King of the Hill: Extremely Fast Senario

hIdDeN_eViL

{кοтоя дѕѕαѕѕїй}²
KING OF THE HILL

this is the first senario i've made. i've been playing this for at least 8 months, but could never bother getting it on civfanatics until now.

King of the Hill is a very fast game (shouldn't take more than 20 minute to play). You compete on a tiny island with 7 other players as well as strong barbarians, to contorl the mountain at the centre for as long as possible.
Basically, all the rules are preserved, however 2 units have been added. Neither can be built.
The civlopedia has more info.

I'd really appreciae feedback. Be nice.. its my first :)

anyways, please download, try, and tell me what u think. even if it doesn't sound too interesting now, downloading only take a few seconds, and gameplay is only about 15 minutes, so u might as well.
thanks

hIdDeN eViL

Attachments

• Preview.jpg
    Preview.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 594
  • King of the Hill v1-00.zip
    253.6 KB · Views: 294
Good scenario! :goodjob:

I played as Sumeria. Because it was Monarch level game AI had advantage at start and they captured all silent statues. Rome was first civ to secure VP point.
I declared war against India to capture their silent statue.
After that I declared gainst rome to capture VP location. I was able to capture it but soon Japanese SoD moved next to my capital and they sneak attacked me!
Well Ur survived even though last defender had only 2 hp.
After that I had numerous wars and I was able to capture one more silent statue.
I also got few avatars and those guys have really powerful bombard ability. It's a shame that they disappear after the use of it.
Later game slowed down because everyone was bankrupt.
Finally I won. Victory took 45 minutes and 6 seconds.
Next time I'll be faster :)

45min!!!!
but then i've only tested on regent with equal footing.... took me 24min max.

thanks for playing.

i like playing Inca in this senario, their UU has a huge advantage in this map

hIdDeN_eViL said:
39 downloads and 2 comments?
pls.. more feedback

A little bit of patient, man! :crazyeye:

It's simple and straight to the point. But it's hard. After I've built my 1st proud warrior, Rome already had a whole bunch of warriors... and since they are so close, it isn't easy to produce units to defend your city, let alone gather troops to go and conquer the center mountain!

What is the Avatar and the Silent Statue? The AI is getting them all, whatever they are!

ya, a bit tricky!

The first game I got trashed pretty quick, or more accurately I made a war without adequate preparation and got trashed.

For some reason my cities didnt have their name bars. Well, the first two (mine and the first I conquered) babylon, the 3rd I conqured, had a name.

It was kind of entertaining. took me about 1 hour to beat. I was slightly sad that I had a VP win before I could finish crushing the romans though ;)

I stuck a spearman on the hill, and then just sat there until I won....The AI didn't even try to stop me......This was on Regent difficulty too, where the AI is normally at least smart enough to declare war when you'r close to winning....

thanx for the comments all!!!! :goodjob:

Luthor_Saxburg said:
A little bit of patient, man! :crazyeye:

It's simple and straight to the point. But it's hard. After I've built my 1st proud warrior, Rome already had a whole bunch of warriors... and since they are so close, it isn't easy to produce units to defend your city, let alone gather troops to go and conquer the center mountain!

What is the Avatar and the Silent Statue? The AI is getting them all, whatever they are!
what level are you playing? it get realli hard past regent cos AI get heaps of extra units. Check the civlopedia for info on the new units.

azzacanth said:
For some reason my cities didnt have their name bars. Well, the first two (mine and the first I conquered) babylon, the 3rd I conqured, had a name.

It was kind of entertaining. took me about 1 hour to beat. I was slightly sad that I had a VP win before I could finish crushing the romans though
the bug with citie names is because of the small map size... i noticed it b4 but forgot to mention it. i cnt think of a way of fixing it unless someone wants to make it bigger.

hmmm... the point of the game is to win by VP, not conquest (though obviously that an option)

i cant believ it is taking ppl that long... must be playing on higher than regent.
(when i moved higher than regent, i kept on getting killed... AI attacks my cities, not just the Mountain, i wasn't prepared)
The Omega said:
I stuck a spearman on the hill, and then just sat there until I won....The AI didn't even try to stop me......This was on Regent difficulty too, where the AI is normally at least smart enough to declare war when you'r close to winning....
hmmm.... nvr happened to me. they always attack.
plus i revved up AI agression to max for all races, so i dont know what happened?!?!?!?

THANKS ALL FOR PLAYING!!! :crazyeye: :goodjob:

BACKGROUND
==========
Game: King of the Hill
Level: Demi-God

This Scenario was EXTREMLY DIFFICULT for me. I tried playing it simple for around 4 times and came out humiliated! :sad:
After I builded my proud 1st warrior my neighbours would have already around 8 units!

So I decided to take a "serious" approach to it. I tried 3 times and lost. What you see below is the documented story of the 4th King of the Hill.
(my 8th game in total)

CIVILIZATION
============
Situation:
- Short length scenario
- No apparent iron (at least from previous failed attempts)

I wanted a Civ which had the UU in Anchient Times, preferably in the beginning. 8 Civ's applied => I chose GREECE.

