End of Empires - N3S III

If you're particularly dissatisfied with low numbers of soldiers as a main reason for rebalancing everything upward, how much of an increase do you plan on NK? Double, triple? Assuming there's many various garrisons around that aren't listed, I don't think the current levels to be terribly low.:)

Also, just throwing out a thought, but would splitting the domestic income stat into base income (agriculture, aquaculture, mining etc.) and manufacturing income like AFSNES be useful at all? It provides more information, which seems to be the purpose of the splitting up the income stat in the first place.

I don't think economy needs to be expanded further. The goal of the N3S stat system is to give the player enough detail while avoiding heavy stats that strangulate everything. Also, micromanagement of the tax base to that level is really a matter left for the player's bureaucracy.

Professional/levy dynamic needs to be altered, though. Professional infantry soldiers should not be prohibitively expensive for large empires; the current pricing should more apply to elite soldiers like noble cavalry, etc.

Levies should have a minimal cost but cause drops in domestic income when they're called up en masse, imo.

Deeds II, III
She sings songs of long since passed, of nevermore, and somethings, and potentials, and impossibilities; still older than rocks, that were once boulders, and which have long since ceased being of mountains but which are still mountains in their minds; of cities, and men, women, and children, long since passed and forgotten save all but she. Memories tug, and pull, eddying out past understanding and passing into myth, legend and the mad fancies of all bar her for she knows and in the knowing comes certainty and in the certainty of knowing things which should never be known comes fear for that which is may come again or it may never, and that this is known to her and still more. All the world is her song, and all the mad fancies, and all the memories of people not her own but her own, for she is of all peoples and in her blood peculates the blood of Kings and Queens uncrowned, Gods and Goddesses undefied, and she is all and nothing, many and myriad, hundreds and thousands, the fire in the blood, the light of the world and of the world, and the worlds entire. She is God, and in her name all shall be known.

Wa.

Okay, so this will be restarting in summer. The next turn will be a BT in order to a) get things interesting again and b) smoothly transition into the new rules. It will be 100 years long. Just give me a general guide for how to run your nation in those years, you should know the drill... if this confuses you just ask for more details.

This is also the ideal time to start a new nation on the fringes of civilization.

Of course, you have a considerable amount of time. Deadline for reclaiming your nations is 11:59 PM on May 15th; after that they are open to anyone who might want them.

Deadline for the actual BT orders is 11:59 PM May 22nd.

Anyway, hope everyone's still interested and ready for an interesting ride this summer. :)

I can't really remember what was it exactly that I was doing the last time, but yeah, I'll probably rejoin seeing as I seem to have the time to read up on all that.

i'll play jipha still.

Is there any chance that you could do a rudimentary short-term update? There are a lot of situations that would need to be resolved within the next ten years or less. If not, then that's fine too, but it would make things a lot easier for many of us, I think.

I am still here.

....Yeah. I didn't really think about it, but how will the (northern) war be resolved before the BT?

This looks intriguing.

Top Bottom