Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

Ah, thanks. Good to know. :shifty:

I stabbed him through the hand with a spring loaded spike concealed within the point of my umbrella. Fun times.

I was turning Scotland into my own personal fortified citadel at the time in order to protect the Khan in exile as I recall.

How do you know how much Political capital or points you have?

Also, Fargle, can you tell me your party's plans in IC or OOC, it doesn't really matter to me as I don't play in IC :)

LH, do you post a map of the game so the shogun can plan what to do or what? Because I'm completely lost on the lay out of the land.

Ravus only sat there and gave advice. Well, and commanded the KD to become a de facto police, but only after christos was killed and the damage done.

Are you insinuating something?

Argument Solution
  1. Have the Admin Replace the word LAWS with the words ETHICAL GUIDELINES
  2. Create Criminal Records for those who break them
  3. Give the Administration a "Jail" Ability to lock people up

Word miss communication can create a lot of problems. Changing the idea of laws to the idea of Japanese Honour solves most things. True every Shogun can change it, but if you don't like a Candidates ethics don't vote him into power! If he gets in anyway, suck it up.

Yes unfortunately it isn't the fundamental shift that the admin is probably hoping for. But currently we don't even have a police to enforce laws on the masses. We are self policing at the moment. Unless a new Independent position of "Head of Law Enforcement" was created I don't see any "Laws" being viable. But an honour system of ethics could be do-able.

Criminal Records should keep the current pro-legal administration happy. It's similar to a black honour disgrace but simpler. Of course at the moment there is no separation of Government and Law Keeping. So who keeps track of the Records would be iffy. New Shoguns could try to wipe out the Records. Again a Independent position could solve this, but such a position would be outside both the admin and the opposition, technically policing both. You couldn't just give anyone such a position.

The Administration lacks a long term jail ability for law breakers/idiots/terrorists/revolutionaries. I don't want another ilduce game where you have to put up with someone you can't put down. People jailed can of course be broken out (if they have supporters) or be released by the current or new admin. So it's not brokenly powerful. Just useful for extremists.

-

Hope some of those ideas help. I just want things to continue.

Actually, I invited him. :p

I am founding the Japanese Democratic Party!

We believe in sanity and calmness, not forcing Emergency Powers or Armed Revolutions in all of the elections.

Spoiler Long rant about this RP :
I have personally seen in RP chat that this RP is ridiculous and crazy, and have seen LH himself make a huge rant about the players here; if the GM rants about his own players for so long, there is either a horrible GM or uncooperative players which are unwilling to play this game sanely (and players don't spam and troll humorously either here). I know that LH is a good GM, and I've seen his GM'ing skills in RP1 - An RP which reached 468 pages and (if I remember correctly), 8 elections. How many other RPs have reached 8 elections?

The complete and utter insanity needs to slow down, and not bear itself in extreme parties, Armed Revolutions and Emergency Powers from the onset. According to LH himself, the mere mention of AR was a dirty word. Now it is thrown around so often, people are beginning to not take it seriously.

Calm down guys, it's not the end of the world if you lose an election, especially if it's only the first one.

ooc: Un-capitalize the color name ("Green")

It has become quite clear that a large proportion of the Daimyo, presumably due to a lack of honour, hold no respect for the idea of law. Thus considering any laws likely to be created would effectively cease to exist upon a change of government, and seeing that it is likely that the populace would simply ignore a legal code, I will thus delay the implementation of laws indefinitely.

It has become quite clear that a large proportion of the Daimyo, presumably due to a lack of honour, hold no respect for the idea of law. Thus considering any laws likely to be created would effectively cease to exist upon a change of government, and seeing that it is likely that the populace would simply ignore a legal code, I will thus delay the implementation of laws indefinitely.

Finally, a rational decision from the administration!

Also, I do hereby join the JDP.

Oh yes, I almost forgot. The Mercantilist's Party's plans.

Basically my plan is REX'ing to get as many luxuries as possible, selling them off to the AI's to drain them of their cash and using the money to buy City States which provide us with even more stuff. Probably going to war with Greece at some point since their Hellenic League ability will interfere with these plans. Patronage and Commerce Social Policies being given priority over the others. Preferred wonders being Himeji Castle, Machu Picchu, Big Ben and Notre Dame.

In short: Wide Empire, Gold Focus.

For the record, I am active in this turnset.

Sorry if I haven't done an RP before, and maybe it is my fault, but I find that the requirement of "being active" creates a lot of unnecessary drivel.

Just give me your PC and your list of people to eliminate and I will make a honorable attempt to complete the list :)

PS: Happy New Year everyone!

A return of 3 more RP1 Players? I have a good feeling about this. And the bad feeling I have about this is overshadowed by the good one. Which is good.

I am happy to see the government has accepted the position of the Majority, thereby proving a point someone made at some point about how the Majority can still overule the Shoguns 'absolute' power by simple fact of being the majority. This is why we don't need a complicated legal system for this, it happens anyway when a sane leader is in power.

DT
Hopeful :)

The problem is that it is not very difficult for less sane people to be appointed to Shogun, and that's why laws were creted in the first place :p

Giant robots!
That is all.

The problem is that it is not very difficult for less sane people to be appointed to Shogun

Name me one instance in this entire Game where a less sane Person has been appointed to Shogun. :p

It is actually quite easy for a less-sane person to be removed from the position of Shogun, as long as we assume that everyone does what is best for the country, since having a less-sane person in charge is obviously not what is best for the country, therefore it is assumed that everybody will be working against them.

And, to be honest, from what I can see of things right now, no less-sane person actually has a chance of becoming Shogun, because everyone else agrees they are less sane, and thus will not vote for them.

DT

Top Bottom