STARTING POSITION
=================
I cheated! I wanted a city with 2 goody hunties, so I tried until I've got it.
#tries: 5 => got something similar to the picture attached.

[PICTURE SHOULD BE HERE -> how to locate pictures in the text?]

GAME TIMELINE
=============

T1- Founded Athens
Got Masonry + 25gp from goody hunties
Research at 100% => Archers Tech

T3- Produce 1st warrior
Change Alpha for Pottery+8gp

T9- Got Archers Tech => research writing
[NOTE: I should have stopped researched after archers!]
I now have 2 workers, 1 warrior, 1 Hop
Netherlands (center holder) has 500 VP's

T37- Athens has barracks
Units: 1 worker, 7 archers, 4 hop, 1 warrior
NL has the center and 2600 VP's
When I deny France's request for money => war!

T40- I attack the Center. 8 Archers vs 2 Spearman
VICTORY! Immediatly advance to the Center with 2 Hop + 1archer

T41- I got writing but no $ for embassies
when I deny Germany request for money => war!

T44- GA when counter-attacking Germany

T49- Germany has 7 archers at my gates. However they accept PEACE giving
me 3 Techs!!! I make PEACE with NL (simple) and Eng (I give 10gp, they give horseback)

T50- Ottomomans require 20gp. I refuse. War!

T56- NL require 20gp. I refuse. War!
I make peace with the Ottomans. They give 1 Tech

T65 - Peace with NL (they give 1 worker)

T78- Celts require 20gp. I refuse. War!

T79- Russia require 20gp. I pay...
MGL from an archer attack! NO, it's not a MGL.. it's an Avatar... what?!
He attacked and died... are they suicidal bombers?! :eek:

T81- French require 20gp. I refuse. War!

T82 - I WIN!!! :D

I AM FINNALLY KING OF THE HILL!

The scenario is a military simple and difficult one, oriented for the warmongers who want war with a few units, and where the horseman is the "military state of the art" (due to the lack of iron).

I've enjoyed playing it. A lot was to do with the high level of difficulty... it became an interesting challenge (I couldn't stop playing until I "got it right")!

I meant to write down the time I'd take, but I played one after the other until I won, spending actually several hours in this scenario. My impression is that it took me much more than 15 min. I would say around 45min.

What is a pity is the AI as he gets no clue about the CRUCIAL importance of the valuable center. Netherlands (NL) got there and stayed there for a while. Probably would have stayed until the end of the game if I didn't remove him from there. Once I got hold of the center, I never got out. Even though I had a few wars (and sometimes even had as little as 1 regular Hoplite there) they NEVER attacked me. So, once you get hold of it, you have a high high chance of winning the game, unless you lose the capital city.
It would be interesting to play it against humans!

I have enjoyed the challenge and the warmonger fast scenario (and specially enjoyed it because it's I was able to meet my goal ->win). After achieving what I wanted, I do think I will not play it again in the near future.

Thank you, hIdDeN_eViL, for this enjoyable "King Of The Hill" warmonging evening. :goodjob:

Great looking scenario! I don't have time to play it now, but it sounds like it would be better to play against another human, than the AI.

I dont know why you guys lack iron. I had iron when I played it. It was my impression that every other city with hills had iron, and the others had horses. So around the edge of the map you would have one city with iron, one city with mountains, one city with horses, one city with horses...etc. But I didnt explore the whole map so I dont know.

azzacanth said:
oh another thing, how many silent statues should there be? There ended up being 2 only. Maybe the AI disbanded them?
i have tried to make sure tht the statues survive....

there is only ONE situation where they wont. An unguarded AI or Human controlled statue attacked by barbs. It will destroy the statue.
In NO OTHER SITUATION WILL THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

@luther
iron is there.. so is horse
Iron has 4 appearances, next to two of the hill starting locations
horse has 4 appearances, next to the other two hill locations
The central Mountain (with the vp) even has saltpeter (though i think it is imposible to play that long)

@goof
although i haven't tried... this senario was originally intented to be multiplayer

Hmm wel the ai's are pretty dumb so it happens not infrequently I guess.

The other thing is that the AI will regularly disband units for no apparent reason..? Maybe lack of $. Saw the ottomans send 3 swords in a row into the center and have them disband halfway across.

azzacanth said:
Hmm wel the ai's are pretty dumb so it happens not infrequently I guess.

The other thing is that the AI will regularly disband units for no apparent reason..? Maybe lack of $. Saw the ottomans send 3 swords in a row into the center and have them disband halfway across.
could be lack of money.... never thought of that. having one city means not much gold.....i guess

@luther again
obviously this would be hard if u play on demi-god. each AI start with over 6 extra units and plenty of defence.
it would be alot fast on a lower dif level.
and Avartars can attack, defend, are fast, have xtra hp and can suicide to kill (very strong suicide)

btw... it looks sooooooo different in ur scrnshot. im to use to playing with alternate terrain graphics

Top Bottom