Jnes3, Fantasy

Hi everyone! I am starting yet another NES, but this one has a different ring to it, it's a fantasy NES, much like that of FANNES by WarlordMatt.

History

It was the year of turmoil. The elves have shifted from a super power to a race struggling for power, rivaling that of the Human Race now, in the Kingdom of Lenmen.

The elves have been through many kings unfit to rule the kingdom, and numerous wars with the Night Elves have proved devestating for race.

The Humans, on the other hand, have been prospering after their long war with the Demons, in which they won and banished the demons to Forbiddon island.

The dwarves, lying dorment most of history, are begining to open up their caves to visitors and are widening their horizon with actual feilds and cities.

The rest of the world have yet to proven themselves, and only time will tell what will happen in the future.

RULES

MONEY

Gaining money is a little different then that of JNES and UKNES. You recieve 5g per turn for a town, and 10g for a castle. You do

WHAT YOU MAY BUY

You may buy with your money the following:
Your special unit...10g
Regular Army...5g
Regular Navy...10g
A town in a province...5g
Castle...20g
Send it to another player for what every reason
Buy a trading fleet ...5g
Barracks...15g
Harbor...15g

MOVING
Unless specified by your special unit, all units may only move one sea/province a turn.

TRADING
For every nation you share a border with, you may sign a RTT and begin trading with, inwhich you will recieve an extra 1g that turn. RTT's last as long until war is claimed or one nation breaks it off. You may trade by sea as well, but requires the construction of a trading fleet. The trading fleet can be use as many times as you want, but it must reach another province with a harbor to trade.

Fighting is the same as JNES, if you want me to explain it, I will, but otherwise I won't.

LOADING UNLOADING

Loading and unloading does NOT take a units turn. You may unload and load as many times as you wish in one turn, but it must be done before a fleet moves.

BUILDING

There are four structure you may build, HARBOR, BARRACKS, CASTLE, and TOWN. A harbor may only be built on coastal provinces and allow for the construction of a fleet/trading fleet. Barracks all the contruction of armies/special units in that province inwhich it was built. Towns are what yu need to construct to claim a province. Castles are all three put together. Costs are above. To construct a castle, you must have a town, and either a barrack or a dock in that province. In order ot build a structure, you must have amilitary presence in the province. Only one structure can be built ina province at one turn, and building does NOT take a army/special unit's turn.

Militia is only present when there is a town/castle and acts like an army wth a -3 to defense

A Barracks provide a +2 to defense from a land attack, a dock +2 from a bombardment, and a castle +4 to any attack.

Bombardment from the sea can happen to any coastal province from an adjacent sea with the fleet in it. The bombardmet will hault any construction, and has a 1/3 chance to destroy the sturcture in the province, given there are no military troops in it. Every 2 armis/S.U. provide a +1 defense to bombardment.

There are 3 maps, one with names, one with provinces outlined, and one with numbers. The one with names will be updated whenever someone wants to add to it (you may, with your orders, ask me to name something on the map... i.e. Nem's forest...lol. To name something, you must own the province in which it is in). The Province map (w/o numbers) is what will be updated every day (or so I will try). This will show the castles and units etc. on them. The map with numbers is to provide you wti ha way to submit orders and talk amongst yourselves.

Ok, everyone starts out with a Castle in their province and 10g from it. Good Luck!

Demons (95) Uknemesis
Special Unit: Dragon Rider
Attack +1
Defense +1 (if in mountains)
*Need to be made in a Mountain Region
*Can cross oceans

Elves (10) Toasty
Special Unit: Archer
Defense +1
Attack +1 (if in forest)
*Need’s wood resource

Night Elves (54)
Special Unit: Dark Swordsman
Attack +1
Defense +1 (if in home forest)
*Needs mountain resource

Goblins (91)
Special Unit: Barbarian
Attack: +1
Defense: +2 (in capital)

Dwarves (77) Trade/Warrior
Special Unit: Axe man
Defense +1
Attack + 1 (in mountains)

Humans (63) RoddyVR
Special Unit: Horseman
Move 2 provinces a turn in grassland
*needs Grassland resource

Orc (40) .:KNAS:.
Special Unit: Orc Raider
Attack +1
Attack +1 (when it’s a surprise attack)

Mages (25)
Special Unit: Magician
Attack +1
Defense +1 (in capital)

Holy Empire (priests) (85) IceEye
Special Unit: Crusader
Attack +2 (when attacking a non-human race)

Centaurs (20) Demetrias
Special Unit: Satyr (name suggestions?)
Attack +1
Can move 2 mountain provinces

Allright, ill be the Orcs....

