DirectX 11 problems

SolidLiquid

Chieftain
Hi,

I have played Civ 5 on DirectX 11 for 714 hours but some reason its not possible to start the game with 11 anymore?

I could come around it for some time after making a shortcut to start with DirX11 but this doesnt work anymore.

Anyone who know the reason for this?

I have tryed to update, but i have the latest version of DirX and graphic card drivers.

Cheers

SolidLiquid

I've suddenly run into an issue with the DirectX 10/11 version of Civ V that the opening movie no longer plays (rather it plays, but the video itself is black/blank -- I can hear the audio still). I have not been playing Civ V regularly, in fact its been a couple months, about the only thing I can think of that is relevant and has changed since the last time I played is steam auto-updated my video drivers (AMD/ATi).

The opening video still plays in DirectX 9 mode.

I got a similar problem with DX11 a year ago and didn't bother at all to try to replay under this mode. Better to run under DX9 into multiplayer anyway and it's less buggy under DX9 too.

I have been running Direct X 11 on a geforce GT 430. My OS is vista 64 bit, and I am running 4 gigs. I am running an AMD Athelon II 2.6 CPU. I have no problem whatsoever, I do not have any of the new DLC, just Babylon. I wonder if the code in the newer DLC is causing trouble.

I have the newer DLC, on another computer, and it will work fine under Direct X 9, and then for no apparent reason it just refuses to load. After varifying and rebooting the computer a couple of times, then the game starts to work just fine again.

I still have a gut feeling that it is a memory leak issue and in the processes of loading the game into system memory it is finding ghost readings that freeze the game.

Technically this should not happen, windows itself and even rebooting the memory should clear random ghost. Is it possible that the game takes over too much control of hardware that even the OS cannnot clear certain memory areas out?

The only thing that keeps me going in this theory is the artifact "ghost" and the inability to refresh even video memory allowing all the corruption we can see when the game is playable. There is some video refresh, when one minimizes the game and re-opens it, but after a while it seems "corruption" works it's way back in.

Top Bottom