[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Yorgos said:
Here's a couple of another selection/order soundsets. They cover undead units and they come in two packs, one for the "mindless" ones, such as skeletons or drowns, and another for the "noble" ones, like vampires or liches (these are my favourite, I love them!) As far as I know, no undead unit has worker or air mission actions, so I included only selection sounds, but they can always be modified manually.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/UndeadSoundsets.zip

Since I'm going for vacations tomorrow (at last!) the next soundsets will come no earlier than a week or ten days from now. But we'll probably get some feedback on the orc sounds included in 0.15 until then, which may be helpful for any future soundsets.

That sounds perfect, thanks Yorgos!

HahnHolio said:
well, i´m a bit confused ...
in v15 there are only 2 sources of copper on my map(which is about 70% explored) and all are very far away from my starting position. same goes for iron ...
is that intentional, or just defined thought the map type?
in all my v14 games a had copper for sure within my territory as soon as it was revealed and now, nothing ...

greetz

HahnHolio

The Mapchecker is responsible for making sure their are a minimum amount of each required resource on the map when the game starts. If you regen your map all bets are off and you are back to whatever Civ4 vanilla gives you.

Kael said:
The Mapchecker is responsible for making sure their are a minimum amount of each required resource on the map when the game starts. If you regen your map all bets are off and you are back to whatever Civ4 vanilla gives you.
hm...so what does that mean? i started a fractal style map with FfH2 loaded.
what is 'if you regen your map' ? sry but i got no clue what you mean here :)

HahnHolio said:
hm...so what does that mean? i started a fractal style map with FfH2 loaded.
what is 'if you regen your map' ? sry but i got no clue what you mean here :)

There is a regen function you can use if you want to recreate your map (if you dont like your starting position). If that is used it undoes everything FfH does when building the map, which includes making sure there are at least 3 of all the important resources.

Kael said:
There is a regen function you can use if you want to recreate your map (if you dont like your starting position). If that is used it undoes everything FfH does when building the map, which includes making sure there are at least 3 of all the important resources.

hm, actually i did not know that such a function is in existance :)
so i never used it !!! but actually the game i started sucked pretty much, with me beeing surrounded by barbarians and only good civs ... gonna start all over again :D

greetz

HahnHolio

< 4. Added the effects of multiple mana nodes (1 allows acces, 2 gives rank 1 for free, 3 gives rank 2 for free, 4 gives rank 3 for free). >

Given this, I am wont to wonder.. What if I later lose a mana node, or change it ? Say for example I have a Fire mana node and let all my Adepts learn Scorch, then I destroy the node (or someone else does it for me.. >.<) and I rebuild a different kind of node on it? Do the adepts all keep their scorch spell? If so it's fairly easy to still get different kinds of spells etc.

Cheers!

Ok, Keal, this game is lagging like hell at the beginning, and i cannot play this unless you control this lag. I was playing bannor and everytime i hit enter, it lags so bad.... i even turn animations and effects off and it still lag like hell. If this lag continue to grow, i cannot play this game in my medium notch computer.

my specs are this:
1GB RAM
Radeon X600 with hyperthread memory, 256.0 MB on it.
Intel Pentium 4 Processer with 3.0 GHz.

thealien_83 said:
< 4. Added the effects of multiple mana nodes (1 allows acces, 2 gives rank 1 for free, 3 gives rank 2 for free, 4 gives rank 3 for free). >

Given this, I am wont to wonder.. What if I later lose a mana node, or change it ? Say for example I have a Fire mana node and let all my Adepts learn Scorch, then I destroy the node (or someone else does it for me.. >.<) and I rebuild a different kind of node on it? Do the adepts all keep their scorch spell? If so it's fairly easy to still get different kinds of spells etc.

Cheers!

If you pillage a node it doesnt revert to raw mana anymore. It stays fire mana, or whatever type you made it into.

hm...sorry to bother u again, but i started a new game with the elves and guess what? learned bronzeworking and not a single piece of copper on my continent :(
i choose an achipelago style map and started on a pretty big island with doviello and calabim, but there is no copper around, where i have explored ... this is wierd!
could u possibly check the whatever file is responsible for placement of resources? and i did not regen the map, as i still don&#180;t know how i would do that :p

greetz

HahnHolio

Kael said:
If you pillage a node it doesnt revert to raw mana anymore. It stays fire mana, or whatever type you made it into.

Ah? Is that so. Well then, that settles it. But they revert to being just mana when they fall within a new cultural border? I recall seeing something about it.
If so, that's quite awesome. I always felt it was a bit too much smorgasbord about the magic system, this makes it a -lot- more strategic. Which is nice. Rar.

Time to break out the Amurites again I think!

Cheers!

thealien_83 said:
Ah? Is that so. Well then, that settles it. But they revert to being just mana when they fall within a new cultural border? I recall seeing something about it.
If so, that's quite awesome. I always felt it was a bit too much smorgasbord about the magic system, this makes it a -lot- more strategic. Which is nice. Rar.

Time to break out the Amurites again I think!

Cheers!

Yeap, cultural conversion reverts nodes back to raw mana (so you arent stuck with whatever your neighbor made them into).

Patch "a" is up and linked in the first post.

Ok, is anyone having issues downloading this 15 and 15a version? I normally have 301 download, but all day it is stuck at 5.1 and drops to .1 and stops all togehter. Note: This is only on this link, every other link for anything else out there downloads at 261 to 301. :crazyeye:

I have been trying on and off since 130 pm central time.

I'm pretty sure the +1 happyness from incence with various temples isn't working.

Edit: never mind - it's working!

Kael said:
Yeap, cultural conversion reverts nodes back to raw mana (so you arent stuck with whatever your neighbor made them into).

Patch "a" is up and linked in the first post.

You can always just pillage them.

Edit: Or did you just change this so that pillaging a node doesn't work?

Fr8Train said:
You can always just pillage them.
No, pillaging a mana node now will turn it into unimproved mana of whatever type the node upon it was, so the only option for a node upon it will be a node of the previous type.

Yorgos said:
Here's a couple of another selection/order soundsets. They cover undead units and they come in two packs, one for the "mindless" ones, such as skeletons or drowns, and another for the "noble" ones, like vampires or liches (these are my favourite, I love them!) As far as I know, no undead unit has worker or air mission actions, so I included only selection sounds, but they can always be modified manually.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/UndeadSoundsets.zip

Since I'm going for vacations tomorrow (at last!) the next soundsets will come no earlier than a week or ten days from now. But we'll probably get some feedback on the orc sounds included in 0.15 until then, which may be helpful for any future soundsets.
I especially like the Undead 2 sounds (for heros?)! :cool: Any chance of making more of those Undead 2 sounds to give more variety of them?

Daijin I dled 0.15 and 0.15a a few minutes ago.

I'm glad you liked them Bad Player. I think they're good for any intelligent undead unit, including heroes (but not demons, I'll make another soundset for them). Unfortunately I don't think I have any more suitable sounds, not good sounds least. Adding them in the game will probably take some time, since there's some XML work needed, which I can't handle myself yet (though I'm getting quite good with Python).

Top Bottom