HOF V Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator

The Civilization V Hall of Fame has been updated. 64 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Peets for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Settler, Domination, Standard, Standard, Highlands, China (Wu Zetian) [G&K] game for 21963 points.

sanabas was the most active player during this update, submitting 8 games.

Only 1 player was brave enough to take on Deity this update

moriarte - 1615 AD, Turn 233, 5813 points, Deity, Domination, Standard, Standard, Pangaea, Korea (Sejong) [G&K]
moriarte - 1710 AD, Turn 252, 5174 points, Deity, Domination, Standard, Standard, Pangaea, Greece (Alexander) [G&K]

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor LII - Domination, Settler, Standard, Highlands, Standard, China (Wu Zetian) [G&K]
1st vexing - 1760 BC T-56
2nd HideInLight - 1520 BC T-62
3rd TyfoonTurk - 1320 BC T-67

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor LIII - Time, King, Tiny, Great Plains Plus, Quick, Netherlands (William) [G&K] - High Score Wins!

A number of players earned Gold Medals this update:

Fastest Finish (Date):
vexing - 1760 BC, Turn 56, 4436 points, Settler, Domination, Standard, Standard, Highlands, China (Wu Zetian) [G&K]
sanabas - 1580 AD, Turn 148, 2186 points, Warlord, Science, Quick, Huge, Tilted Axis, Huns (Attila) [G&K]

Score:
TractorBoy - 15107 points, 1989 AD, Turn 409, Prince, Culture, Standard, Small, Lakes, Aztec (Montezuma)
Mesix - 3227 points, 1964 AD, Turn 252, Prince, Culture, Quick, Large, Rainforest, Persia (Darius I) [G&K]
Peets - 21963 points, 2004 AD, Turn 424, Settler, Domination, Standard, Standard, Highlands, China (Wu Zetian) [G&K]

Hi.
I'm not sure i understand one thing: The G-Minor victory being about time, it means that we *must* let the game go until the 2050 AD (I don't know what turn that is) when it finishes if no one managed to win before? Is that it?
Thanks.

Hi.
I'm not sure i understand one thing: The G-Minor victory being about time, it means that we *must* let the game go until the 2050 AD (I don't know what turn that is) when it finishes if no one managed to win before? Is that it?
Thanks.

Yep. You need to make sure you don't win by other methods before then, and you're just aiming for the highest score in 2050.

Thanks Sanabas.
It's a bit weird and perhaps tougher, because having to stop other civs to finish, must be even harder that just finishing first, right? :)
I'm afraid it will become boring in the end... what do you say?

Yeah, you may get bored, the last 100+ turns you likely won't have anything to do but click 'next turn'. But it also happens in other types of games, you know you've won, you know roughly how many turns there are until you actually win, and you just have to click through them. Just watch a movie or read a book while you're finishing off the game. :)

Top Bottom