And i would also like to rename 'Human Range' to 'Bugger Off'. Seing as it is in my Capital it shouldn`t be named Human Range...

If it cant be named 'Bugger Off', call it 'Orc Pass'

Oh, and BTW, nice map you got there:)

To: Dwarfes, Mages

Suggestion for map
Holy Empire: 81-88, 15, 56
Dwarfes: 70-71, 73-80
Goblins: 66, 68-69, 89-92, 72, 28, 41

Please contact me

The Demons claim all of Forbidden Island as their own. Anyone who attempts to take part of my island will die a horrible death.

Nemesis

I will be Pan god of the Centaurs, Satyr and other magical and half-human animals. As leader of the Centaur alliance i claim the lands of End mountains.

To: The Demons
I see you went and got yourself a nice little island there, but it is a bit small isn`t it? Being as it is, that we Orcs are evil and all that, we realize the need for a Dark Overlord like yourself to seize more land. So we offer our hand in friendship, and hope that those goody-two-shoes Humans get what`s coming for them.

/ooc DANG, i aint even started looking at the map yet, and already there are people threatening me :D
if it keeps up like this, this will be a GREAT game.
this 2 map concept is gonna be hard to get used to.
now to figure out who is where :lol:

Great everyone, this looks like its going to be fun! I just noticed something terirbly wrong! The map has no Sea's!!! I will be deleted the ones up there and will add them down here. Sorry for the inconvineice.

Nem: How do I make two maps in one post? I will wait until you respond so I don't make two posts again.

Also, if someone dosnt send in orders, I will bank as much as gold as I can (there is a 10g limit in this NES as well), and that will be it, unless of course the person is on vacation or has an excuse. You must warn me ahead one turn, though.

jason, some questions (you getting tired of me yet? :lol: )
so where do we get resources?
the only way i can understand how that works is that only barracks/castiles on the right type of terrain can build the spec units. is that right?

what is i sea territory? its all one big territory as far as i can see. is there lines missing?

is the orks spec realy +2 when suprising, or should one of those '+1 attack' be defence? (just making sure)

territories that have 2 terrain types (39, 46...) which type are they, or both???

Cross borders? 63 to 37, 28 to 69. one move or 2?

i would like to know the combat system (as its now used in 2 of games i'm in)

just out of curiosity, how come no one started on the NW island?

well i cant think of any more right now, but you can expect them soon ;)

RoddyVR

good idea about that absenty ruler thing. :D

cant you edit posts to put different pictures into them? (never tried) why make new posts, it will be confusing for people who want to read the game later, 'where are the maps?' kind of thing.

BTW, I made it so hopefully there will be at least 2 superpowers, in which everyone might despise and go after, to start war...lol. JNES2 ihas yet to see ANY action, so we need some sort of booster!

-Jason

Not tired of you at all Roddy! I'm glad I get all these questions at once so I don't have any confusion in the game!

so where do we get resources?
Very simple, you get resources if one of your provinces has it in it. You can have just one province with it, but you get an unlimited supply (to make it simple).

what is i sea territory? its all one big territory as far as i can see. is there lines missing?
Funny story, I should tell you some time...(lol)

is the orks spec realy +2 when suprising, or should one of those '+1 attack' be defence? (just making sure)
No, it is a +1 attack, no bonus for defense for the orc people. So if it is a suprise attack, it would be a +2.

territories that have 2 terrain types (39, 46...) which type are they, or both???
They are both

Cross borders? 63 to 37, 28 to 69. one move or 2?
2, you msut go through the adjacent territories first.

i would like to know the combat system (as its now used in 2 of games i'm in)
Ok, here it goes. It is actually VERY MUCH like Nem's system, but I use a d20, and the middle number is 10. When an attack is atacking (lets say 1 army to another army), the attacker must roll from 11 through 20 to kill. If the defender has a +1 defense, the attacker would have to role 12-20, and reversed for an attack bonus. If both have a special attribute (+1 attack, +1 defense), then they cancel eachother out. I do this system until all armies have died on either side, or as specified by the attacker.
For militia, I add a +3 attack to the attackers.

just out of curiosity, how come no one started on the NW island?
Actually, that used to not be there, I added it later on because I thought that there would be high tensions in the west, and so I could make provinces big enough to fit the cancel and hella of a lot of armies.

was doing my first order and realized another question.
any upkeep on armies/fleets/spec units?

I'm not sure how that workd either, editing the pictures, I know I used to do it, but when I tried to do it for JNES, it didn't work.

Next turn will be tomorrow morn, probly 10:00 am or so, PST.

Top Bottom