Hulfgar's Modpack

Hulfgars Modpack Embarkation Mod v2 (Mediafire)
Spoiler :
Remove the embarkation promotions.
Allows land units to embark on transport ships (except great people, at this time they cannot be loaded)
4 transport ships (Antik, Medieval, Renaissance and Industrial)
Allows the stacking of 2 units per tile.
Promotion Cargo Carrier (5 units can be loaded on the ship).
Promotion Naval Aviation (will heal a plane on a carrier of 3 hp per turn)
Promotion Triage : troops in the landing Ship Dock will heal 1 hp per turn.
Maybe it has been already asked, but Idon't remember : does the AI handle the embarkation mod ?

Hello Gedemon,

from the feedback I had the AI doesn't know how to handle this mod, which is not a big surprise.

I didn't use it personnally, but I coul try a game on a archipelago if you want to be sure.

don't bother, I'll find another way then :)

Hulfgar, if I understood how to Mod Civ 5 I would help you out, but sadly I know very little about it. I helped do mods with Civ 3 and Civ 4, Civ 4 not as much as Civ 3, years ago when Elucidius and I were good friends still. :)

I look forward to Embarkation being removed from Civ 5, either by you or maybe with DLC they seem to be milking us with now. They removed all the cool features of the Civ series and now create DLC and expansions with these features to milk our hard earned $ it seems. :( :rolleyes:

Hello Kitsune,
if I understood how to Mod Civ 5 I would help you out

If you know xml you sure can help, even if the help I need is more with Lua.

Currently this is were I am :
most of the now needed changes require Lua coding, I'm still trying to understand this...

I am working on some icons, trying to fill all the gaps for the cosmetic side of the mod.

With "Gods and Kings" coming I think that I will mostly polish the current mod.
When the expansion is released I will convert the mod for it and then see what can be added.

hey removed all the cool features of the Civ series and now create DLC and expansions with these features to milk our hard earned $ it seems.

That's how I see it :(
And I think that's the reason why the DLL has not been released yet : modders would have modded the feature we are missing and Firaxis would have sold less expansion's pack.

Hi Hulfgar,
i just discovered a little minor problem with the roman: tank M13-40 looks like a unit of spearmen with strength 50, but after i upgraded to heavy tank P-26/40 it's look like a tank again.

Really Good mod. I have a suggestion that has really been bugging me from the first time I played Civ 5.

We new the hole map before the discovery of satellites. So I suggest a discovery of cartographer that explores the whole map like the satellites do (maybe in the flight technology...) and the satellites reveal the whole map forever, meaning no more fog.

Hulfgar, which is the latest version of this mod? I d/l the one in the first post after you said you were going to fix not being able to rebase the Junkers (Spain).

However, when I used it not only was the problem there but also the attack with the BF 109 showed a visual of men running across the ground. This was a problem that you had fixed sometime previously. (unless it was for another Civilization).

Cheers

Hello Cicerosaurus,

latest version is 10.3.

I still have to update it for the problem with the Junker, sorry I was really busy lately :(

I will look into it today, same for the BF109 problem (I know I have solved this one some time ago but that may be in the Industrial Modpack).

A release should be ready for wednesday.

Hello Shimmy,
The idea is interesting, however :
We new the whole map before the discovery of satellites.
I am not sure that inner Afrika was well known until after WWII.

But I think I could make a recon aircraft with large range and no combat use.
This way you could use this asset to discover the map and the satellite would be used to keep an eye on everything.

Hello Hulfgar. Thanks for reading my suggestion.
The recon aircraft would work like a scout or just give a 5(6,7...) hex range visibility over each city? I guess that could work also.

Hello Shimmy,

The recon aircraft would work like a scout or just give a 5(6,7...) hex range visibility over each city?

It depends of how you think it should work/be used :

To explore the map : then I should make it like a scout. It would be a land unit hovering like the heli but with the ability to go over sea and mountains.
it would be vulnerable to other land units as well.

To keep an eye over an area : it would work like other aircraft, with greater view range and no combat capabilities.

Wasn't it in BTS that aircraft had a recon capability? I find it extraordinary that that capability has been removed. That an aircraft can't go into enemy space because a ground unit can't see it beggars belief. It should work the other way- an aircraft should be able to view terrain so ground units know where to go.

an aircraft should be able to view terrain so ground units know where to go

they can in Civ V but it's a static ability : they have a range of view from their basis.

In BTS you had to send the aircraft in recon mission. I agree that it was better.

Hi all,

I have updated the modmod for users of the Spain/Inca DLC. Now the Ju88 should be able to rebase.

Version 5 of this part is here.

What up Hulfgar. Glad to see you're still going strong. I look forward to returning to civ v (your mod) when it's updated for gods and kings. I've spent far too many months dedicated to fitness and must now return to self-induced pudginess.

btw, did you ever get in on the beta?

Does the latest stable version of this mod (10.3) still work after the latest game updates?

Top Bottom