Webshops for Civilization V - List by country

Hi, I am from the Czech Republic and I was thinking about ordering Special Edition of CivV, but is it even possible that the shop mentioned on this site offers Special Edition just around 4 EUR more expensive than normal edition? Shop offers it for 1119,- CZK, this is 45 EUR. I am afraid to order it and pay for it because the price is unbeliavable low.
Hi Rammones. Welcome to CivFanatics. If you look at the website of GameHouse, they offer the Regular Edition for CZK 989 and the special for CZK 1119. I agree it seems very cheap, but that's the price they offer. How reputable that webshop is, I cannot judge, but they have been around since at least 2006 according to the website and they also have a physical shop in Praha. Maybe you can check with your friends or on other forums in Czech Rep how other people feel about this shop. Or maybe there's a consumer organization? You can also call them or visit if you're near Praha to get confirmation. It looks OK from where I'm sitting, but it's your money and your choice.

Excuse me.. QUestion.
I'm Italian. Shall I buy a dvd form other website worldwide?? and ship here in Italy.
With Euros coin will be better buy in other countries.. like reppublic check...
thanks

Do you have a link for that?
The circular page is zip code specific but here is mine: http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/de...1&pagenumber=8&promotioncode=Kmart-100919Base

(Yikes that is huge [the url] !)

Interesting that you get $20 back but it costs $59.99 for what appears to be the basic edition ($49.99 elsewhere ... can't be the DIGITAL deluxe, right?) ... so the net bonus is only $10. What a marketing gimmick! :rolleyes: :mad:

Target is giving a $10 gift card with purchase, per the 2K site http://www.civilization5.com/preorder/us/r8.html edit: hmm ... except that the link there doesn't get you to an offer, and the Target site search only brings up the $49.99 with no apparent bonus ???

dV

Excuse me.. QUestion.
I'm Italian. Shall I buy a dvd form other website worldwide?? and ship here in Italy.
thanks
You can buy Civilization from a website outside Italy, but then you may have extra costs for the shipping and some websites don't ship outside their own country. From Italy you could e.g. buy at play.com or cdwow.com (they ship in Europe for free). Alternatively GamesPlanet has the digital version for GBP 29.99 and is available world-wide. I don't know about the Czech Republic. You'd have to check on those websites if they ship internationally.

You can buy Civilization from a website outside Italy, but then you may have extra costs for the shipping and some websites don't ship outside their own country. From Italy you could e.g. buy at play.com or cdwow.com (they ship in Europe for free). Alternatively GamesPlanet has the digital version for GBP 29.99 and is available world-wide. I don't know about the Czech Republic. You'd have to check on those websites if they ship internationally.

thank
!cdwow.com it's free but must wait 15 working days.

The circular page is zip code specific but here is mine: http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/de...1&pagenumber=8&promotioncode=Kmart-100919Base

(Yikes that is huge [the url] !)

Interesting that you get $20 back but it costs $59.99 for what appears to be the basic edition ($49.99 elsewhere ... can't be the DIGITAL deluxe, right?) ... so the net bonus is only $10. What a marketing gimmick! :rolleyes: :mad:

Target is giving a $10 gift card with purchase, per the 2K site http://www.civilization5.com/preorder/us/r8.html edit: hmm ... except that the link there doesn't get you to an offer, and the Target site search only brings up the $49.99 with no apparent bonus ???

dV

K-mart's price is actually $49.99 - apparently the MSRP changed from when they wrote it to when it came out. At least that's what I saw on a different forum.

As for Target - no mention in their ad. Stopped by last night, saw no signage. Even asked the executive in charge of hardlines, and he claimed he didn't know anything about it. Seems rather fishy to me. My guess is Target won't be doing it, and 2k never bothered to double-check with them. We'll see shortly, though!

Site crashed so I wasn't able to update my post.

My wife has purchased 2 copies at K-Mart. She did both as individual transactions and we now have 2 $20 coupons. Price was the same as everywhere else - $49.99.

I called Target and they didn't know anything about the gift card. Others have posted on gamefaqs saying the same thing.

THANKS. Very helpful.

Just ordered a Special Edition to be picked up at my local Best Buy tomorrow(!).
Used my Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard & a $55 cert I earned for using it!
As a professional financial advisor (& 3/4 Scottish) I'd highly recommend anyone (or your parents) get one. I've tried many points cards over the years, & since we all buy at Best Buy, this card is THE best.

Let's all rock-n-roll on day one of the latest drug, er-r-r, Civ edition/addiction!!

Went to EB Games yesterday here in Australia to pre-order the special edition... they said they'd sold out :-(

I asked if that was across all stores and they said yes. Not even out till the 24th and they're sold out already? Guess that's what happens when the special edition is limited to one store only.

So looks like i'm just gonna have to settle for the standard edition. I was looking forward to the Art Book and Making Of DVD, too :-(

I'm just gonna go cry over in the corner now... :p

I actually have a deposit on the Collector's Edition that I was going to get refunded tomorrow, but I'll give it to you if you want. Just reply soon ok? :p

Excuse me.. QUestion.
thanks

Hey, I woudl suggest gameplay.co.uk, very good experiende - fast and shipping in Europe just for 3 pounds, so it is 25 gbp for game and 3 gbp for shipping.

This could probably be UN-sticky now.
Why? The game can still be pre-ordered in many many countries around the world.
Furthermore, even after the game has been released, a thread listing the web shops can be beneficial to people looking to find the best deal to buy the game. Prices vary greatly between vendors (outside US where everything is priced at $50)

Hi all,

I live in the Philippines, bought by copy yesterday for Php1795, or around $40 (I think). Interestingly, when I bought the game I was given one of the Cradle of Civ map packs free (took Asia) and was told I could buy the other two whenever I wanted for just over a dollar each.

Was pleasantly surprised by that, not sure I'll buy the other two but it's nice to have the option.

Top Bottom