Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

zappara

Mod Designer
Please post bug reports and feedback from v2.9 to this thread.

About bug reporting:

1. If you find bug in the mod try to describe it in detail when you post about it. This helps me to locate it more accurately and faster.
2. About missing UI problem: Please post what Windows type and language version you are using. Also tell which one you are using, Beyond the Sword or complete Edition.
3. CTDs ie. Crashs To Desktop, try to provide as much information as possible what happened just before it occurred. Even better if you can upload save game file so I can take a look at it. If you are experiencing CTDs in late game, try reducing graphic settings, BtS is known to have crashes when saved games get big and when there's lots of stuff in late game - most common reason for CTD is that Civ 4 can't find enough free memory.
4. Some Civ4 Map scripts can not make maps for Giant or Gigantic map sizes.

BtS log files

To speed up finding possible causes for bugs, you can enable logging in BtS and attach zipped log files in this thread when you post about your findings.

To enable logging go to BtS folder and open Civ4Config. Check following options to these settings:

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

Now when you start game, it logs everything to log files. When you exit the game, go to BtS folder, there should be Civ4logs, go there. Zip the log files in that folder and attach the zip file in your post so I can take a look at those files.

Known issues

* If resource display is enabled and you reload the game, regenerate map or just alt+tab from fullscreen and back, the resource display gets bugged. Haven't figured what causes the bug.

Zappara, this isn't a big thing, but I was getting some weird results graphically with storms, is there a way to turn them off? This is with a fresh install of RoM 2.9, playing Planet Generator 0.68 on a giant map, and I don't have high graphics turned on, I might try that.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 2,100
This may be Goody Hut result or a bug in 31 civs GEM map...

Anyway, I sent my Chinese warrior to explode in the first turn and settled down a city and built what I needed to. I grabbed a tech to start off. Then I hit End Turn.

Guess what? By the time next turn came around, my minimap expanded to included a tiny island of non-fogged land about ten or so tiles Southwest away. Was that a Goody Hut that my warrior stumbled into when I sent it to explore or is this a bug?

Otherwise, a superb new version so far...

I am still playing Version 2.81 but I am noticing a wierd behavior, and I see no change in 2.9 that might fix it.

My workers on auto seem to be building light industry on all resource nodes, and then after it is built, replacing that light industry with the improvement needed to collect that resource again. And endlessly repeating those two actions back and forth.

Each time I start a game after a few turns the citizens in my capital get angry, angrier than they should be.

I took a look at my city screen and it appears that I have a biological warfare lab in my capital which is a bit odd, so I get a -2 happiness penalty for "some buildings are making us angry."

Sorry, I didn't have logging turned on.

Trying another game, on turn 84 I suddenly have an islamic mosque registering in my capital, causing 1 unhappiness. Well, it shows in the unhappiness list in the city view but not as a building. My other city now has a palace, a stele and an islamic mosque registering in the happiness/unhappiness tooltip in the city view!

Weirdddddddddd

Attachments

• Biological Warfare Lab.jpg
    Biological Warfare Lab.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 1,676
I am still playing Version 2.81 but I am noticing a wierd behavior, and I see no change in 2.9 that might fix it.

My workers on auto seem to be building light industry on all resource nodes, and then after it is built, replacing that light industry with the improvement needed to collect that resource again. And endlessly repeating those two actions back and forth.
Better BtS AI team is looking at Worker AI problems and they're trying to improve it. I've noticed these wierd behaviors too and there isn't much that I can do myself since all that logic is in the SDK. So let's hope Better BtS AI improves workers in future patches. :)

I am getting the fishing boats built event when there are none to build.
Can you tell the exact message that appears on screen when this event triggers? I think there's several fishing boat events and I need to know which one it is so that I can take a look at it.

This may be Goody Hut result or a bug in 31 civs GEM map...

Anyway, I sent my Chinese warrior to explode in the first turn and settled down a city and built what I needed to. I grabbed a tech to start off. Then I hit End Turn.

Guess what? By the time next turn came around, my minimap expanded to included a tiny island of non-fogged land about ten or so tiles Southwest away. Was that a Goody Hut that my warrior stumbled into when I sent it to explore or is this a bug?

Otherwise, a superb new version so far...
Don't know why that happened - perhaps the new city met an elder seafarer who told about the distant lands :lol: Anyway, could be a bug or a goody hut revealed that land...

