The most Glorious Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea is going to launch a satallite

NedimNapoleon

Weird Little Human
link

The most insane nation in the world is going to launch a satellite, really NK? May Kim Il Sung be proud of us, discuss

Doesn't mention what kind of satellite it is. It does sound like a missile test. Sucks to be in northern Luzon at that time, I guess.

Well, the orientation seems to be right for a polar orbit. Not sure how much they need a weather satellite though.

That is military talk for look away. Like American weather balloons.

CNN has had several reports on this, including some where North Korea allowed international journalists into the launch site. Most of the observers note that it's unintentionally transparent that the NK's are hiding a more robust missile program; the launcher dwarfs the satellite rocket (intended for larger missiles); The fuel storage greatly exceeds the needs of this small missiles; much of the area was off-limits, etc.

'Un'intentionally transparent? They mean to blackmail everyone again the next time their crops fail, they're just setting up the groundwork.

They launched it! My bet: everyone says "Bad Kim!' and that's it.

EDIT: Rocket failed, according to CNN.

Still Kims family there, youngst son being in power
but as said, it will be shot down, if it threatens South Korea or Japan

Kims dictatorshipped regime still said to wanna attack south lastly

with China reformed now, NK is the very last kommunist regime isolated

I am surprised they haven't blamed western sabotage yet.

It's really no surprise at all - DPRK is technologically inferior and the "satellite launch" was a front for a ballistic missile test anyway. I just hope this blow to their prestige accelerates the internal collapse of the regime.

It did not get very far.

From BBC

The available information suggests the rocket disintegrated about 90 seconds into its flight, just before first-stage separation and ignition of the second stage.

One account talked of an unusually bright flaring coming from the vehicle.

All that fits with data indicating debris fell into the Yellow Sea about 165km (103 miles) west of Seoul, well short of the impact site where the North Koreans had planned to drop the first stage on a nominal flight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17701229

what if it would have fallen into south korean land, likely to treat as act of war?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17399847
News from 13th of April
North Korea is believed to have more than 1,000 missiles of varying capabilities, including long-range missiles which could one day strike the US.

An accident like that wouldn't cause war. South does not want to attack the North. The North probably doesn't want war either, if for no other reason than that the generals seem to have enough power to not let the crazy guy at the top go that far. A war would be hard on the people in the South at first, but the North's army would be crushed soon after that.

The North is a long way from a missile that could hit the US.

Top Bottom