7 new screenshots and more information emerges from GDC (8th March 2012)

Dutch: Orange/ White;
Cartage: Grey/ Purple (didn't like it, but it's okay);
Celts: Dark Green/ Light Blue (didn't like it).

Do we already know the Mayan's and Byzantine's colors? There is that Yellow/ Dark Green UU (Is that dark green? I'm a bit daltonic), which may be Mayan. There's also that Baby Blue/ Purplish-Blue civ in the mini-map... new civ or the Byzantines got the most ******ed color they could give them?

Why the dutch cities have the icon used in maritime CS? Amsterdan, Roterdan, Utrecht, Groningen have it. Perhaps this icon represents religion now?

Well the expansion's not completed yet, right? Could be a placeholder for something. (Like most of the things people are picking at here, I guess.)

Well the expansion's not completed yet, right? Could be a placeholder for something. (Like most of the things people are picking at here, I guess.)

True. But in the ss in question the icon represent a religion right? Prague in the ss had a Cross in the same place.

Looks like that WWI bomber is taking an age getting back to base. It's still there. :rolleyes:

There is no city state icon, which means it has to be a normal city

EDIT: Also, what appears to be a Gatling Gun is situated left of Utrech

Yes. That Gatling Gun has a different icon than the Machine Gun.

The Great Admiral doesn't have any tile improvemnt, at least not one for in the ocean.

Huns would be cool, but we dont really know anything about them. What language would Attila talk? What cities would they have? Huns would be great addition if they would be some kind of "super barbarians" - not a normal civilization.
I don't think the Huns are another civ.
I think were looking at another city state.
A new barbarian one I think.

I don't think the Huns are another civ.
I think were looking at another city state.
A new barbarian one I think.

But CS' can't build wonders? I think we're seeing the Terracotta Army in one of the screenshots.
Baahhh Attila's Court is the WORST city name ever!! Give me Khazaria instead, please :p

Spoiler :

Do you mean the hex above the Cavalry unit? Looks a bit like Saltpeter quarry/mine with those small white piles around it... (?)

You can see the same type of mine just west of the artillery on the orange side. If you look at the strategic resources, they have 4 aluminum, so I'm fairly certain those are aluminum mines.

Actually, it's probably aimed at guys who want a bit of eye candy (and apparently think Civ5 is the place to get that...?). Feminists wouldn't be too happy about a potentially objectifying piece of art.

Also Dido committed suicide as a result of unrequited love. (If my memory of high school Virgil is correct.

Zulu are clearly in.... as the previous poster pointed out in the Prophet screen shot.

You can see them using the double bonus over rough terrain. Unless the blue color are Celtics and that color is for Mayan.

Zulu are clearly in.... as the previous poster pointed out in the Prophet screen shot.

You can see them using the double bonus over rough terrain. Unless the blue color are Celtics and that color is for Mayan.

That weird icon looks more Mayan to me. I'd think an Impi would have a shield and spear icon. Also, that blue color could be the Byzantines or some unknown.

I think it may be the Mayan UU

Of course.
But as seen there's coal, oil and aluminium I'd assume saltpeter would be there as well.
Also if you look at the units (infantry, machine gun, bomber, artillery) one could assume saltpeter would be needed for at least one of them if it was a strategic resource.

Not for industrial units. To make a musketman perhaps.

Top Bottom