There are some bugs I just discovered:

1.The city dot map could not work well. After pressed down Ctrl+X and Alt+X, the dot map overlay could not move with the mouse.
2.New resources panel has a wrong layout. The background box and icons are not in the correct position.

Have errors from time to time with probably new events - 'Error in cityGrowth event handler <bound method BugEventManager.onCityGrowth of <BugEventManager.BugEventManager instance at 0x0F7675F8>> and others, afair with culture expand also. This is latest 2.9 version.

Hi.

I load up BTS, go to load a mod, and click on your mod. It goes out of BTS, the windows mouse pointer timer appears for 30 seconds or so, then i get a windows message telling me that BTS has stopped working.

Ive just installed your new version, and this also happens with history in the making. I have put them in the right folder. I realise that it looks like i must have done something ******ed myself (I installed them both at the same time) but i cannot think what. I have recently installed total realism for warlords and it works just fine.

In this save, the game will immedeately crash if I captule Delhi.
It will also crash at the end of the next turn if I settle a city.
If I delete one of my cities via worldbuilder, I can capture and found.

After I switched my civics (I think it was in the health department, but I am not completely sure) I could play on without any further problems.

This was with unpatched 2.9 and no modmods.

Link to the save:

www.zorns-kleine-farm.de/Zeug/Zorn.CivBeyondSwordSave

Just downloaded 2.9 and when I play and meet a new Civilization, there is no text. Usually there is the make peace, declar war selection but I don't get that - just a blank box showing the leader. I have to escape to get out of it. After I've met everyone and try to do a trade by selecting a leader, there is no text again - I can't do anything with any other Civilization. This turns into a problem when I declare war as after I take a city and want peace and contact this leader there are no options. Unsure what to do. Playing on a laptop with XP - version 2.81 worked just fine...

Play with Choose Religion & Limited Religions options.
I found religion but no one else (10 civs, immortal).

Just downloaded 2.9 and when I play and meet a new Civilization, there is no text. Usually there is the make peace, declar war selection but I don't get that - just a blank box showing the leader. I have to escape to get out of it. After I've met everyone and try to do a trade by selecting a leader, there is no text again - I can't do anything with any other Civilization. This turns into a problem when I declare war as after I take a city and want peace and contact this leader there are no options. Unsure what to do. Playing on a laptop with XP - version 2.81 worked just fine...
That was a bug in the beta - are you sure you've made an absolutely clean install of 2.9 FINAL and not the beta?

Play with Choose Religion & Limited Religions options.
I found religion but no one else (10 civs, immortal).
Seems so. I just tested RevDCM 2.71 and it has the same bug. I thought they had fixed this bug since I reported it to their bug reports thread when RevDCM 2.7 was in pre-release phase (and RoM in beta phase) but seems that the fix wasn't complete. We'll have to wait and see when the fix is available so that I can add it then to RoM... meanwhile you'll have to play without 'Limited Religions' option. I think the Choose Religion option should work since that one is in the SDK. Limited Religions is made with python.

Hi.

I load up BTS, go to load a mod, and click on your mod. It goes out of BTS, the windows mouse pointer timer appears for 30 seconds or so, then i get a windows message telling me that BTS has stopped working.

Ive just installed your new version, and this also happens with history in the making. I have put them in the right folder. I realise that it looks like i must have done something ******ed myself (I installed them both at the same time) but i cannot think what. I have recently installed total realism for warlords and it works just fine.

Ok, i see what happened now - the auto updater went through the process, but infact didnt update it to 3.19. Ive been round and round the houses about it but no joy so ill have to play your older version of this mod, as i used too, untill i install windows 7 (And therefore sort out my install once and for all)

Thanks for doing a great mod.

Ok, i see what happened now - the auto updater went through the process, but infact didnt update it to 3.19. Ive been round and round the houses about it but no joy so ill have to play your older version of this mod, as i used too, untill i install windows 7 (And therefore sort out my install once and for all)

Thanks for doing a great mod.

i had the same problem i just went to google and searched for the 3.19 patch and was able to download and install it that way

I'm getting the wrong icons for happiness, health, etc. Makes it near impossible to figure out what is going on in my cities.

I'm getting the wrong icons for happiness, health, etc. Makes it near impossible to figure out what is going on in my cities.
I got it too
And strength icon is messed up with delighted icon:lol:

Top Bottom