Problem with domestic advisor

MMX5000

Chieftain
Im having a huge performance issue with the domestic advisor. When I select some cities, no problem. With certain cities however, it nearly locks up and makes it near impossible to do anything except select another city or close the domestic advisor. It did not happen much before my empire became larger but now its basically unusable. I initially played V23 and now Im using V24. Any ideas? I have a bunch of cities all producing research and its very annoying having to change each one individually every time I research something.

Im having a huge performance issue with the domestic advisor. When I select some cities, no problem. With certain cities however, it nearly locks up and makes it near impossible to do anything except select another city or close the domestic advisor. It did not happen much before my empire became larger but now its basically unusable. I initially played V23 and now Im using V24. Any ideas? I have a bunch of cities all producing research and its very annoying having to change each one individually every time I research something.

Post the save game with information about which cities are slow (and at least one example of one that isn't). That should hopefully provide a basis for us to analyze what is going on.

Post the save game with information about which cities are slow (and at least one example of one that isn't). That should hopefully provide a basis for us to analyze what is going on.
Not sure if it has anything to do with this, but I noticed that whenever I selected a city in domestic advisor, the city would not stay selected but instead it would select a unit stack right away.

I've had it happen to me before with previous games but it was always just slow, still playable. Now the advisor is near worthless. Is there any other way to change mass cities' queues? Ive just been switching to every city till I come back around to my capital.

I've had it happen to me before with previous games but it was always just slow, still playable. Now the advisor is near worthless. Is there any other way to change mass cities' queues? Ive just been switching to every city till I come back around to my capital.

All = alt-right click on a city bar
All on this continent = ctrl-right click on city bar

You can then add to end or beginning of queues etc in the same way as if you were in a city screen but it does it for all selected cities.

All = alt-right click on a city bar
All on this continent = ctrl-right click on city bar

You can then add to end or beginning of queues etc in the same way as if you were in a city screen but it does it for all selected cities.

That's always how I've gone about it myself... didn't really know about the adviser stuff until its been mentioned here. This has worked nicely for me, but not ALL the time does it apply.

Keep in mind, with this method, you can deselect or add-select a city from the grouped cities with shift-click on the city bar. I often have to do this with my capital because usually its on top of new buildings as soon as they come in while others need to be prepped for the mass build set and when I select all, it selects the capital and since the building is already built there, it won't allow me to mass select that building, so I just deselect the capital and then go for the building I want to mass select, usually with ctrl depressed so I can establish it at the beginning of the queue. This is normally for new production or food buildings that this becomes most useful.

HOLY ! thats awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I cant select only my "research" cities but otherwise this is amazing. No idea with my DA failed but this makes it a non-issue pretty much. I was afraid Id have to settle on smaller maps.

Go to the BUG menu, and go to the Caveman2Cosmos tab. In the middle column, at the bottom, there should be an option that says "No Production Popups". When this is clicked, the domestic adviser will no longer pop up. Instead, you will be taken to your city's screen, where you can set up build queues and such.

Top Bottom