Somnium Cards

Jabie

Wanted in Monte Carlo...
Any plans to release the artwork in .doc or .pdf format for Somnium so people can print them out and play the game away from FfH?

Also, what about adding a play vs. a courtier option for when the rest of the world has gone to war with you?

I don't think any of the artwork is original (well, the 3D ingame art is). The picures are all taken from popular Fantasy Artists. If you want to find some of the artwork, search under theoriginal artists credited by Kael.

A huge thanks to the artists I shamelessly cut tiny pieces of art from to make all of the icons and graphics used in this mod. Justin Sweet, Brom, Don Maitz, Keith Parkinson, etc etc are all amazing and contributed (unknowingly) not only the amazing art, but inspiration for a fantasy world through their work. Several icons are used from the GuildWars game for their clear evocative style.

Some of the songs heard in this mod are from the Eclipse Mod for Half-life 2 and Arcanum. There are also tracks from Might and Magic 7 and Disciples 2. Additionally there are small cuts (5-30 seconds) of songs from Enya and Cirque du Soleil throughout the mod.

There are a few pics from Jason Engle in there. But most of them are from the amazing Stephanie Pui-Law.

On a related note, it is possible to play Somnium against each other over the internet, look at the link in the #erebus message of the day. It is important to use the FireFox browser for this to work.

There are a few pics from Jason Engle in there. But most of them are from the amazing Stephanie Pui-Law.
Someone should tell Stephanie and Jason and whoever designed the game itself to get together and release a Somnium deck. It really is a good game and stands on its own. They are seriously missing out on a nitche market here. They should start a thread to see how much interest there might be.

Has anyone played Pazaak in Knights of the Old Republic II? Thats another great card game. The one in the first Knights of the Old Republic was a little unfair since the player always went first, but KotOR2 really polished it up nicely.

Yeah, both Jason and Stephanie do great work (Jason's a pretty cool guy in person too ;P).

Both of them also do a fair bit of CCG artwork, for some of the lesser known games like Warlord, Legend of the 5 Rings, etc. Jason does the Sphener art for instance (the model is based on it as far as I can tell). 'Course he called it 'Uriel's Mail' originally.

It really is a great little game; I'll frequently challenge a civ just to experience the artwork, listen to the music, and maybe change Basiums' opinion of me. A really awsome addition.

Hi, I loved somnium and wanted to print the cards so I can play it with my friends, but I can't seem to extract the files from the .fpk
Is there anyway someone could upload an archive with the pics in it?

Hi, I loved somnium and wanted to print the cards so I can play it with my friends, but I can't seem to extract the files from the .fpk
Is there anyway someone could upload an archive with the pics in it?

Here are the contents of art\somnium (in the .fpk file) converted from .dds to .jpg. It is from a few versions back, but I don't think it has been changed.

Edit: hmm...it looks like I accidentally zipped the whole folder, so you have the original .dds's too.

On a related note, it is possible to play Somnium against each other over the internet, look at the link in the #erebus message of the day. It is important to use the FireFox browser for this to work.

Could anyone post that link here? I can't find it, or the erebus message of the day for that matter.

Thank you for the link.

Now to play somnium with someone :)
EDIT: can you make it print friendly please (and fit on regular playing cards?)

The attached file is a pdf of the cards needed to play. If you have a printer that duplexes, just have it duplex normally and everything should line up correctly. Of course, if you print this on regular paper then they are very flimsy, but the backing prevents anyone from being able to see what is on the other side unless you hold it up to the light. Your printer may be able to print on card stock. If not, you can print the pages, then using a spray adhesive, stick the sheet on a piece of card stock, and once it has dried, cut the cards out. If you line up the paired pages, the images should line front to back properly. Enjoy!

edit: The conversion to jpg and then further conversion to pdf has caused some noticeable artifacting. Sorry.

Attachments

• SomniumZ.pdf
    466.2 KB · Views: 890
Top Bottom