City State Road Request remains unfilled

FeiLing

Deity
Game Version: 1.0.1.511

Warsaw requests a road to my capital, Washington. Road completed. Request remains unfilled. The road goes through Brussels territory which doesn't matter, as I'm allied with them. The last road sequence was finished 1 or 2 turns before the savegame was made, but you can play a turn and it still won't be recognized.

You can see in the tactical view that the trade route between Washington and Warsaw is intact:
Spoiler :

Here's the savegame:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5773554/.../RoadRequestBug.Civ5Save

It's a known issue, but I don't know whether it actually has been reported as such.

I think everyone that notices this thing for the first time will feel it's wrong. If you're friendly with someone or even allied, your units can move freely through their lands. Then it must be an oversight that it doesn't work for this 'trade route'.

yeah i have had this issue too...it's annoying.

however, i don't think its necessarily a bug. i think that the reasoning is that the road is intended for the City State to pass through, not your units, therefore if the city state does not have open borders through the opponent's land (in this case, Brussels) you have not given them access to your capital yet, even though YOUR capital has access to them.

i wonder if a CS ever would have open borders with a different civ or if this situation would block the quest completion every time.

Top Bottom