DirectX 11 won't open?

apharing

Chieftain
Hi guys, this is my first post. I have been playing civ 3 for years, and today i got civ V. I am running it on a windows 7 computer, with a directX 11 graphic card. The game wont let me open the DirectX 11 version. In the window that comes up and asks which game to open , I cant click on the DirectX 11 version, the words are kind of jumbled looking and are not a linke. Anyone else having this problem? its very frustrating

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, it is on windows 7, and i believe my drivers are up to date. how would i check this?

For the drivers...the easiest thing is just to go the the website of the graphics card manufacturer and get the newest one.
If you have an ATI card, Steam itself can update the driver.

We can find out, what driver you have, if you hit Ctrl+R, type in dxdiag, save the file and attach it here. This file will contain your system specs, then we can find it out, but ou could just try to install the newest one.

:think: might be worth to put later some links into the forum.

Thanks, I figured it out with the help of someone elses post. Steam thought that I was running vista, so i had to change the compatibility mode. now i can click on the link, but civ V crashes

Ok I know this thread is not new but it often comes up when searching this topic. Most of the fixes that are usually posted do not work.

What much of this stems from is a missing dll file that you are not notified of when selecting DirectX 11 from the launch menu. I created a shortcut for directx11 and when i clicked that I got the error.

Anyway you can try all of the other trouble shooting methods they can't hurt but I will add a new fix.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Download and reinstall directx from this link. Do this first imo as it will replace the missing dll. Then if this doesn't work try the other fixes.

gl:)

Top Bottom