Altered Maps 3: The rise of the Basque Empire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastOne36

Deity
Altered Maps 2: Uber-Yugoslavia FTW
Altered Maps

I'll update the first post with my blank maps to use as reference in a second, i just have to reupload them again.

Spoiler :

Just right click, copy the image, and paste it on paint/photoshop/whatever and start your twisted ideas for the world :)

More blank maps will become available throughout the coarse of the next few months.

Been doing a bit of AH musings lately...

PoD: Napoleonic Wars turned out more favourably for the French
Red: The Seventh Coalition (CSA, Japan joined later)
Blue: The Triple Entente (Spain, France, Russia) and the Continental Alliance

The borders of the German Empire superimposed on the results of the Polish parliamentary election, 2007.

The borders of the German Empire superimposed on the results of the Polish parliamentary election, 2007.

Interesting, although i don't think it has much to do with Germany's past borders, as that was near a 100 years ago.

An Interesting map though is the one with Ukraine under former Polish borders, i think it says much more. (can anyone find that map)

Been doing a bit of AH musings lately...

PoD: Napoleonic Wars turned out more favourably for the French
Red: The Seventh Coalition (CSA, Japan joined later)
Blue: The Triple Entente (Spain, France, Russia) and the Continental Alliance
wat

lolwut France keeping western Germany incredibly easily

Interesting, although i don't think it has much to do with Germany's past borders, as that was near a 100 years ago.

An Interesting map though is the one with Ukraine under former Polish borders, i think it says much more. (can anyone find that map)

Come on, the correlation is so strong and startling that it must be legitimate.

Most of that was German just 64 years ago ;)

Most of that was German just 64 years ago ;)

Yes for 6 years of war. The whole impact of Germany to us then was to destroy us.

Come on, the correlation is so strong and startling that it must be legitimate.

Then what is it proving? What can you inference from it then? For example, in the Ukraine in former Polish borders map, your can obviosuly see that Poland's impact on it's former Ukrainian areas is that we imposed Western Values, and you can see that even now in Ukraine's western/pro-russian divide.

I think Squonk said something awhile back, in the other thread. I'll try to dig it up.

Yes for 6 years of war. The whole impact of Germany to us then was to destroy us.

Most of it was German during the inter-war period

I'm not trying to excuse German atrocities, just state facts

Most of it was German during the inter-war period

I'm not trying to excuse German atrocities, just state facts

Still, it had barely any impact on Poland afterwards. (I mean what the Germans left behind) They didn't build much in our lands besides Gdansk and Silesia, but Gdansk and Silesia were always very industrialized due to their importance, and the same proccess would've happened if left under Polish rule.

It would be interesting to see if this correlation exists through the past. If it does, it seems clear that German rule left a social mark different than Russia and Polish inter-war rule in those regions.

What or why I have no idea (I don't even know what those parties are). There are also likely other factors, but something appears to be there.

This is an east vs west thing, not a used-to-be-germangerman vs non-german thing.

Makes sense in a way though, doesn't it? German imperialism brought Western influences to the conquered areas - in this case, Western Poland - and, through trade, Warsaw. Russia probably had more influence on Eastern Poland, creating the east-west divide.

Makes sense in a way though, doesn't it? German imperialism brought Western influences to the conquered areas - in this case, Western Poland - and, through trade, Warsaw. Russia probably had more influence on Eastern Poland, creating the east-west divide.

Yeah except that the Germans (and to a smaller extent the Soviets) pretty much blew everything up in WW2.

After WW2 all the Germans left and were replaced with Poles from the east.

Sometimes stuff lines up. People who draw correlations between the two maps are likely to see Jesus in their toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom