Firaxis' official Gods & Kings site now up and running!

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator
The new Gods and Kings website is now up and running. Whilst there's not really much new information, there are the introduction videos for all the leaders (including Theodora!)

Another page displays the links for the various reviews - as if we missed any at Civfanatics! There is a pre-order option from 2k games, but there's no bonuses for pre-ordering.

Some trivial notes:

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings is the first expansion pack for Civilization V...

Expanded Epic Game
The core game experience has been greatly expanded with the addition of new technologies (like Combined Arms), 27 new units (like the new 1-hex ranged unit Machine Gunner), 13 new buildings (like the Bomb Shelter), and 9 new Wonders. Additionally, there are even more new units and buildings included in the four new Scenarios for modders to use.

The second is just a small slip, but the first gives me hope :).

It seems like everyone is just clicking on Theodora Byzantium on first glance. No prizes for guessing why! :D

All kidding aside what the hell is wrong with Attila's voice?

Sounds like a Scotsman trying to speak Turkish or something....:cry:

I'm LOVING it!

Theodora is great.
And I love Dido. Is that Phoenician-ish? It does sound like a semitic language.

And I like the detail of the sound of Adolf's armor.

Cataphract confirmed as the last unit and maya UA seems really OP "After researching theology, receive a bonus great person at the end of every Maya calendar cycle ( 394 years )."

All kidding aside what the hell is wrong with Attila's voice?

Sounds like a Scotsman trying to speak Turkish or something....:cry:

I'm very disappointed in the sound of Maria Theresa's and Dido' voice too :/

Cataphract confirmed as the last unit and maya UA seems really OP "After researching theology, receive a bonus great person at the end of every Maya calendar cycle ( 394 years )."
Hey, theology? I was expecting calendar. But that would definitely be overpowered.
I assume they originally had intended it to kick in with calendar, but was too strong so early.

I'm very disappointed in the sound of Maria Theresa's and Dido' voice too :/

What's wrong with Dido? Considering she's probably speaking a dead language, I think they do a good job. She seems to be speaking confidently and in full sentences, which puts her above Nebuchadnezzar.

I do like Boudicca, although she kinda scares me ;)

omg omg...

...is Boudicca speaking Welsh? Please someone tell me it's true!

edit: hmm. I'm not sure now, having listened to it a second time. Might be Irish. Her accent does sound Welsh though.

I have a friend who knows Irish who can confirm if it's Irish Gaelic or a different language.

I'm almost certain it is Welsh now. 'Celtiaid' is still used in Welsh. Could do with a more expert confimation though.

At least I'm now fairly confident it's not Scottish Gaelic, which, although it's my favourite Celtic language, I still maintain would have been the wrong choice.

Top Bottom