Civ V Mac Multiplayer

My steam id is Tokyochojin. I'm a newbie to the game and am in Japan so if anyone fancies a lower level game, or learning the game together, i'm in!

I'm running a Macbook Pro (2,4 ghz, 4gb RAM, Geforce 320m).

Hey guys, add Skwink The MAverick if you want. Idk how well my Macbook will do on multiplayer, it barely does well on SP.

Hi Guys,

Hope this is the right place to post my question.
I'm not able to play with a friend via the internet as we get the following error message: "Version Mismatch, connecting to the host is failed".

If I'm right the Steam account is automatically updating the patched so it can't happen that we are having different versions from the game.

If I'm not right can you pls tell me which is the latest version and how can I update it?

Can it be a problem that I'm having a MAc and my friend a PC?

Many thanks
isi

That is the correct answer. The Mac version is deliberately named 1.0.1.275a so that you cannot try to play against the Windows version. Aspyr have not yet been able to get this to work.

Yeah, Mac and PC have not been able to play together since the game came out. I wish I had known or I probably wouldn't have bought the damn thing, it's been more trouble than it's worth. They say they're working on fixing cross platform play, but there's been no updates on the topic in a long time.

Hey There!

Let's get a game started sometime. Let me know if there is any interest. I'll try to get in touch with you over steam accounts and PMs. Let's settle a date for this weekend possibly.

Post it up!

Hi,

I'm interested. Steam account name is Rockflake. Mac is an Intel 2.4g so that shouls be okay? Yes? Based in Ireland.

Rockflake

Top Bottom