The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of any animations that show orders of battle and military tactics for historical battle and where one might see them?

Heck, just call Whomp, Godwynn, Downtown, Joecoolyo, or any of the other dozen Chicagoans we've got right here. ;) I've driven by the thing dozens of times, and I've never looked for balconies, but if it has them they're very well-camouflaged.

By balcony, they could just mean an area without a glass window.

At least, there's a section up on the observation deck that they call an "open-air-balcony"; when in reality it's just a screen instead of a window.

Thanks for the link FP. Quite interesting.

Anyway, one last question: how would a highway patrolman ticket the driver of an infantry fighting vehicle?

Lights and sirens coupled with military respect for civilian rule.

In the US one of those wouldn't be on the road. It would be on the back of a truck or train. Other military vehicles on the road are subject to the same traffic laws as anyone else. And your superior officer is not going to be a happy camper if you go around getting traffic tickets while driving them.

Why would someone be driving a tank up the freeway anyways?

Why would someone be driving a tank up the freeway anyways?

Terrorism threat? I remember when Glasgow Airport was attacked I saw videos with tanks and APCs driving alongside cars around it. Quite cool if you ask me :lol:

Is that a tabloid or a serious paper?

In a fan club newsletter it says this

For legal reasons, please do not send lyrics, poems, tapes or CDs of original music.... These items will be returned to you, not opened, read, or listened to. Thank you!

What are legal reasons?

Please tell me that paper appeals to people who are considered trash by The Sun readers.
In a fan club newsletter it says this

What are legal reasons?
The newsletter doesn't own the media so they can be hit up with a massive lawsuit if they publish it and derive profit from publishing it.

Question: I was looking through my yearbook and I stumbled across a picture of the semi-affiliated LARP club. One of the people was dressed up in a surcoat of the White Tree of Gondor, but the surcoat was a disgusting green rather then black and it had five stars instead of seven in addition to missing the Crown of Elendil at the top.
Am I being to nerdy when I get annoyed at a LARPer for messing that up?

I would guess that the legal reasons here are that as part of being a FanClub, they cannot promote any other music?

In a two column geometry proof, what would you write as the reason for drawing an extra line not given in a diagram

Am I being to nerdy when I get annoyed at a LARPer for messing that up?

That's a good question. As long as you weren't also LARPing - which no human being should ever, ever do - I think it's permissible to scoff at their inferior knowledge in that area. :goodjob:

Where does one buy maps in Italy? I have visited many gasstations and none of them have one.

Why are they building temporary stands along the river in Pisa? Is there some event?

Some hostels refuse to let people in during the afternoon. This means that it is impossible to get ones luggage. Is it even legal to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom