Editor Help

mizzile

Chieftain
Hi, I'm running version 1.29 of Civ 3 Complete, it didn't come with an editor, and EVERY download on other websites doesn't work (sends me to www.Brad-oliver.com ( or another one I forgot the name )).... Can anyone help :confused:

Hi, welcome :wavey:

1. You are NOT running version 1.29 of Civ3 Complete, as that does not exist. You are either running version 1.29 of an incredibly ancient release of Civ3 that was produced by MacSoft when God was a boy, or you are running the Aspyr software that was released about six years ago, and is not version 1.29.

2. If you are running the MacSoft version then there is probably only one editor that can help you. It was created by Brad Oliver, but it never made it to version 1.29. You would have to run version 1.21 to be compatible with it. You would also have to be running a *very* old version of Mac OS X. I really don't recommend that you spend time and effort on getting this to operate.

3. If you accept my advice you will ensure that you are running Aspyr's Civ4 Complete. If you get an old DVD, check that it is updated to Rev A using the updater you will find on Aspyr's web site. Then I suggest that you look for Quintillus' cross-platform Civ3 Conquests (C3C) editor, and take it from there.

Hi, welcome :wavey:

1. You are NOT running version 1.29 of Civ3 Complete, as that does not exist. You are either running version 1.29 of an incredibly ancient release of Civ3 that was produced by MacSoft when God was a boy, or you are running the Aspyr software that was released about six years ago, and is not version 1.29.

2. If you are running the MacSoft version then there is probably only one editor that can help you. It was created by Brad Oliver, but it never made it to version 1.29. You would have to run version 1.21 to be compatible with it. You would also have to be running a *very* old version of Mac OS X. I really don't recommend that you spend time and effort on getting this to operate.

3. If you accept my advice you will ensure that you are running Aspyr's Civ4 Complete. If you get an old DVD, check that it is updated to Rev A using the updater you will find on Aspyr's web site. Then I suggest that you look for Quintillus' cross-platform Civ3 Conquests (C3C) editor, and take it from there.

1. :p -- When I goto the version.txt file, in the text folder it shows -- 1.29f .... and I have the civ 3 complete disc -- now that I think about that.. it was made with aspyr

2. That saddens me, I wasted so much time

3. I have the Rev A , I have tried the C3 Conquests but I still wish to make maps.... last time I tried the editor from Quintillus it could barely edit the map.... -- and about the Civ4 Complete... that confuses me, if your implying I have civ 4, you are incorrect, of course I may be inferring that incorrectly...

So .... what I inferred, (i can't believe I left this out of the last post), is I'm running a too advanced version for the B-O version, running an aspyr version (don't know what that really means about anything), and need to try something that works with .BIQ files, and some .SAV files..... :confused: ......

EDIT ---
Just realized there is an edit button :/
Excuse for what sound ignorant, I don't mean to sound that way.

Quintillus' editor is the best option you have. Sorry about the reference to Civ4 - it should have been Civ3, of course.

Your only other choice is to run the Windows version of the Civ3 editor, but you need to be able to run Windows for that.

Top Bottom