United Kingdom

gascooker

Chieftain
United Kingdom

This mod updates all vanilla civilizations with UK counties and their current political overlords, as of the 2010 General election. The mod contains custom diplomacy speech, leader & civilization artwork and civiloepdia enrties. To sample the diplomacy screens visit: http://www.industraplex.co.uk/civ/

Download
download here (44564480 Bytes)

installations instructions:
download and extract the .zip file to: C:\Users\[username]\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS
Load civ5, choose MODS, BROWSE MODS and enable the MOD by selecting the green tick
go back and select SINGLE PLAYER and SET UP GAME.

UK Civilizations
Anglia - Harriet Harman (New Labour, New Danger)
Berkshire - Theresa May (Homes for votes)
Buckinghamshire - Nick Clegg (I Agree with Nick)
Cheshire - George Osborne (Cash for Questions)
Derbyshire - Ken Clarke (Right to Buy)
Essex - Ian Duncan Smith (Rivers of Blood)
Hampshire - Chris Huhne (Cool Britania)
Kent - John Redwood (Back to Basics)
Lancashire - Hazel Blears (New Deal)
North Yorkshire - William Hague (Boom and Bust)
Northumbria - Ed Balls (The Third Way)
Oxfordshire - David Cameron (Big Society)
Scotland - Alex Salmond (Quantative Easing)
South Yorkshire - Ed Milliband (Sure Start)
Surrey - Michael Gove (Education, Education , Education)
Sussex - Caroline Lucus (The Squeezed Middle)
Wales - Rhodhri Morgan (Winter of Discontent)
Wessex - Liam Fox (War on Terror)

UK Features
UK city states
UK natural wonders
Custom diplomacy audio speech and leaderheads
Updated Civiloepedia
Updated unique units/buildings​

Notes:

To view custom leaderheads
To view the new static leaderheads users will have to manually update the following file: .../My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/GraphicsSettingsDX1.ini

Open the file in Notepad
Find UseScreenShots = 0
change to: UseScreenShots = 1
save the file​

Diplomacy Audio Cache
If you play this mod you should exit the game to windows, then restart the game before playing another standard game or mod to make sure any diplomacy audio is not cached. Switching from the mod to a non-mod game without restarting the game may occassionally result in Napoleon sounding like Cameron.

DLC
Currently if extra DLC civilizations are used, they may appear in game, except the Mongol empire which has been disabled.

Thanks
Thanks to Mark Love for mashing up the Dawn of Man and diplomacy audio.

Every day i have played civilisation V i've been left feeling empty inside. Every day i've come closer to realising this is because i haven't been able to play as Theresa May.

You are a scholar and a gentlemen, and i hope to God you will update this some day with Boris Johnson as the Overlord of London.

Every day i have played civilisation V i've been left feeling empty inside. Every day i've come closer to realising this is because i haven't been able to play as Theresa May.

Its even more fulfilling if you play it whilst wearing an actual Theresa May moon suit. ;)

If Theresa May dares build one more wonder Michael Gove will have no choice but to send in the War Elephants.

Oh god what...

Very good leaderheads I must say. Now we just have to wait until someone posts a game where Clegg gets annexed by Cameron or something.

Hahah :D

Apparently David Cameron is after some tips on how to run the economy. Unfortunately, I was playing as George Osborne at the time, so he's barking up the wrong tree...

Spoiler :
"Your empire is famed for its strong economy. Perhaps one day you might be willing to share some of your secrets with a friend?"

I can't conquer Theresa May's capital city of Maidenhead because - and I'm not making this up - she has defended it with a cat.

(seriously: civ mod of absolute genius, thank you!)

Enjoying this! Maybe you can use a custom UK map to give the civs their correct starting locations too?

This is the funniest mod I have played and is also one of the most fun. I chuckle everytime I see wee eck.

Reckon you have some work to do on the Scotland Civ mod Soneji. :spear:

Having great fun on this, love the voice clips!

Two suggestions:
1. Boris Johnson and London is a must!
2. TSL would make an already great mod even better: my invasion of England by Alex Salmond would be infinitely more satisfying if it was geographically correct, rather than a skirmish over an incense-ridden, randomly generated, desert. Perhaps someone could mod TSL onto the 'British Isles' map?

Having said that, this mod is a great breath of fresh air and is also highly amusing: good job!

If you start on the BI map and remove all AI city states and put in 11 - 12 AI Civs and generally speaking playing as Scotland you start off in Scotland, have to restart a couple of times sometimes but not too painfull. I have only had the starting location be near or around Edinburgh twice, it's more common to appear around Inverness or Aberdeen. Thats my experience of it so far anyway. I also like to play on Marathon higher than King as it makes it more of a challange. 'course its not gonna matter come 2014 :lol:

Interesting to see Call me Dave and Ozzy going at each other for over 300 years in my current game you would think neither of them had a clue...

hi , Really nice job the arts are awesome and while I'm playing in french I'm translating it in my own language. Because i'm not English there is some thing I don't know and/or understand . A little help would be nice :goodjob:

Can you please make only Buckinghamshire? I want to play Buckinghamshire with all the others being standard civilizations.

I played buckinghamshire against all UK countries and won. I would like to play against all the standard civilizations as well. If only you could modify the mod for me so that it exchanges only buckinghamshire with greece I would be extremely grateful.

Also, great programming,love the mod.

this mod is amazing work!

is there any chance you'll look into updating for G&K? while it was pretty cool to be rolled over by the austro-anglian alliance it hurts immersion :lol: not to mention my sanity :lol: same with the city states that show up.

all in all man great work! I'm off to play an epic :goodjob:

Can you please make only Buckinghamshire? I want to play Buckinghamshire with all the others being standard civilizations.

Yes, you heard him correctly. He wants to see civilisations like China, Germany, and the Aztecs fall to the tremendous power that is... BUCKINGHAMSHIRE.

Anyway, certainly the funniest Civ mod in history. I have to recommend playing this with other new-civ mods enabled (good ones to try: North Korea, Aperture Laboratories).

Phrase of the year, 2012: "Buckinghamshire and North Korea have signed a Research Agreement"

We need a 2015 version of this mod naow!

Personally, I'd like to see the major political parties included in the new one.

And the Lib Dems. =]

(#milifandom)

Top Bottom