Quick Questions and Answers

BZZZ, wrong.

The title is affected by the Policy Tree you choose, for example Doge will appear if you focus on Commerce, while Consul will appear if you focus on Liberty. Pious will appear if you select and focus on Piety.

I say focus because it doesn't matter how many policies you chose per tree, if you keep choosing Piety despite having Tradition fulfilled you will eventually become Pious, but I believe after a while it will go back to Tradition's title.

Oh you mean the social policy ones. I thought me he meant the end game ranks like Ivan the Terrible since thats not a character in the game nor a rank. But your description is correct about those titles.

The resource icons (food,gold,production) are looking always the same...regardless if the tiles are used by a city or not. I am looking for a way to see if a tile is being worked on or not without the need to enter the "city-view". Is there a tweak, trick or mod available or do i just miss something ?

The resource icons (food,gold,production) are looking always the same...regardless if the tiles are used by a city or not. I am looking for a way to see if a tile is being worked on or not without the need to enter the "city-view". Is there a tweak, trick or mod available or do i just miss something ?

nope, sorry, you can't see which tile is worked without looking in the city

fun fact time! even if you dont click manage city in city view (? I think its called that, the button where you can begin microing which tiles worker,etc.) you can see what tiles are being worked! If you see just the yield icons in city view, it means it is being worked.

If you're founding a new city to get a luxury resource, are there any advantages to founding the city beside the luxury rather than directly on top of it?

If you're founding a new city to get a luxury resource, are there any advantages to founding the city beside the luxury rather than directly on top of it?

Luxury resources, especially early on, are often some of the better tiles to work for their gold output. You don't get any bonus production/gold/etc for resources your city is sitting on. On the other hand, you don't need a plantation, mine, etc. to gain access to the resource if it is under your city, and enemies can't pillage the tile and make you temporarily lose access. Hope that helps.

I just installed CIV 5 and the game would freeze and crash at random times. I would always just reload the game and it would work fine for a while. Now I'm at around turn 260 and now that I try to load my save usually the game just freezes right after I press the "begin your journey" button. What should I do? Is there any fix to this? I have a i5 2500K processor, 8GB of ram and a geforce 560 ti 448 cores so performance shouldn't be an issue. Any ideas?

btw. what is the latest patch version of Civ V?

I've only ever had a crash to desktop once. I restarted the PC and the game and it did the same thing. I restarted the game and used DirectX 9, played for a bit without an issue. Next time I played DirectX 10/11 and there wasn't a problem.

hello all,

new to the game and the forums. I searched for a while and did not see an answer to this question.

If you choose to raze an enemy city that has world wonders, are they lost forver? or does razing them allow you to rebuild them in your city?

I was wondering whether you can raze and re-settle that city and somehow keep the wonders or are they just lost?

@ kenan03, when you raze a city, any world wonders in it are permanently lost.

Question: when the game was first released, there was a bug in the Earth map script where some of the city states would not found a city, but just stay as a settler and wander the earth forever like a lost soul. Did they ever fix that?

Yes, if you haven't tried going back to DirectX 9, I'd try that. It worked for me.

It crashes the same way even with DirectX 9 mode... Any other ideas? It seems like I bought I game I can't play :(

I have a question, has anyone ever seen the AI build any forts or citadels? I have not seen it yet and was curious if this ever happens. I feel in some cases it would help the AI a great deal on defense.

From what I see,the ai don't build forts,neither citadels . One thing I also realize is that is very rare for them to build customs houses and landmarks .

Question: when the game was first released, there was a bug in the Earth map script where some of the city states would not found a city, but just stay as a settler and wander the earth forever like a lost soul. Did they ever fix that?

Kinda, now they are eliminated at the start. I usually play with all civs & cities and on small maps I get tons of message on the start saying: "Civ X has been eliminated" with X∈City States

Can you stall the production of one type of great leader to favor the production of another?

Top Bottom