Am I the Only One Who has Never Posted a Completed Modpack or Scenario

I always find myself distracted by real-life things. Although I make buildings for Civ3 (and release them at odd intervals rather than regularly), most of what I do for the game is purely in the domain of graphics. Of course, I do have a mod in the works, but I also have nick's problem of a short attention span. ;)

@ Balthasar: PM me if you have any questions.

@Topic

After all these modding years, I always find it fascinating how people can still play the original game. Every time I see screenshots of the old, limited Vanilla, I'm like

I think I never want to go back to these puny 120 units, non-working armies and non-existent naval operations. ;)

After all these modding years, I always find it fascinating how people can still play the original game. Every time I see screenshots of the old, limited Vanilla, I'm like:

I think I never want to go back to these puny 120 units, non-working armies and non-existent naval operations. ;)

He he...makes me wonder what Vanilla would look like if we all modded a version of it together..
The Cherry Vanilla Mod...

He he...makes me wonder what Vanilla would look like if we all modded a version of it together..
The Cherry Vanilla Mod...
You mean, like a modded Vanilla with non-puny 120 units, working Armies and actual naval engagements? That's a great idea!

There is no value in uploading a mod in itself if it's not properly done anyway. People should aim for quality not quantity.
This, I fully agree with, and is one of the main reasons why I never uploaded any scenarios, even though I used to play some of my own devising here.

The other reason is that my old comp broke (read: power spike) soon after I got into uni and redoing all that had been done became unfeasible. Now I'm old enough to have to get a job!

Don't be ashamed of not uploading stuff, Pounder!

Now, we should do a mod by people who've never uploaded one.

After all these modding years, I always find it fascinating how people can still play the original game.

Er... for the old times' sake? :shifty: If anything, it can become a novel experience all over again to me just to play one game in it after years of playing scenarios. That's me though...

I've started a few projects. The limits of the game made me drop them however.
When Jimmy releases IndieCiv then I'll start them back up again.

I have posted a couple of minimal mods, without adding any additional units, just changing combat values and adding a few resources, plus making resources more valuable in terms of production increases. Never have really gotten the hang of adding units or buildings.

Top Bottom