Civilization V G&K: Pantheon Button Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilhelmNabla

Chieftain
Hi everybody!
I'm playin' with Civilization V G&K for the first time (bought today the expansion): when I reach the faith threshold condition for creatin' a new Pantheon the yellow button shows up but when I try to click on it nothing happens..
How can I create a Pantheon, then?

Thank you for every solution :)

WilhelmNabla

Hi everybody!
I'm playin' with Civilization V G&K for the first time (bought today the expansion): when I reach the faith threshold condition for creatin' a new Pantheon the yellow button shows up but when I try to click on it nothing happens..
How can I create a Pantheon, then?

Thank you for every solution :)

WilhelmNabla

You might be able to found a pantheon under the religion tab at the top. Are you playing on a large map with a lot of players, by chance? If all of the pantheons are already founded, then you won't be able to found one yourself.

You might be able to found a pantheon under the religion tab at the top. Are you playing on a large map with a lot of players, by chance? If all of the pantheons are already founded, then you won't be able to found one yourself.

Thanks for the answer: is there any chance to know how many pantheon can be founded in each game?

Two more questions:
-Where is the religion tab? There is no icon showin' at the top...
-When I move the mouse over the faith icon, it says that there are 7 more religions avaiable to be founded... And during the game I recieved two notification of choice of religious enhancements...

WilhelmNabla

Thanks for the answer: is there any chance to know how many pantheon can be founded in each game?

Two more questions:
-Where is the religion tab? There is no icon showin' at the top...
-When I move the mouse over the faith icon, it says that there are 7 more religions avaiable to be founded... And during the game I recieved two notification of choice of religious enhancements...

WilhelmNabla

I honestly don't know how many pantheons can be founded. I think it's 12 but I'm not sure. Ppl have complained about it b/c if you play huge maps, high difficulty, the AI spams out every pantheon waaaaaaaay before you have a shot at it.

- The religion tab doesn't get a seperate icon. If you click the little icon next to the where the espionage icon will be, a drop down menu shows and you can access it there.
- Ok so you found a religion with a great phrophet. Then later on, when you spam another prophet, you can use it to pick a religious enhancement. what has happened here is that some AI have founded religions, while 2 AI have founded religions AND enhanced them.

Every religion, enhancement belief, pantheon belief, etc. can only be picked once by one civ. In other words, if the AI's found all of the religions before you, then you can't found one. And if you found a religion after everyone, you might not get to pick good beliefs b/c they have all been taken.

I honestly don't know how many pantheons can be founded. I think it's 12 but I'm not sure. Ppl have complained about it b/c if you play huge maps, high difficulty, the AI spams out every pantheon waaaaaaaay before you have a shot at it.

- The religion tab doesn't get a seperate icon. If you click the little icon next to the where the espionage icon will be, a drop down menu shows and you can access it there.
- Ok so you found a religion with a great phrophet. Then later on, when you spam another prophet, you can use it to pick a religious enhancement. what has happened here is that some AI have founded religions, while 2 AI have founded religions AND enhanced them.

Every religion, enhancement belief, pantheon belief, etc. can only be picked once by one civ. In other words, if the AI's found all of the religions before you, then you can't found one. And if you found a religion after everyone, you might not get to pick good beliefs b/c they have all been taken.

Hi again.
There is no icon shown where you have told to be one: there are only the three major Icons which there were also in civ V (diplomacy, councelors, culture) and the menu with all the panels.
This is the screen I got. (look at the atthached file)
No great prophet pops up when I reach the faith threshold.
The yellow button "found a pantheon" doesn't work.

Any Ideas?

Attachments

• Senza nome.jpg
    Senza nome.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 670
Hi again.
There is no icon shown where you have told to be one: there are only the three major Icons which there were also in civ V (diplomacy, councelors, culture) and the menu with all the panels.
This is the screen I got. (look at the atthached file)
No great prophet pops up when I reach the faith threshold.
The yellow button "found a pantheon" doesn't work.

Any Ideas?

It's the little scroll button next to the policy icon. Sorry, I couldn't remember what icon was on the button, your screenshot helped alot. When you click the scroll, a drop down menu will appear. click the religion overview option.

You can manually buy the great phrophet in the city 'buy unit' menu with faith. I'm not sure why the found a pantheon doesn't work, but I really think it might have to do with all of them being taken. Or it's bugged. I do know when you buy a great prophet, one of their 'movement' buttons is to found a religion/enhance a religion. Can't remember if found a pantheon is another button. Try and buy a great prophet and see.

It's the little scroll button next to the policy icon. Sorry, I couldn't remember what icon was on the button, your screenshot helped alot. When you click the scroll, a drop down menu will appear. click the religion overview option.

You can manually buy the great phrophet in the city 'buy unit' menu with faith. I'm not sure why the found a pantheon doesn't work, but I really think it might have to do with all of them being taken. Or it's bugged. I do know when you buy a great prophet, one of their 'movement' buttons is to found a religion/enhance a religion. Can't remember if found a pantheon is another button. Try and buy a great prophet and see.

Hello again.
In the additional information scroll there isn't any option named "religion overwiew".
Moreover, in the "buy unit" menu the Great Prophet doesn't appear as an avaiable unit.

