We´re not all barbarians

For the record we did not have calendar in 250bc. A slightly less uneventful (and of course completely suboptimal) turn set:

250bc. Renamed Turfan in Korea as Korea, just because.

GS bulbs philosophy, Taoism founded in Korea.

Settled the new city of Turfan north west of capital (iron/sheep site).

Traded PH to Qin (40g) and Louis (40g). Traded med to Jules (50g) and Freddie (40g).

Changed some builds (Korea to lib, Ning Hsai to granary, Old Sarai to rax).

Revolted to slavery. Oooh anarchy :).

225bc. Oooh anarchy :).

200bc. Wot, no anarchy :cry:.

Toku sez: 'no trading with India', we say 'trade is the life blood of civilisation'.

Our keshik errant in Siberia discovers a barbarian village defended by one warrior. Stereotypical mongol behaviour would be to promptly raze it, but we are civilised:

The barbarian village becomes a proper Mongol city and is renamed New Sarai.

175bc. In our bid to be properly civilised we make a one sided deal with Catwoman:

Hmm, I expect my Council of Advisors will be cross about that one.

150bc. Mom bidl (civ jargon folks).

Sell PH to Fred (30g), sell poly to Alex (40g).

Make another trade:

Make yet another trade (forgot the screenshot): Calendar to Qin for monarchy, HbR, poly. We got robbed but at least Qin is happy.

Swop to lit, increase research.

:sleep:

75bc. Lizzie 'stop trading with France', we say 'we like baguettes'.

Jules sez 'help us kill Greece', we say 'war is so uncool'.

Remember to revolt to HR. Oooh, anarchy :).

25bc. Dizzy Bella sez 'don't trade with Persia', we say 'carpets'.

1ad. Alex sez 'help us kill Rome', we say 'war is like really uncool'.

And that's it really. Built a few units, few buildings, we've got a Taoist missionary close to New Sarai, the barbs have discovered bronze and we now have axes and spears to contend with, literature is one turn away.

We probably have at least half a chance of building Glib, possibly in Beshbalik.

NE obviously in Korea, HE probably in Karakorum (with bureaucracy it could turn into a respectable unit pump).

Edit: In civ the line down the middle of the road is blood red, not yellow!

nocho: you're actually UP.

LKendter on deck.

I'm very positively impressed we're so advanced technologically!

And it's a pity we don't have marble. I'd be inclined to build both GLib and NE in Korea, with heavy use of whip and overflow.

I'd go gor music next for the free GA and because we're civlized intellectuals. We might want Sistine too for a shot at a cultural VC.

I might consider settling something in the north for some extra happy.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if there ain't a cow somewhere north of the fur between Turfan and New Sarai, just a guess of course.

Techwise I'm also thinking about CS, bureau is Qin's fave civic iirc and gets us on the way to liberalism, obviously lib>miltrad would be supercool but I'm not optmistic.

Played until CS was in, didn't take bureau yet.

Traded MC for old stuff with Albion.

Discovered the trees of Siberia.

Settled a city near fur/cow that pigswill so visionarily predicted.

Attempting to build GLib in Korea whipping all kind of stuff into it.

Civilized a barbarian outlet by burning it down and looting cash.

Note some barbarians near our eastern towns that slipped by. There's a city with loads of chop overflow ready to spit out some defenders though.

Not much else really, beside a happy message that Hatty was willing to trade marble (!!) only not to have it available (??).

Attachments

• Genghis Khan AD-0450.CivBeyondSwordSave
    484.6 KB · Views: 111
I think I am up. In the queue to play tomorrow, my only chance for several days. Any comments post quickly.

I was contemplating a palace move to Beshbalik. Much better bureau cap, but less centralized. With bureau, Sistine may be feasible there, if we want to keep open culture as VC.

Might be worth getting feudalism from Cat in trade.

Maybe sell off aesthetics to raise cash so Karakurom can build some units while we're researching music.

Nice stack of barbs heading towards us, maybe time to recall some exploring Keshiks.

Siberia is filling up fast, even Asoka has a city there. There's a reasonable (well ok) site north of karakurom and deer/gold/gems is self sufficient, after that we're out of even half decent sites.

hello folks :)
You should get that sugar from Ashoka while you still have the chance (give up your furs, you will get it back later settling the north). Speaking of which, you should send hordes of workers/settlers out (well build them first :lol:).
Have you got plans about growing a priest for a confu spam (maybe you are planning on microing Korea...)? Maybe try to convert Hatty before she makes the palace (I must confess I forget about how the zeelot victory works, but that might be a viable path to victory :confused: - though on second thought I would rather go for space considering your land and the number of opponents)?

back to silent lurking :salute:

450 AD
I dial up Asoka and give him civil service and code of laws for feudalism and $70.
I give backwards Julius monotheism for $60.

475 AD
Aesthetics goes to Louis for $110.

500 AD
Priesthood goes to hopeless backwards Toku for $40.
(IT) Sorry Asoka, we don't believe in war.

540 AD
The first 3 barbs are finally dead, but we lost to we lost to many units dealing with them.
Cash moved around, so we now have some new dealings. Aesthetics goes to Cyrus for $100.
(IT) Sorry Hatty and Julius, we don't believe in war.

560 AD
Aesthetics goes to Asoka for $50. We have enough money to finish music at 100% now.

Summary:
We own the music great artist.

Paper is a placeholder tech.

This is a barb city by deer gold in the north.

Well done on thwarting the uncouth barbs without losing a city.

cripp7 is UP

astre is on deck

Paper sounds good if we're heading for lib (and education coz we're civilised). Not convinced we'll get Glib seeing as Hatwoman has lit and marble.

Toku has enough on his hands, he's pleased with Qin and annoyed with us, our army is paper thin.
On the other hand we now have feudalism and Toku doesn't have samurai so we'd probably be facing swords, a few longbows in Korea and Old Sarai should be enough.

Slightly less conventionally we could go for drama for theatres and Globe in Korea. Whip an invasion force in Korea putting overflow into Globe. With HR a stack of units will keep Korea happy until Globe is built. If we do go for this then trading for construction is worthwhile.

couldn't get a look at the save yet but we need to get a better idea of our victory condition.
If we want to go culture victory, this is the time to turn. (but i agree it is borring and too easy)

for research, it depend of how mutch advanced we are.
can we get nationalism (for constitution) or economy (for great merchant) before liberalism?

EDIT: I take a look at the save.
I propose to go for golden age and change civic to burocracy / organised religion and go for confus... (to make china happy).
for slavery-> anything else, i would wait the end of great library/ end of golden age
the race of great lib will be tought but winable with full strenght for it (change of civic, whiping stuff, assign a forger)

for tech, saladin have paper already. we have to go straight to liberalism if we want to win the race.

IIRC most of the world is Jewish. Don't know if Confused will be more headaches then it is worth.

Half the old world is jewish, half is buddhist, I assume the new world is hindu, Qin is confu and of course our nearest neighbour. Confu or NSR? I'd probably stay in NSR.

i agree from a political point of view that NSR is the way to go (liberalism for free religion is going to be crucial). however, if we want to build that great lib (do we?) we need this 25% bonus.
and we can always go back to NSR at the end of golden age.

I'm ok with switching to confu/OR during GA (need to check if Korea is confu of course) and switching back to NSR at end of GA. LBs would still be handy.

Top Bottom