oh, and you had to go to the end game screen after your UN victory and click "one more turn" to keep playing, how did you not recognize that as the end of the game? well, other than the fact that there is no replay/etc like we've seen in all previous civs...

wow, 2500 bpt is pretty impressive...

After loading the save, the most probable cause is that you've built UN and the voting took place already with 14 for YOU while only 10 were necessary... Right?
Once ONE victory has been achieved all others can't be reached; Wait, just one more turn has its flaws. ;)

I won with diplo and military in one game now im trying to do science but someone else is aswell can they still win even if i cant (again)?

I won with diplo and military in one game now im trying to do science but someone else is aswell can they still win even if i cant (again)?

no, the first victory by any civ, is the "true victory" of the game. Even if you can conquer enemy capitals "one more turn..." after winning first victory. This applies, if all victroy conditions are enabled normally in the beginning of othe game. Score victory, it gives victory automatically to the civ, which has most score (who is score leader) at a certain point in turns, in the game, usually it's quite late game though.

If you were to win score victory (your victory screen is a cool postage stamp!), then that means that at the same time, NO other civ, has been able to win at the same time thru culture, space, dom, diplo. In cases such as these, score victory is awarded to the score leader after certain turns in the late game.

If you quit the game, after you win space victory, you can see that there is no longer the "retire" button in game menu (normally, if you retire from game, you will be defeated from that game, but the option is unavailable at that point after space victory is achieved.)

Bug or feature?

I was playing for the sole purpose of achieving the Accomplishment "As Poland, win a Space Victory." After one attempt in which, on the verge of accomplishing just that, I won a Cultural victory, I played again, this time disabling all victory conditions other than Scientific (Space Victory).

This second time I was able to add my first Spaceship part. But the next time I built a part it wouldn't add; i.e. the option of adding the part did not appear. In the interim however, I had conquered all other capitals; so, had it not been disabled, I would have won a Domination victory. But it was disabled, and no such victory had been declared.

My theory is that achieving even a disabled victory condition is enough to eliminate the option of adding a Spaceship part. Does anyone have any further evidence of this, or contradictory evidence?

Top Bottom