I'm still thinking that this is a bug... Because it's hard to believe that each and every single religion has been taken in such a short amount of time (127 turns)...

It's a bug, maybe it occurs only when play with Bysanthium (Theodora): I'll check it for Boudica...

If there's no religion overview in the dropdown menu, I think you have a problem. Show us a screenshot.
Are you using mac or pc?
If pc, go to main menu of civ, click on DLC, and check that gods and kings is ticked.
If it is, You may want to go to steam and verify the integrity of your game files before rebooting civ. See if this solves your problem.
If mac, I'm not sure but try some of the above

Hello again.
In the additional information scroll there isn't any option named "religion overwiew".
Moreover, in the "buy unit" menu the Great Prophet doesn't appear as an avaiable unit.

I'm still thinking that this is a bug... Because it's hard to believe that each and every single religion has been taken in such a short amount of time (127 turns)...

It's a bug, maybe it occurs only when play with Bysanthium (Theodora): I'll check it for Boudica...

Yeah it's sounding like a bug. If you want, you can post a thread in the bugs section of G&K. they will ask you to post a save if you know how (i don't so I can't tell you :()

Sorry i couldn't be of more help :(

If there's no religion overview in the dropdown menu, I think you have a problem. Show us a screenshot.
Are you using mac or pc?
If pc, go to main menu of civ, click on DLC, and check that gods and kings is ticked.
If it is, You may want to go to steam and verify the integrity of your game files before rebooting civ. See if this solves your problem.
If mac, I'm not sure but try some of the above

I'm using a PC, and yes, the G&K DLC is ticked.
It's strange, but in my library Civilization V doesn't appear... I don't know why :confused: (take a look at the attached file)

EDIT: ****, what a noobiness... =_=

Attachments

• Senza nome2.jpg
    Senza nome2.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 351
In that screenshot you have your library set to display "Tools" instead of "Games".

Hello again: This is the screenshot of what I got.
As you can see, no "Religion overview" appears in the Additional information scroll.
I checked the integrity of the cache and files.. Nothing was reported in...

Attachments

• Screenshot A.jpg
    Screenshot A.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot B.jpg
    Screenshot B.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 273
I think you might have a bug on your hands

The rules for Pantheon state that once a Religion has been Enhanced no more Pantheons can be founded. This rule is exempt if the number of Pantheon is lower than the max number of actual religions (if single religion has been Enhanced). So if the max no. of religions is 4 and the number of pantheons is 5, once one of the four religion is enhanced no mor epantheons will be founded.

I think you might have a bug on your hands

The rules for Pantheon state that once a Religion has been Enhanced no more Pantheons can be founded. This rule is exempt if the number of Pantheon is lower than the max number of actual religions (if single religion has been Enhanced). So if the max no. of religions is 4 and the number of pantheons is 5, once one of the four religion is enhanced no mor epantheons will be founded.

Thanks for the answer.
I'd like to know if there is any way of knowing how many pantheons can be active in a single game; and if anyone has encountered this problem...

Is that a scenario? What is that unit in your city? You're also missing the Espionage view screen in the menu drop-down.

Try clicking on the white dove (61 + 2) area

There is a second way to open the Religion Overview - on the top bar, is you click where it says ":c5faith: 61 (+2)" (in this case), that should also open the Religion Overview... The same can be done for the Social Policies Screen (you'd press where it says ":c5culture: 27/435 (+4)" to open it) and I think the Choose a Tech screen (":c5science: +9")...
If that doesn't open the Religion Overview, then there's a serious problem going on - have you tried a different save? Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the game?

Edit: Ninja'd XD

Is that a scenario? What is that unit in your city? You're also missing the Espionage view screen in the menu drop-down.

Try clicking on the white dove (61 + 2) area

Yes, it is a modded scenario: I've added a Janissary at the beginning of the map (never moved it though).

Notification: strange.. I've changed the language from Italian to English, and this is what I got (new game, with Boudica)
Odd...

Attachments

• Senza nome D.jpg
    Senza nome D.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 226
Is that the *same* scenario or not? Because I suspect you just made two changes (Scenario -> Not Scenario and Italian -> English) and it's actually the scenario which is interfering with your game.

Is that the *same* scenario or not? Because I suspect you just made two changes (Scenario -> Not Scenario and Italian -> English) and it's actually the scenario which is interfering with your game.

Hi.
Che first change (Scenario - not scenario) was made to check if was the scenario to cause any problems. That "bug" persists even if I started a normal game.
To verify if the change of language worked, I reloaded the previous scenario.
I managed successfully to create a pantheon. This is the screenshot of what I got: notic the white bolt at the right of "Costantinople" and the presence of "Religion Overwiew" in the "Additional info" scroll

:)

Attachments

• Screenshot E.jpg
    Screenshot E.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 231
Hi again.
It seems that the change of language has ceased to work: when I start a new game, clickin' on :c5faith: doesn't open the religious overwiew page anymore...
:sad::sad::sad:

EDIT: it seems that some files keep being deleted either from the cache or the game directory: I checked the game for its integrity, and it was notified that 1 file had to be re-downloaded and validated. After that the game goes on without any errors (religious overwiew and espionage ow. are displayed correctly...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom