Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

But why? If the teams consist of players of different sites, the local patriotism and chauvinism and the comradeship between the players in each team playing together for years can act like a glue to keep the teams united.

BTW I am planning to host a Diplogame, on a custom edited Earth Map. It will probably be at Apolyton, because you can have anonymous IDs over there, which you need for this kind of game. If you have never played a Diplogame I highly recommend, especially if you would be a turnplayer or Diplomat in an MTDG. Map is almost ready, and I'm working on the ruleset. I would like to make the Map available pre-game to put everyone on a level playing field.

As for this game, I still think starting with turnplayers and building the team as you go us the best way forward.

But why? If the teams consist of players of different sites, the local patriotism and chauvinism and the comradeship between the players in each team playing together for years can act like a glue to keep the teams united.
CDZ players quickly lost interest and the team only hung in there because they had a very dedicated turn player.

BTW I am planning to host a Diplogame, on a custom edited Earth Map. It will probably be at Apolyton, because you can have anonymous IDs over there, which you need for this kind of game. If you have never played a Diplogame I highly recommend, especially if you would be a turnplayer or Diplomat in an MTDG. Map is almost ready, and I'm working on the ruleset. I would like to make the Map available pre-game to put everyone on a level playing field.

As for this game, I still think starting with turnplayers and building the team as you go us the best way forward.

Certainly interested now that I actually have BTS

Agreed.

We first need to find someone willing to host though. Without a host (and also admins/mapmakers) we are dead in the water.

I would like to repeat my suggestion that we go with two teams for this one. Here is my case:gripe:

1. We have enough interested players to form two teams right now. We can start the game and recruit more players as we go. We just don't have enough interested players to form 6 or even 4 teams, let alone find 6 turnplayers:yuck:

2. With two teams we can play sequential turns, so there won't be anymore doublemove controversies.

3. With two teams there will never be a mismatch where one team gets ganged up on by the others.

4. With tech trading off there is no possibility of tech alliances, so there is less of a need for inter-team diplo anyway.

5. With 2 teams we minimize the risk of running out of turnplayers, and maximize the amount of interested involved players on each team having discussion.

6. We all know that it is inevitable that the game will end up with two unbreakable alliances anyway, with 2 groups of two or more teams acting effectively as one team, so we might as well just start off with everyone on one side or the other.

With two teams, we could have one team that is a Merlot style Monarchy/Republic, and one team that is a Democratic/Anarchic style team. People can choose which to join.

There is still the possibility of some inter-team diplomacy, especially if we add some AI civs as buffers, trading partners or tackling dummies or whatever. The humans can cooperate to kill off the AI, then turn on each other or do something else.

I would like to join Sommers, no turn player, just a super lurker ;)

I'd prefer holding off for more than just two teams. Duel games can be a slog and are not that rich of a game-play experience.

I'd prefer holding off for more than just two teams. Duel games can be a slog and are not that rich of a game-play experience.

I agree. I think we can get enough active players for 6 healthy teams, we just need to recruit. If we build this thing and advertise it they will come.

We still need someone to host though!

I can arrange the hosting part if you guys go ahead and arrange the recruitment part. :) May need a bit of help since I've never run a PitBoss game - the techiestuff with setting up the router/port forwarding etc is no problem though.

Also I need one of two if I am to host. 1. Someone who can make a map - or 2. Someone who can help me make a map. If number 2, then I need more than 1 person to advice me, as I have figured that the map is a major part of debate/discussion in a game that seems to be the number one area of criticism of these games.

Hey Caledorn! WB to the wonderful pitboss world, mate. Great that you can handle the hosting part - thats major progress on this project.

Lately I've been playing in many games where the maps are made by an Apolytoneer - OzzyKP. Generally, we had never game which failed with a map made by him and he is quite experienced at making them balanced.

Is this happening? I would be interested in joining one.

Although I would prefer a four-team game. Two teams just doesn't give enough options for diplomacy, whereas with four teams it's much more interesting. Six was obviously way too many, but I think we can reasonably have four teams. Hell, there's even a four-team version of this going on for CivIII.

Top Bottom