Download, installation instructions & troubleshooting

yes, AFAIK you can't use DLL mods on mac.

I've left a download link to the latest mac compatible version in the direct download post (#3 of the current thread)

Use this thread to ask questions about all problems during installation.

But for crashes occurring during the game, please use the Bug Reports section.

Hey, me and my friend are working to get this mod on our Macs. We have the beta version that you said was the last compatible mac version, and we have the data files for v2 and v3 (Neither worked)

We get error messages when Loading the mod telling us that it can't load textures, and they were similar to the ones we got while trying to use the later version of the mod (not the beta version that you specified for macs in this thread)

after ticking mods and trying to load them

"Un-able to load texture [ww2UnitAtlas64.dds]"
"Un-able to load texture [Background_2.dds]"
"Un-able to load texture [RED_WWII_Logo.dds]"

Then we get a spinning beach ball (loading pointer)

We are able to go select scenario and we've tried all of them.

then we get these error messages:
Un-able to load texture [Stalingrad.dds] (Only For Stalingrad)
Un-able to load texture [Earth_1936.dds] (Only for Earth - WWII - July 1936)
Un-able to load texture [ww2UnitAtlas64.dds] (Comes up on every scenario)

then we can toggle options and click start game

It comes up saying "Data files not found"

and that's all we can do.

Any help would be great

Ok, downloaded the new WWII R.E.D. files last night, took a gander in game at the 1936 game briefly but didn't actually play, returned today and i'm getting this "inactive DLL files" message that locks the load screen. I deleted local content, reinstalled everything, and it's the same thing.

Whats up with that error message? Im not a nub at troubleshooting, but i've got all of the assets in place, and it did originally work, so i'm wondering why it's stopped working

where did you copy the DLL file ?

We've sorted it now, we just needed to use V4 of the data files. A bit tricky to find :p

We've sorted it now, we just needed to use V4 of the data files. A bit tricky to find :p

I have the same issue...

Nevermind I just had to use some reading comprehension and realize that you need the latest DATA files as well as the MOD files and enable them both (at first I that it only applied to the DLL version...), don't worry the instructions aren't ambiguous, sometimes we just get so used to "click click, next next, finish" we forget how to read.

i did a system restore to last week before any of this updated, repeated the process and it all works. really excited to play a japan 1936 earth game here this weekend during this stupid blizzard lol

The North America/Europe map keeps crashing, its saying there is a problem with civ 5, i have cleared my cache folder, tried reloading the last save and even removed and reinstalled the game however it still crashes around turn 5 or 6. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Do not use maps in alpha/beta state unless you want to test them.

Problem #1
Hello, when I download all for of the WWII mods, three of the mods work, accept the data files mod, I have looked in the MODS section on CIV 5 in my documents, but it was not there.
Problem #2
Also, when it did work (once ) it would transfer, it just was at the top of the screen and it said transfering, and then I deleted it and redownloaded it, then I had problem #1.
I have tried everything you said, but alias. Thanks in advance if you answer.

P.S. I have a Windows 7 computer and 64 bit OS

which version of civilization ?

I've downloaded and followed instructions, putting the two files into the MODS folder etc etc it extracts the files, but when I click enable for the two required mods and click "next" it loads for a bit then crashes with the message "Civilization V has stopped working Windows is searching for a problem" then you have to close it.

PS: If it helps, I'm using Edition v. 37 and Data Files v. 4, the most recent versions as of the day I posted this.

and same question as above: which version of civilization 5 ?

Ah now I realize, I have Gods and Kings but apparently it's 1.0.1.674, sorry for my carelessness :spank:.

So which versions for each mod part would I download if I were to keep using 1.0.1.674?

v.31 beta4 (link is in 4th post of this thread)

You can use data v.4 with it.

But you will miss some features...

Working great so far! Stunning to see something that actually historically makes sense in Civ

Question though, is there a way to reduce the immense amount of turn waiting time, other than just reducing graphics? I use 8GB of RAM and 1.73GHz dual core processor, if that helps - my regular games with pretty big maps and high civs run fine, but this mod is an exception :/

Top Bottom