[BtS] - Updates and progress

xmls I think are fully loading now so the xml log can no longer be used to determine where its crashing. I am out of ideas ATM.

Did Geo post the Audio XMl anywhere? Or can we use the stuff from Vanilla SotM? I have a soundtrack folder and am wondering if it's causing an issue without having XML telling it pick Moon Music

Here's the last file in the log, small file.

Does that tell you anything as it loads the engine?

Attachments

• init.zip
    569 bytes · Views: 80
Hmm, its eitheir Font or MenuManager that is causing the CTD. I am stumped ATM and it is hard for me to pinpoint the bug further without access to civ4.

I didn't upload sound xml yet. Just check under your Assets/XML/audio folders to see if there is any file inthere. There is none here, I only tested audio in a fake mod. (and got it to work :D )

I didn't upload sound xml yet. Just check under your Assets/XML/audio folders to see if there is any file inthere. There is none here, I only tested audio in a fake mod. (and got it to work :D )

I put the Vanilla XML files into this conversion. Is that the files you used?

3 last XML errors in Civ4ForceControlInfos. They must not be a big deal since the game progresses on before crashing. The trouble is that there are no references in that file to the errors that appear. :confused:

3 last XML errors in Civ4ForceControlInfos. They must not be a big deal since the game progresses on before crashing. The trouble is that there are no references in that file to the errors that appear. :confused:

I have seen things like that before. The error is not really in Civ4ForceControlInfos but another xml. the reason it is reported wrong is due to bugs in SDK.

I put the Vanilla XML files into this conversion. Is that the files you used?

I used the SotM files I adjusted for the MP3's I sent you a month or two ago.
They won't work in BtS, but they won't crash either since I was able to load my fake mod with wrong references in it.

I'm officially stumped and tired.

I hope we narrowed it down enough for you to hammer it home matt. :D

Okay, this bug is proving to be very painful. I have exhausted almost all the debugging methods I know of except trying to systematically isolate the bug, which is proving to be very nasty. In the process of trying to isolate the bug I am having problems with game crashing before the bug we want to isolate occurs. This makes things very difficult.

I am not completely out of options but all remain ways I know of to isolate the bug can take several days and many long boring hours. I may have the time to isolate it before next week but I make no promises, especially since it is very tedious work and can be hard to find the motivation to to it.

I don't know if you will understand what I just said, but the short answer is that things are going nowhere fast.

If you have any Ideas I managed to Isolate the bug to one of the xmls in the following folders:
Units
Techs
Buildings
Civilizations
Art

Damn. I don't have as much time as normal in the next few days, but when I do I can look at redoing some of those XMLs with limited entries. We don't need a lot of what's in there so there's no sense completely doing any XML file from scratch until we find which file.

Top Bottom