Choose which Civs you play against

InFeRnOgTiTaN

Chieftain
Small thing, but I'd like the option to choose which Civs I'll be playing against.

I would probably randomize it most of the time anyway, but so far every game I've played has had Alexander in it. I want to spread things out and I don't think it'd take anything away from the game (you could just bypass choosing one or all if you want and leave it random).

Any thoughts?

Only possible reason they left this out is to encourage people to chase after the Trophy Room. Lame I agree, hope there's some kind of a pay off in the end.:mischief:

Perhaps. I hope this wasn't left out simply for streamlining purposes since I don't think it will be that big of a "hiccup" to put this in. It could be as simple as a box comes up saying, "Choose opponents? Yes or no" and then you can just cancel out if you want to randomize them all.

Then if I only know I want to go against Germany, for instance, I could pick Germany and then cancel out - box says "Randomize remaining opponents?" or something.

I think it'd be easy for them to implement and not affect the start-up, especially if you can just go through and say random for all (being able to randomize only some of them would be nice too, but not necessary).

Heck, I'd love to choose the number, as well as the specific opponents, if I could.

I would also like this. But i think they took it out because they probably thought/ knew that one of the civs would be terrible, as well as ( maybe not at the moment but in the future ) someone finding a way to exploit/easily defeat certain oppenents. And if this is the case then the achievements on the 360 would be coniserably easier to attain.

However, im sure that if they wanted to they could make it so that certain achievments are blocked when you selected opponents instead of randomizing them.

I think they left it out on purpose.

When you know what civ's your going up against, you can plan according right from the get go to counter their strong points and exploit their weaknesses.

When you have to explore to find out what your up against, you have to have more of a balanced approached until you find out just what your up against.

It sounds like a rather small detail, but it's almost guaranteed there are civ veterans who would do just this (and rightly so), where-as the people brand new to the civ series likely would not even think to do this.

^ Seems like a simple solution to that problem; good thinking.

To Endure: Even if that was the reason they did it, I wouldn't think keeping out the choice altogether would be a proper way to handle that. Sure, I might know who I'm up against and plan accordingly, but I'm still playing the game the same way if that makes sense. I see what you're saying but I don't think choice would really affect it too much.

Yes random is better for the surprise, but I also like to try going against all the Civs and so far I keep getting the same Civs to go against.

If we could select our opponents, I would never put the English in my games, they're such a pain to try to conquer.

Top Bottom