Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Ottoman Sultans became super-religious and began mass conversions of the Balkans over 60 years

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Hey, TheLastOne36, you interested in advancing the glorious interests of blank maps? Add this and this to the first post, and help me out with this which has already produced this. Actually if anyone here wants to help me out with that blank map I will be most grateful.

I turn to this thread because NESers are a bunch of lazy gits.

Anyway Squonk explained things perfectly:
And he gives several reasons why German rule creates different politics in those parts. Just look at the railway map, and railways tend to promote industry and affect society. It may be good or bad, and I am in no way saying that the Poles there are actually Germans or want to be Germans or anything, just that German rule for, what, 170 out of the last 250 years has left an impact on the people in the region (or an impact on the region itself, which impacts the people now there).

Seems like the railway system was left intact (or is this another Jesus sighting? ;) ):

From here.

The west is much more developed then the east because it is richer in resources and more of a commercial area then the east. Not to mention much more people live in the west then the east. (no use building rails just to connect villages).

America's rail system for example, is much more dense in major commercial areas like the Western states, California etc. but the plains are much less dense.

And he gives several reasons why German rule creates different politics in those parts. Just look at the railway map, and railways tend to promote industry and affect society. It may be good or bad, and I am in no way saying that the Poles there are actually Germans or want to be Germans or anything, just that German rule for, what, 170 out of the last 250 years has left an impact on the people in the region (or an impact on the region itself, which impacts the people now there).

Oh they did impact us, but the impact us in the more developed west. As i said earlier, the western parts are richer in resources and would've been developed whether it was under German, Polish, Russian or whoever's rule.

The map of the German former borders over Poland's election, it is just an east-west divide. And the latest elections as squonk mentions have some surprising aspects to it, (with major areas in the East not voting liberals) Go to previous elections and try putting up the German border and you'll see there is nothing.

For there to be a correlation, i believe it has to be an ongoing thing, not just one election. Like in Ukraine. If there is a correlation in the map, then may i ask, what correlation do you see?

Hey, TheLastOne36, you interested in advancing the glorious interests of blank maps? Add this and this to the first post, and help me out with this which has already produced this. Actually if anyone here wants to help me out with that blank map I will be most grateful.

I turn to this thread because NESers are a bunch of lazy gits.

i'll take a look. Thanks.

To clarify, for the third map, do you want me to get rid of all the borders?

136/136 said:
To clarify, for the third map, do you want me to get rid of all the borders?
Yes, while retaining the rivers as 1-px-thick (with "thick" edges) line-things, so actually peepz can only help if they have HoI2.

---

Random boredom crap-out time:

Everyone there is some flavor of Christian.

Attachments

• Titanomachia Final Named.png
    Titanomachia Final Named.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,224
A map of the second biggest language in each european country:
Spoiler :

Russian is the second biggest language in 7 countries (and Svalbard), Turkish in 6 (inluding Liechtenstein), German in 5 (including the Vatican) and Serbian in 4.
In Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Montenegro and Monaco the countries own language is a minority.

Attachments

• minlang.PNG
    minlang.PNG
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,417
"Second biggest"? Is this talking about first language or secondary languages? Because there's no way in hell that there are more people who can understand Turkish in Germany than can understand English.

A map of the second biggest language in each european country:
Spoiler :

Russian is the second biggest language in 7 countries (and Svalbard), Turkish in 6 (inluding Liechtenstein), German in 5 (including the Vatican) and Serbian in 4.
In Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Montenegro and Monaco the countries own language is a minority.
What in god's name is in romania ????

I'm guessing "Hungarian" but they didn't put it in the key.
That would prolly be right - but i looked at the names on the map and only found berber and swedish to be color close. Hence the shock. :eek:

Cool map. Bit surprised to see Romania has Hungarian, not French, and more amused to see Hindi in England.

I suppose this map is about the second biggest "mother tongue" in each country? In that case I find it surprisng that German is the second language in the Netherlands. According to some numbers I could dig up, there are about 386.000 Germans living in The Netherlands, while there are about 450.000 speakers of Frisian... What source are you using for that map?

It's certainly first languages, or else English would be more places than Malta.

And, where the hell is Ukrainian?

Cool map. Bit surprised to see Romania has Hungarian, not French, and more amused to see Hindi in England.
I agree. There are a lot of ethnic Hungarians in Romania. There is a region in the centre that is controlled by the Hungarian party.

Edit: I would guess that Polish is challenging for second place in Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom