New NESes, ideas, development, etc

Could still happen considering Bush and Dick are teh same (except Dick is smarter ;)). I'd deffinately play, aslong as I get an independent Illinois led by Barack Obama from Chicago. Death to Springfield! Death to Spingfield! MWUHAHAHAHA!!!!! Actually, I'll probably play no matter what.

I've thought about your idea for a while, and my only criticism is that Hilary Clinton and Jeb Bush are unlikely to become presidents. I call Canada!

Another sheep idea, I wonder how come he doesn't post his ideas on the alt-history thread... :confused:

There is a alt-history thread?

So could someone give me some tips in drawing maps? It's the only thing keeping me from starting the magic NES.

2009: Al Qadea detonatess a Elector-magnetic pulse against the Eastern United States and the USA collapses. Several states arise of which the US controls only 1/5 of the territory before the attack. NATO collapses and China rises to pre-eminence on the scene. Wasting no time Taiwan is annexed. Japan becomes increasingly militaristic. Indonesia collapses into anarchy with Islamic revolts. 40% of Africa is infected with AIDS. France is annihilated as President Chirac launches an attack on Germany. The United Kingdom intervened. Nuclear weapons used.

Nice idea of a terrorist fallout nes. However Germany and UK signing an alliance against france? Today France and Germany are very close allies, certainly more friendly with each other then with uk.
I think the story could need something more realistic in europe. I cant think of anything however. Maybe some terror attacks in Berlin, Paris and London?

Berlin, Paris, London, Madrid, Rome, Lisbon, Dublin, Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, and Istanbul (for joining the EU) on the same day. Mabey a few other cities as well. BTW Lord Iggy, while Hilary (one of my favorites) is probably too controversial, Jeb could still get into office as long as his brother dosen't dig himself further into the hole after the feds screwed up on Katrina.

There is a alt-history thread?

Yes. It has been there for some time now...
However Germany and UK signing an alliance against france?

:lol: I remember that one! Germany was taken over by neo-Nazis who invaded Czechia, France invaded Germany, the government in Germany was toppled, France refused to withdraw until under American pressure. From one of Gelion's NESes.

Neo-Nazis don't have enough power, they only control 5% of the vote (still too much if you ask me) now and are not likely to grow too much larger. An agressive communist takeover is more likely. They could probably team up with some of the smaller German parties in the east and south, steal Christian Democrat votes, make Agela look bad, and then ride the wave into chairman's office and parliament control since Gerhard has no chance (I know WAY too much German politics for my own good).

Israelite9191 said:
Neo-Nazis don't have enough power, they only control 5% of the vote (still too much if you ask me) now and are not likely to grow too much larger. An agressive communist takeover is more likely. They could probably team up with some of the smaller German parties in the east and south, steal Christian Democrat votes, make Agela look bad, and then ride the wave into chairman's office and parliament control since Gerhard has no chance (I know WAY too much German politics for my own good).
Um, according to a recent poll, the race between the two major coalitions is neck and neck, and most other parties/coalitions are pretty far behind.

Will anyone care if I start an NES? Is there anything anyone wants in this NES? Should I wait longer before modding to avoid doing what Kal'thzar ended up doing?

So anyway, could I get some tips on drawing on the maps? Sorry to have to repeat myself, but it seems that my posts are getting buried. :D

Gerhard hs no chance! Unless the economy takes a sudden upsurge, he is doomed. I will admot that the polls are a little unerving for Angela, but if you look at the overall pocture, she has been riding an upsurge in popularity for a while now. Her only threat is if the lesser liberal parties in the east make some headway against her home turf. She's an easterner and if she were to lose the east, that could cause people elsewher to doubt her. I personally like Gerhard better, but it dosen't look too good right now.

On a NES, anything pre-industrial that isn't a fresh start is good with me.

Israelite9191 said:
Gerhard hs no chance! Unless the economy takes a sudden upsurge, he is doomed. I will admot that the polls are a little unerving for Angela, but if you look at the overall pocture, she has been riding an upsurge in popularity for a while now. Her only threat is if the lesser liberal parties in the east make some headway against her home turf. She's an easterner and if she were to lose the east, that could cause people elsewher to doubt her. I personally like Gerhard better, but it dosen't look too good right now.
Her polls have been going down since late August...when she had a 12-point lead...I never pretended to be interested in politics of any kind, it's purely a coincidence that my school German class was going over this at the same time.

What about something in the 600s, just before Islam and right after the Great Persian War between Heraclius and Chosroes II? Byzantium and Persia have both just been at war and are exhausted, and a forty-year old shepherd is beginning to spread a new religious message though the far desert...Europe's tribes are beginning to evolve and settle down in their new homes...something like that?

tell lord iggy how to make maps damn it! i really want that magic NES to happen
Neo-nazi have 5% of the vote! :eek: that is no good, no good at all

Angela still has the lead, and with the timing of the election, I, and most commentators, seriously doubt that she will fall behind Gerhard or that the German economy will turn around enough to give Gerhard the boost he needs. Frankly, I think that Gerhard getting himself a vote of no confidence and moving the elections up is turning out to be one of the stupidest political moves since Kerry married Terresa ;).

Use Imageshack, or Paint, or something! Use darker lines for land/water boundaries, thinner ones for borders, even thinner ones for territory borders, a different color for each country, if it's a new World include terrain and elevation, or something of the sort.

Thanks Dachs, but those aren't the things I can't solve. Here's what I don't know how to do:
-Make those perfect little city dots.
-Erase old borders.
-Avoid redrawing coastlines by accident.

Is there a way to make the natural map permanent, and have borders a changeable layer above?

Top Bottom