Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

For the record, I have also invited Firaxis to send in a team. I'm not sure if it'll happen, I'd say: don't count on it, but they promised me they were going to look around to see if some employees were interested.

I've also sent out invitations to all civ-sites I know. Some of them have already responded interest right here.

This could be the biggest fansite-civgame ever.
Perhaps in the end every fansite will participate b/c it's a game you can't miss.

It deserves full admin support.
Just treathen your CFC admins that Apolyton will host the game if they don't respond quickly. I'm sure that'll wake them up :D

Poly :goodjob:

Just letting you know that if you need a very dedicated Site Admin to make this game huge and in-your-face and a big civ4 happening, including front-site reports, etc., then I'm absolutely willing to contribute. I just very much like the idea of this game being huge and something all civ-sites participate in.

Unfortunately 2K/Firaxis are focussed on civ5, not civ4 (who could blame them?) so much marketing activities from them can't be expected :(
Which makes sense, only a crazy corporation would advertise their old last dated game.

Maybe we can do it with civ5 G&K later, and have some marketing support :D
Sorry, just thinking a bit bigger then I should :D

They'll need to introduce Pitboss first....

Unfortunately 2K/Firaxis are focussed on civ5, not civ4 (who could blame them?) so much marketing activities from them can't be expected :(
Which makes sense, only a crazy corporation would advertise their old last dated game.
Would Firaxis really miss such an opportunity to advertise that they build games that stand the test of time? I hope not.

Thanks LP, I just got that same message:)

Good, I got the preferences of almost all the teams, so we can well use the new sub-forum for setting discussing settings/rules threads, recruitment and the private section.

:think: I am just a lurker anyway, but this thing seems to get epic.

Now I just have to find an answer between CFC and civforum.de :think:

I think most of us from civforum.de also know English :D
Besides, we are just discussing who should become responsible for talking you guys ;)

CFC needs a player who speaks German to translate between us and Civforum.de:please:

Interesting. The same thing is asked for on "the other side" ;)

But I think in this very internatinal composition, it's impossible to have someone for every language. English should be the official game language.

Interesting. The same thing is asked for on "the other side" ;)
Right, so now all you have to do is choose between your ol' pals and former teammates on the side of truth, justice and everything that is right and good and just and awesome:mischief:... Or you can join the side of horrible, awful, no-good, very-bad, naughty, naughty:p

:deal::ninja::high5: ------ :shifty: --------- :devil::satan::evil:

Simple choice right;)?

I think most of us from civforum.de also know English :D
Besides, we are just discussing who should become responsible for talking you guys ;)

Yes, my impression is all the Germans speak English well. I was in Germany few years ago and for a whole month the only person I met who could not speak English was some gas-station guy.

Now to the point, you guys over civforum.de need to elect a team captain and he needs to send me your preliminary preferences for the settings of the game.

Right, so now all you have to do is choose between your ol' pals and former teammates on the side of truth, justice and everything that is right and good and just and awesome:mischief:... Or you can join the side of horrible, awful, no-good, very-bad, naughty, naughty:p

:deal::ninja::high5: ------ :shifty: --------- :devil::satan::evil:

Simple choice right;)?

C'mon Calis! Eagle solidarity! :smoke:

That aside, I can fulfill those duties for the French Civ Forum, if they are fielding a team.

You guys are so convincing :)

Where do I have to sign?

But I will stay lurker mainly! In emergencies I can help out with the Germans ;)

Team Realms Beyond's full settings vote:
- nukes (on/off) - Off
- spies or the civ-wide esp missions - Civic/Religion Swap missions disabled
- huts/events (on/off) - Off
- corporations (on/off) - Off
- known tech bonus (vanilla 30% or higher, like 100%) - Default
- BUG mod (included/not or included without # cities) - No
- double-move mod (on/off) - Off
- always war (on/off) - On
- tech trading (on/off) - Off

- engineered starts (yes/no) - No
- wrap (none, 1-axis, 2-axis) - Mapmaker's choice
- mirrored starts (yes/no) - Map either balanced or mirrored
- type of script (donut/pangaea/continents/archipelago/etc) - Mapmaker's choice, land-based map
- map makers if possible - Strong non-player with history of balanced maps
- restricted leaders (on/off) - Off (unrestricted leaders)
- can have many instances of a leader (leaders exclusive to one team, or not) - No (exclusive leaders)
- method of assignment - Snake Pick

We're happy to explain any of our choices if people want to discuss them, but there already seem to be several teams agreeing on the settings we care most strongly about (double-move mod, nukes, and civic/religion swap spy missions). We have preferences for other choices like restricted/unrestricted leaders, but we're happy to respect the consensus - and in any case are just excited to get started. :)

Thanks again for helping to get this game going, 2metraninja!

Always War, IMO, would be as destructive to the game as having tech trading on. Amazon didn't win the last game because they had some sort of vastly superior management; they won because they were excellent diplomats. Mavericks got their arses handed to them because they did the opposite.

Always War, IMO, would be as destructive to the game as having tech trading on. Amazon didn't win the last game because they had some sort of vastly superior management; they won because they were excellent diplomats. Mavericks got their arses handed to them because they did the opposite.

Always War doesn't necessarily mean no diplomacy.

Indeed. It's a purely mechanical setting which prevents city and unit gifts. Nothing there about stopping diplomacy - indeed it'd be a shame not to have diplomacy. :)

Top Bottom