Announcing Civilization Network!

Sid Meier

<u>Civilization Creator</u>
Hello Civ Fans!

I wanted to let you know we’ll soon be looking for beta testers to help us develop a unique new way to play Civilization. Ever since we finished Civilization® Revolution™ last year, I’ve been looking at ways of expanding the Civ gameplay experience to include solo, competitive and cooperative play to take advantage of the uniqueness of social networks. We’re calling this project Civilization® Network™ and the full game will be available next year on Facebook. Civilization Network will allow you to join together with your friends to create the world’s most powerful, richest, smartest, or just plain coolest civilization. You can coordinate your strategy to win great battles, share your technology to jump ahead of your rivals, lobby your family and friends to form your own government and win vital elections, manage and grow your cities to maximize production and happiness, spy on your enemies, and work with your friends to create the great Wonders of the World. The game will offer everything you enjoy in Civ in a fully persistent environment - you can play as much as you like, whenever you like, and it’ll be free to play.

We’ll offer a closed beta of the game soon, so stay tuned for details on how you can sign-up to participate. The full game will launch in 2010. For more information about Civilization Network, including development updates and behind-the-scenes posts from me and the Firaxis team, join our Facebook fanpage here: www.facebook.com/civnetwork.

Thanks and Stay Civilized!

Sid Meier
Director of Creative Development
Firaxis Games

Hello Civ Fans!

I wanted to let you know we’ll soon be looking for beta testers to help us develop a unique new way to play Civilization. Ever since we finished Civilization® Revolution™ last year, I’ve been looking at ways of expanding the Civ gameplay experience to include solo, competitive and cooperative play to take advantage of the uniqueness of social networks. We’re calling this project Civilization® Network™ and the full game will be available next year on Facebook. Civilization Network will allow you to join together with your friends to create the world’s most powerful, richest, smartest, or just plain coolest civilization. You can coordinate your strategy to win great battles, share your technology to jump ahead of your rivals, lobby your family and friends to form your own government and win vital elections, manage and grow your cities to maximize production and happiness, spy on your enemies, and work with your friends to create the great Wonders of the World. The game will offer everything you enjoy in Civ in a fully persistent environment - you can play as much as you like, whenever you like, and it’ll be free to play.

We’ll offer a closed beta of the game soon, so stay tuned for details on how you can sign-up to participate. The full game will launch in 2010. For more information about Civilization Network, including development updates and behind-the-scenes posts from me and the Firaxis team, join our Facebook fanpage here: www.facebook.com/civnetwork.

Thanks and Stay Civilized!

Sid Meier
Director of Creative Development
Firaxis Games
Ok but... Civilization 5... When?

Welcome to the forum, Sid! :wavey:

And thanks for announcing Civilization Network here yourself! Can't wait to play this on Facebook! :)

PS: I have made a global notice about it.

Thanks for the announcement Sid!
This is really exciting!
Bye the way, are you guys at Firaxis (also) working on Civ 5?

Please to be making Civ 5.

Didn't I put this idea for what I'd like to see in Civilization as part of my application for the Colonization beta?

welp, I'm sure it wasn't a unique idea anyway!

Thanks for the announcement Sid!
This is really exciting!
Bye the way, are you guys at Firaxis (also) working on Civ 5?

Ditto, especially on line 3 ;)

Great thanks for personnal announcement Mr Meier!
I'll surely rephrase some of other guys around but I have great respect for your overall work, ever since Railroad Tycoon & Civ1.
I'll be pleased to take part of the beta-testing phase (if selected ;) )

Great news! Can't wait for 2010!

I added the favorited the fan page on facebook. I Can't wait to try it out!

Top Bottom