Easiest way to win?

The A.K.T

Warlord
In a normal game(for mee) i play militaristic. Playing on huge creating a little empire, waiting for my UU to come, them Bang! creating a great empire and exspanding untill i am the best. Then i win a diplomatic victory becouse, then I have a strong economy it is no problem bribing a lot of citystates and then win. Culturel victory:c5culture: is to boring and Domination allmost impossible on huge.
What do you think is the Easiest way to w:c5capital:in?

Play as the arabs... Nearly impossible to loose no matter what map, size or other settings you have.

Play as the arabs... Nearly impossible to loose no matter what map, size or other settings you have.

Specially if you can found many cities and be friendly with everybody,the diplomatic victory will be piece of cake with them.Another one that is good to diplomatic is China,because of their money maker and songhai,if you don't mind pillaging cities of your neighbors.

I like to get aggressive early and limit the growth of close in rivals. I tend to play similar to the OP. Get aggressive, eilimate or greatly minimize rivals, build a huge and productive empire, and win by diplomacy or science. It works well on play up to and including Immortal, which is the level I have been enjoying as of late. I usually place in the middle of the most literate pile, but by the 200s, I've usually built a tech lead, which allows me to dictate the game's direction.

Be good at the game, cozy up with real people who will tell you how to get the most out of any civ, in obsessively precise detail.

I think the political and diplomatic victories are easy, as is the space race. The ultimate test is world conquest on Diety really. If you can do that then you are the greetest! Well ish. You probably still suck on mp if you never done it.

Make Lancers and Ironclads to rule teh world!

I also hear the Ottomans are awesome!

Diplomatic victory = you just need to have a lot of income.

To get a high income you need to get high empire sow you will wage wars and when you are in the industrial age just buy every citie state to your site?

Easiest way..

After that is the space race similar to diplomatic victory just having a lot of cities and empire generating culture

And the hardest will be domination on the hardest levels because of the high bonusses and massive armies the AI gets.
Culture victory can olso be hard if you dont make a decent army and good science because you only want to have 2 or 3 cities you have to plan a head to make sure nobody gets an technology advantage sow they see you as weak and wage war and your scruwed

Make Lancers and Ironclads to rule teh world!

I also hear the Ottomans are awesome!

Even though you're joking, they actually are.

use RAs to hit Gunpowder fairly fast, then sit back and make Janissaries. eventually upgrade them and rule the world.

edit:

As per the OP

the easiest way is being peaceful. An isolated start where you go Cultural is generally simple enough. go to sleep of course for most of the game.

Haha. :) Read of some people tampering with the Rifle push with the Ottomans, so my remark was mostly a joke, but getting a Rifle RA block to work can be pretty annoying, but was looking at your Aztec LP and you are stupidly good at keeping upgraded units alive so that's not quite fair to most people. ;) 3-4 Upgraded Jaguar Riflemen with constant wars going on was pretty OP. (Not the units themselves but not losing them before hand)

Even though you're joking, they actually are.

use RAs to hit Gunpowder fairly fast, then sit back and make Janissaries. eventually upgrade them and rule the world.

edit:

As per the OP

the easiest way is being peaceful. An isolated start where you go Cultural is generally simple enough. go to sleep of course for most of the game.

Haha yes it doenst matter if everybody is at war with you janissary's are monsters!!!!

Haha. :) Read of some people tampering with the Rifle push with the Ottomans, so my remark was mostly a joke, but getting a Rifle RA block to work can be pretty annoying, but was looking at your Aztec LP and you are stupidly good at keeping upgraded units alive so that's not quite fair to most people. ;) 3-4 Upgraded Jaguar Riflemen with constant wars going on was pretty OP. (Not the units themselves but not losing them before hand)

I think by the end I had actually lost every Jag->Rifle unit. The only ones I had left were some newer rifle units and pike->Rifles.

But since I was mostly culture farming, it was easier to keep them since I let the AI come at me in my terrain until I did the upgrade. The river helped a lot. (same for a few nice marshes)

Anyone find it easy to win a Culturel viktory?

The victories sorted by difficulty IMO (increasing order):
1) Cultural
2) Diplomatic
3) Domination
4) Space (since one can almost always win earlier with one of the victories above)

It's all dependent on maps, but my general ranking would be:

1. Diplo. This alwasy seems the easiest on a continents game if you have more than 1 city. The AI is terrible at defending it even when they are rich, and you can always declare war to prevent others from bribing your CSs. If the game is close in the modern age this is usually the quickest way to end it (provided you haven't ignored city states all game)

2. Culture with 1 city. If you can succesfully navigate the diplo waters & not get invaded, this victory can be a cakewalk.

3. Domination on Pangea/Archipelago. Continents are the toughest to dominate because frequently one AI will become very strong and overpower their continent. It's tough to take these guys out. Overall domination is easier than previous versions due to "capital sniping" so if the capitals are on/near the coast, it's much easier.

4. Space. Space is kind of the "default" for me if no other victories are leaping out at me. I tend to expand a lot and so by the modern age my science is quite strong. Building the parts is much easier than previous games (only 6 parts means you only need a couple strong production cities) so tech is more of the concern. The AI is rarely able to finish before you unless they are WAY ahead in tech (they will veer off to the bottom half of the tech tree a lot).

3. Domination on continents.

4. Expansive culture victory. I've yet to get one of these except with Polynesia. I will keep trying...last game as Russia I was 1 policy away when the damn AI built the UN...

Choose Settler difficult, and quick game speed.If you lose,just buy a gun a shoot yourself.

ATM on open land maps like continent and pangaea, deity culture feels to be the hardest (.275 diplomacy changes forcing so much wars)

I haven't played culture extensively lately at all but any pre .275 peaceful games where one would spam RAs to leverage OCC upwards seem just impossible.

Diplo needs to be reviewed in term of turns to win compared to other strats.

And with regards to the sarcasm about ottomans, as pointed out, sure it is hard to get the ottomans rifles rush up but once it's out it's just totally game breaking. The units' UPs are just too good. The hassle of getting the strat/rush down is definitely worth the incredible fun of abusing their full heal on kill.

Quickest in terms of game turns would probably be choose Dual Pangena map as any civ with a good early UU (or two) and then go for Domination with a target date of conquering the world while it's still BC.

Quickest in terms of time spent would probably be go for cultural win on an archepello map either as a pure OCC as any civ with good OCC traights and don't go to war unless attacked.

Other than the above two specific scenarios, UN victory is usually much quicker than spaceship victory.

Well;

Every game is a different game.
First it depends on the map and then you have to deal with the other CIV's.
I mostly play Napoleon and sometimes play Rome on King level and a large continents map.

Almost always I find a stronge opponent on the other continent, so domination is no option.
Cultural or Diplomatic are left and as Diplomatic is too easy, a Cultural victory is what i'm looking for.

The Alexander diplomatic win is pretty easy. Just build an empire that makes tons of cash and just stay alive until you or someone else builds the UN.

Top Bottom